• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*Kristin & Skip's DFTW PJ: (12/21/09) SBP* minor updates

Congratulations! I just finished getting caught up on your PJ. That's great that you got to move your date up! :goodvibes I love Tiffany blue. It is so beautiful! The Contemporary Resort is really nice! I've never stayed at the GF so don't have much to comment on that other than it looks absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to read more of your plans!

I haven't gotten a chance to read through everything yet, but I had to jump on for a couple of reasons- I am a MI native, but we lived in Lafayette for a while and we go there all the time to visit some family and friends in the area. My maid of honor just graduated from Purdue last year too. I went to school for mass communication and have worked at Michigan Government Television (like C-SPAN) so my career is along the same path as your DF. We had Randy for our wedding too and he was amazing, you won't be disappointed! Christmas is such a beautiful time of year at Disney, what a great way to celebrate the holidays!

First off - I love your colors!! :lovestruc I'm in awe of anyone who can get their fiance to agree to pink! Mine threatened a strike of the wedding if there was pink, and the worst part was my dad backed him up!:scared1: lol.

And how awesome to be down in Disney (especially for your wedding) at Christmas time. You must get two buttons when you're there - the just married one and the birthday one. I always get to Disney at my birthday (May 16) and it's always special. But it's going to be super special for you then. :goodvibes

Anyodd, I'm looking forward to reading more of your plans! :surfweb:

Where's our ClemsonGirl? :confused3 I know whre she is, she's with the whole crew (myself included), waiting for Christina and Geancarlo's wj/tr! :rotfl: ...and probably trying to get some studying in, or...possibly mourning the loss of Tommy Bowden (giggle-giggle). Any new plans made? Don't keep us waiting, now that Christina is all done I have found you to live vicariously through during your planning stages. :cool1:

Hi! Congrats on the wedding planning! We have a lot in common. I am a fellow SBP bride, a Clemson alum, and I now live in Atl. Good luck w/ your planning. A Disney wedding at Christmas sounds perfect :cloud9:

congrats on choosing your MOH and best man, looling forward to hearing more....:goodvibes

Thanks!! I have lots more to come! :)

We are only having a moh and bm and his best man and gm since we aren't doing a big wedding as well.. I definitely feel you on the lack of planning with school!! I can't wait for december to be done with this mess!

Oh I know- december is much awaited!! :rotfl: Not only will we be able to get a date, but hopefully once this semester is over I will be able to have more time for wedding planning!! School just gets in the way! ;)

Congratulations! I just finished getting caught up on your PJ. That's great that you got to move your date up! :goodvibes I love Tiffany blue. It is so beautiful! The Contemporary Resort is really nice! I've never stayed at the GF so don't have much to comment on that other than it looks absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to read more of your plans!

Thanks so much for joining in!! :goodvibes I've never stayed at the GF either, but it looks like we will be choosing the Contemporary after all due to price reasons so I'm so glad to hear you recommend it! I am loving looking at tiffany blue things. It is now competing with pink as my favorite color! :rotfl:

I haven't gotten a chance to read through everything yet, but I had to jump on for a couple of reasons- I am a MI native, but we lived in Lafayette for a while and we go there all the time to visit some family and friends in the area. My maid of honor just graduated from Purdue last year too. I went to school for mass communication and have worked at Michigan Government Television (like C-SPAN) so my career is along the same path as your DF. We had Randy for our wedding too and he was amazing, you won't be disappointed! Christmas is such a beautiful time of year at Disney, what a great way to celebrate the holidays!

Woo hoo another Indy girl!! :cool1: That is SO cool that you were a communication major like DF! He absolutely loves the television industry! I am SO excited about having Randy!! Your pictures are just gorgeous! If we get photos half as good as yours I will be happy! We have never been to Disney at Christmas! I don't know if I'll be able to handle all the excitement in December '09!! :lmao:

First off - I love your colors!! :lovestruc I'm in awe of anyone who can get their fiance to agree to pink! Mine threatened a strike of the wedding if there was pink, and the worst part was my dad backed him up!:scared1: lol.

And how awesome to be down in Disney (especially for your wedding) at Christmas time. You must get two buttons when you're there - the just married one and the birthday one. I always get to Disney at my birthday (May 16) and it's always special. But it's going to be super special for you then. :goodvibes

Anyodd, I'm looking forward to reading more of your plans! :surfweb:

Hi Meg! That is so hilarious that your fiance and dad refused to see pink!! I just HAD to have it in there because of the flowers! And I'm thinking of making DF wear a pink boutonniere!! :rotfl: That is so cool that you get to be in Disney for your b-day! Yeah I think this will be the most special birthday I'll ever have- not only will I be in Disney, but I'll be on my honeymoon!! :woohoo:

Where's our ClemsonGirl? :confused3 I know whre she is, she's with the whole crew (myself included), waiting for Christina and Geancarlo's wj/tr! :rotfl: ...and probably trying to get some studying in, or...possibly mourning the loss of Tommy Bowden (giggle-giggle). Any new plans made? Don't keep us waiting, now that Christina is all done I have found you to live vicariously through during your planning stages. :cool1:

Hey my fellow SC girl! HA HA You knew exactly where I was! I was too busy worrying about seeing those dang teaser pics to think about my own planning! :rotfl2: I've also definitely been getting the studying in and WAS looking forward to today's game without Bowden, but after today I really don't think anything is going to save us! :rotfl:
I have LOTS more plans to come!! If I could get half as organized as Christina was I would be doing amazing! :lmao: Stay tuned!! :goodvibes

Hi! Congrats on the wedding planning! We have a lot in common. I am a fellow SBP bride, a Clemson alum, and I now live in Atl. Good luck w/ your planning. A Disney wedding at Christmas sounds perfect :cloud9:

Hey! It's so nice to see a fellow SBP/Clemson bride!! :yay: I love Clemson but I am ready to be an alum as well! :laughing: I see you live in Marietta- that's where a lot of DF's family lives- we go there all the time and will most likely be living there ourselves one day soon! Thanks so much for reading!

THE HONEYMOON IS BOOKED!!!!!!!!!​
DF booked our honeymoon this week!!! :cloud9: I'm so excited that we have official reservations. :cool1: He spoke to a really nice guy at Disney reservations for a long time. He kept congratulating us and was really helpful! He said it was a good thing we were booking early because we would be there on Christmas and they only have a limited number of rooms with king beds. He also said he would try to get us a corner room with a water view!! :banana:

Soooo, we are booked for POFQ Dec. 22-Jan.2 :lovestruc

We haven't booked the wedding night yet, but we are leaning towards the Contemporary right now.

"Planning Session"​

So I had kind of been wanting to do a "planning session" of my own since escape brides do not get one from Disney. :rolleyes: We will be going down to Florida to visit my grandparents over Christmas break in a couple of months, so we have planned to take a day to go to Orlando!!! It is about two hours away from my grandparents house so we have decided to go on December 30 (my bday! :) ) and just get up really early, drive to Orlando, and then come back later that night. The purpose of this trip will be to gather some things for the wedding as well as to just be in Disney :lovestruc because we haven't been in over 3 years! Plus at this point we will have our date booked! My goal is to come up with an itinerary at some point over the next couple months so that we can get all we want to get done in one day. I want us to do a little resort hopping because DF has never seen most of them, and I especially want to show him POFQ! I also want to go to the boardwalk and maybe even catch a glimpse of SBP. Neither of us have ever really seen it. I'm thinking we would spend the rest of our day at DTD. I want to look for items for the welcome basket and pick up park maps. It will also be really important for us to look at the restaurants we are thinking of for the dinner reception. Right now we are thinking seriously about Wolfgang Puck or Portobello Yacht Club. And of course I want to squeeze in a meal or two at the awesome Disney restaurants! DF has promised me a bday dinner at any resort or at DTD. :cloud9: I'm so excited about this trip!!! Even though it is only one day and we are not going to see any of the parks- just being in Disney and seeing the resorts and DTD is enough to excite me for a long time!! :laughing:

Also, I am upset because while shopping this evening I found the shoes that I wanted to wear for the wedding but they were out of my size!! :eek: And you can't order them!! :confused3 They were exactly what I was looking for and were perfect! Argh!!! :rotfl:

Well, I'll stop for now. Thanks for reading and stay tuned!!! :yay:

Wow, everything sounds awesome so far!!!

Christmas time is PERFECT in WDW!

Just a question-- are they able to move your res. just in case you don't get your first choice date? I was thinking of booking for mine (Nov. 09) but my coordinator said I won't get my date until 3 weeks from now.

I've heard great things about the Portobello Yacht Club. Are you wanting a DTD restaurant for your wedding dinner??

Congrats on getting your HM booked! WOO HOO! Disney will be beautiful during the holidays!!! What an awesome time to have a wedding/HM!:goodvibes

Wow, everything sounds awesome so far!!!

Christmas time is PERFECT in WDW!

Just a question-- are they able to move your res. just in case you don't get your first choice date? I was thinking of booking for mine (Nov. 09) but my coordinator said I won't get my date until 3 weeks from now.

I've heard great things about the Portobello Yacht Club. Are you wanting a DTD restaurant for your wedding dinner??

Hey thanks for reading!! :goodvibes Yes they can move your reservation dates no problem! We made sure of that too since we can't get our date for a couple of months. Our coordinator actually suggested that we go ahead and make reservations to at least hold something since we are going at such a busy time of the year! We were told when we booked that we can change or cancel reservations up to like 5 days before! November will be awesome in Disney!! I have gone during Thanksgiving week several times and loved it! But I have never been in December so that will be exciting! :cool1:
I am pretty sure that our wedding dinner will be at somewhere in DTD! I have also heard good things about PYC but have never been there myself. I am hoping to check it out when I go to DTD this December!

Congrats on getting your HM booked! WOO HOO! Disney will be beautiful during the holidays!!! What an awesome time to have a wedding/HM!:goodvibes

Thanks Tammy! :) I am so excited to just SEE Disney during the holidays so having my wedding there at the same time will just be surreal!! :lovestruc

Congrats on booking the honeymoon! Disney is soo pretty at christmas! We will be down there in two months from today yay... to do our ps and we love that we are able to do it at christmas time! Where did you find the shoes?

Congrats on booking the honeymoon! Disney is soo pretty at christmas! We will be down there in two months from today yay... to do our ps and we love that we are able to do it at christmas time! Where did you find the shoes?

Thanks! :goodvibes That is so exciting that you get to do your ps at christmas time!!! :cool1: I am SO excited to be there next year! I found the shoes at a store we have here called Swoozie's. It is a really cute store that has a lot of cute wedding stuff! The shoes were exactly what I was looking for- they were white flip-flop like shoes that were a really good material and had a diamond-looking gem on each one. They were simple, yet elegant, EXACTLY what I wanted. And cheap too! Only 20 bucks! I am SO mad they were out of my size! :mad: I am going to go back soon though and see if they magically got some more in! :rotfl:

Hey guys! Well we have made it to November, which means we can book next month! :banana: I'm so excited! :rotfl: I have a few minor updates. I have been working mostly on getting rooms booked, invitations, itineraries, and organizing ideas (since I keep finding more and more :laughing:).

Wedding Night Booked!!!

After much debating we have finally booked our wedding night! I really wanted this night to be special and stay at a different resort. Also I wanted to make a distinction between our wedding and honeymoon so that after our post-wedding breakfast we could go check into POFQ and officially begin our honeymoon! :cool1: I really wanted us to stay at a deluxe for the wedding night but they are SOOOO expensive during the holiday season so close to Christmas! :eek: So we finally agreed on the AKL! We have booked a pool view and put in a request for a queen/king bed! They noted that it is our wedding night and said that given that fact we will most likely get one! For some reason that is really important to me. Having an extra bed is such a pet peeve for me. :rotfl: It would be nice if we got upgraded to a savannah view. :rolleyes1 But DF says given that it is the busiest time of the year we definitely should not get our hopes up. :rolleyes: I want my pixie dust!! :lmao:

Also, today my mom booked their room!! :yay: She booked Caribbean Beach. I will be staying with my parents and brothers at CB the two days before the wedding. DF will be staying with his mother and step-father before the wedding and they are supposed to be booking CB as well! I am feeling really excited as things are starting to be put in motion and they are going exactly like I want them! :woohoo: :laughing: Now we just have to cross our fingers that we will get our date next month! :scared:

We have been talking a lot this weekend about what to do for our invitations. I really want to make our own because I think it would be fun and original and also way cheaper. My dad is really good at that stuff so I talked to him this weekend about possibilities. So he is going to work on it and we will hopefully be sending them out right after Christmas. We know that our guests are really going to need time to save and plan, especially since we are getting married right before Christmas. :santa:

I am also trying to get all of the details of our ceremony lined out. I am hoping to gather more pictures and ideas of exactly what I want. Organization is key for me right now! :laughing: Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

you are getting there.... I am excited for you to be able to book next month I will keep my fingers crossed! Its great your dad is going to work with the invites with you and congrats about booking the AKL, never stayed there but it looks awesome! :goodvibes

you are getting there.... I am excited for you to be able to book next month I will keep my fingers crossed! Its great your dad is going to work with the invites with you and congrats about booking the AKL, never stayed there but it looks awesome! :goodvibes

Hey thanks! :goodvibes I SO hope we get our date!! :scared: I was really excited when my dad seemed to want to take on the project of the invitations! Now if only we can find the time to get started on them... :rotfl:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I got some disney wedding stuff today!!! :cool1: We have a HUGE disney merchandise distribution center not too far from us and they have an outlet store there. We hardly ever get to go because they have such odd hours, but we got to go today and I found wedding stuff!!!! :woohoo:

I bought a mickey and minnie snow globe and a cute "bride minnie" picture frame!

globe.jpg

globe2.jpg

globe3.jpg

And with our precious moments figure which we got a few months back

globe4.jpg

And also I recently received a surprise gift from DF which he found online!

blue.jpg

I have also been working on a big wedding binder to organize all of my contracts, pictures, information, etc. Getting organized has been a bit of a challenge. ;) I have also been thinking a lot about the music for the ceremony. I really wanted to use an original song for the ceremony but it sounds like it would be difficult to not use the violinist. I really don't want one of my guests to have to hold a boombox. :sad2: So I'm really at a loss for music. It's hard to imagine how everything would sound in person! :confused:

Thanks for reading! :goodvibes More to come!!

I love your snowglobe- I really wanted to use snowglobes (I have 5 disney ones) but was so afraid they would break ! The glasses look so pretty -what is the design on them? Good luck with your binder, I have one and it really does help organize things. I am so impressed that your dad wants to help with the invites - that is wonderful and will make that time so special! Enjoy!:goodvibes

I have been thinking about music too, there a couple songs that I def want to include in the day but haven't really decided on anything yet.Our DDs will be our bridesmaids and they will walk in together so I told them they could decide on a song together to use. we 'll have to wait and see how that goes....:rotfl:

I love your snowglobe- I really wanted to use snowglobes (I have 5 disney ones) but was so afraid they would break ! The glasses look so pretty -what is the design on them? Good luck with your binder, I have one and it really does help organize things. I am so impressed that your dad wants to help with the invites - that is wonderful and will make that time so special! Enjoy!:goodvibes

I have been thinking about music too, there a couple songs that I def want to include in the day but haven't really decided on anything yet.Our DDs will be our bridesmaids and they will walk in together so I told them they could decide on a song together to use. we 'll have to wait and see how that goes....:rotfl:

The glasses have two little mickey heads on them plus some sort of design. They are really contemporary and DF and I love that style! :lovestruc I am still working on getting that binder together. :rotfl: But my dad and I have been coming up with ideas for the invitations. I am really anxious to get started on them! :yay: I am like you, I have a couple of songs that I really want to use but I'm not sure how to do it. :sad2: Music is really important to me! :snooty: :rotfl:

Hey there Kristin! We haven't heard from you in a while, just checking in to see how things are going. Also wanted to send a big CONGRATULATIONS out on your win over the Gamecocks! What a great game! I love Dabo, I hope they keep him around. Go Tigers! Let us know what's new! Hope all is well and plans are coming along smoothly for you.
Ashley.

Just wanted to join in here. We had our DFTW this past November and I think I am on wedding overload and have not been on as much as I was before the wedding so I missed your journal.

A Christmas wedding at Disney has to be the best. And going down this December for your own planning session is a great idea.

We had our room block at The Boardwalk, POFQ and All Star Movies. Of the 50 guests attending our wedding at least 42 of them stayed at POFQ and it was definately the best decission we made to include this resort. Our wedding was on a Monday and by the Thursday before our guests starting arriving and most stayed until at least the Wednesday after the wedding. The POFQ put all our guests in the same building on the first floor right next to the pool (building #2). This was great as everyone was together, we had lots of informal meets and everyone just loved hanging out at the pool and in the Food Court during off hours.

The Saturday before the wedding we had an informal meet and greet at the Scat Cat Club - which is right off the lobby of the POFQ. There is a guy that performs there Thursday to Saturday nights (Elliot Dyson) and we just love hanging out there listening to him play jazz and perform. Our guests really enjoyed this also. It was a wonderful place to get together.

Looking forward to reading more.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter