Kong, Star Wars, and giving my boy a superpower! - PTR(s)

OMG OMG OMG OMG!

So I finally found/stumbled upon your report here. I read the first entry and the above is what I was saying in my head!

Because...my youngest son (who is 12) is also a HUGE Calvin and Hobbes FANATIC! If I was worried about the boys not getting along before...well let me tell you just wait until I mention this to my son!

Just two days ago I ordered one of the only remaining Calvin and Hobbes books he didn't have yet.

I'm going to now search for any photos I might have of how he dressed for Halloween a few years ago because your son might be the only one who gets it. At the time, in elementary school, none of his fellow classmates got it at all!

Ok...here we go...I wanted him to wear a striped shirt but he made the 'costume' himself:

IMG_20141024_191157797_zpslbyncl2u.jpg

Following along. Your Calvin and Hobbes vacation sounds similar to the "Midwest Literary Tour" I planned for my kids years back involving all available "Laura Ingalls Wilder" sites, Mark Twain's hometown with sites from the Tom Sawyer books and an amusement park thrown in.

I love to plan vacations. Your son is so sweet. You must be proud. I now have a grandson his age who plays chess with the chess club as well as the cello.

I love your plan and can't wait to see how it turns out.

Following along. Your Calvin and Hobbes vacation sounds similar to the "Midwest Literary Tour" I planned for my kids years back involving all available "Laura Ingalls Wilder" sites, Mark Twain's hometown with sites from the Tom Sawyer books and an amusement park thrown in.

I love to plan vacations. Your son is so sweet. You must be proud. I now have a grandson his age who plays chess with the chess club as well as the cello.

I love your plan and can't wait to see how it turns out.

Thanks! :) Well, you must have been fairly near us in Kansas City when you went on your tour! How awesome!

Talked to my son. He thinks one day at Volcano Bay will be enough for him (he is so practical). So, we're going to attempt to upgrade my five-day three-park tickets to a two-park annual pass and then buy a one-day ticket to Volcano Bay.

Your plans look amazing (and exhausting)! :) I hope that you and Davy have a wonderful vacation - sounds like both of you really deserve it!

You take the prize on trip planning.

read the beginning a few times to see how you finally decided.....

i know you have the best of both worlds in orlando!!

You take the prize on trip planning.

read the beginning a few times to see how you finally decided.....

i know you have the best of both worlds in orlando!!
LOL - where I work, I'm known as the "Orlando whisperer." I've planned vacations for several of my co-workers at both Disney and Orlando. Funny thing -- going to Orlando NEXT WEEK!!! :) :) -- and while I'll be at the Star Wars Celebration other than one night at DHS for Galactic nights, my friends are going to the parks. They would NOT listen to me about making reservations or FP+ choices. They were then sad when they couldn't eat at BOG at Magic Kingdom.... they FINALLY did FP reservations, but they're doing them kind of silly. And, they REFUSE to try to get to rope drop. So, they're going to Easter Week without much planning and no idea what they're doing. I'm guessing they'll ride the three fast pass rides and stand in LONG lines for one or two lame rides. LOL.

your friends will start bowing to you once they experience only getting 3 rides in that day.....
they will learn the hard way of doing the park on a fly

and i expect they will come to you first next time they start to plan a trip...

LOL - where I work, I'm known as the "Orlando whisperer." I've planned vacations for several of my co-workers at both Disney and Orlando. Funny thing -- going to Orlando NEXT WEEK!!! :) :) -- and while I'll be at the Star Wars Celebration other than one night at DHS for Galactic nights, my friends are going to the parks. They would NOT listen to me about making reservations or FP+ choices. They were then sad when they couldn't eat at BOG at Magic Kingdom.... they FINALLY did FP reservations, but they're doing them kind of silly. And, they REFUSE to try to get to rope drop. So, they're going to Easter Week without much planning and no idea what they're doing. I'm guessing they'll ride the three fast pass rides and stand in LONG lines for one or two lame rides. LOL.

So sad when people don't listen to those who have been there. I was talking to somebody recently who wanted to take their kids to the Disney parks. They were last there when they could walk up and get FastPasses...and I told them it didn't work like that any longer. It requires planning...lots more planning. They were also mentioning a Universal Trip...to which my response was not as much planning needed...but DEFINITELY stay on-site, specifically at one of the resorts with the FOTL access. It is so worth it. I think they were a bit overwhelmed with my talking about the details but I told them I'd help them if they wanted to plan.

I get lots of people sent my way when it comes to mostly Disney planning. I try not to overload them with advice but it's hard. I try to start with the minimum, get their responses and work from there to help. I always love hearing about other people's trips!

Talked to my son. He thinks one day at Volcano Bay will be enough for him (he is so practical). So, we're going to attempt to upgrade my five-day three-park tickets to a two-park annual pass and then buy a one-day ticket to Volcano Bay.

Can't wait to hear about Volcano Bay!

So sad when people don't listen to those who have been there. I was talking to somebody recently who wanted to take their kids to the Disney parks. They were last there when they could walk up and get FastPasses...and I told them it didn't work like that any longer. It requires planning...lots more planning. They were also mentioning a Universal Trip...to which my response was not as much planning needed...but DEFINITELY stay on-site, specifically at one of the resorts with the FOTL access. It is so worth it. I think they were a bit overwhelmed with my talking about the details but I told them I'd help them if they wanted to plan.

I get lots of people sent my way when it comes to mostly Disney planning. I try not to overload them with advice but it's hard. I try to start with the minimum, get their responses and work from there to help. I always love hearing about other people's trips!

Lol......this rings so true with me too!!

I help so many people with trips........and every so often when I talk I see their eyes fill with fear or glaze with sensory overload........I need to learn to slow down! I suppose it can be a little overwhelming when I'm so keen to impart so much info in usually a short space of time..........:D

But, so much fun............

I am so looking forward to hear what you think of VB.......and your son too of course.........:thumbsup2

So, some of you know this... and I'm not going to comment too much about it (at least not yet), but there is a preliminary hearing on my best friend's case tomorrow. My best friend was Sarah de Leon. My mind has been much on this and planning vacations has really helped me cope with what is about to come up. Here is a video from Dateline about Sarah and Diana, whose family I have become close to:

So, some of you know this... and I'm not going to comment too much about it (at least not yet), but there is a preliminary hearing on my best friend's case tomorrow. My best friend was Sarah de Leon. My mind has been much on this and planning vacations has really helped me cope with what is about to come up. Here is a video from Dateline about Sarah and Diana, whose family I have become close to:

Been thinking of this today. I still check the site for any new updates..........

Will be thinking of you tomorrow too, as always.........:hug:

Been thinking of this today. I still check the site for any new updates..........

Will be thinking of you tomorrow too, as always.........:hug:

Thank you! The news will be there (and I think Dateline) tomorrow. I will try to post or PM any links there are about it after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!