• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

KTTK tour...where do I go to get in?

harleyquinn

<font color=red>Wishes she could take photos of th
Hi!

My DF soon DH! ( Man it'll be hard to start typing an H!)

Anyway my Df and I are going on the KTTK tour at 9am. Where do we go to be let in early?

When should we get on the bus from POFQ to get there before 9?

Thanks!!

I'd like to know this too; we are thinking of taking that tour in Sept at 8:30am.

i read some trip reports and almost everyone went at 9:30 so they just went in with everyone else.

Only one person went in early and she said she just needed her confirmation number. But is it hard to bully your way through the crowd to get to the entrance?

I wish I would have asked when I called!

... I've been reading trip reports while waiting for 6/18 departure to roll around... so I know the tour veterans will be weighing in soon... many of them described this in detail....

In the meantime, I booked this tour for 8:30 Mon 6/21 and was instructed to be there by 8:15 (City Hall area). They will have our names on a list at the gate and check us off. I'll just look for the CM with the clipboard and/or ask.

They did recommend that we get the first boat over from WL - and to ask at the WL front desk what time that would depart....

If / When you book the tour, they will give you clear directions about what you need to do.

Oh yes - don't forget DVC 15% discount or Disney Visa 20% discount (I think you have to pay for it with the DV). They basically charge your card immediately and refund / credit your cared if you cancel with 48 hours of the tour.

I already booked it with my DV :teeth: But I didn't get instructions when I did. I think I sounded like I knew what I was doing already. The CM kept asking if I had ny questions, but I didn't realize that I had any! :(

I did the 8:30 tour last month and all you need to do is check-in with a CM when you arrive at the gates. They let you in after the Cinderalla breakfast crowd goes in - it's on the far left side of the ticket booths. I was told I needed my confirmation number and photo ID prior to entry into the park but noone ever asked for any ID or confirmation number. The tour guides are setup next to the City Hall. They were also real flexible with people about getting on an earlier tour if they arrived early or letting people who were late take the next tour. They are a great group of people who do the tours. :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

Thank you rapriebe! that's exactly what I needed to know!:teeth:

Our family also did the KTTK tour and we DID have to provide our confirmation number to the CM at the MK turnstiles. ( I guess it depends on what CM is working). Then we were instructed to see another CM just before you go under the train stations and this girl had a clipboard and marked our names off of a list she had for tourers. She sent us to the waiting area to the left of City Hall.

The tour guides there were GREAT!! One told us that they were about to do the morning opening of the MK and if we promised to come directly back to the meeting area, we could go to the front of the park and watch the opening. It was fabulous!!! All the "day time"park guests were held behind the turnstiles and we had front row "seats" for the arrival of the train and all of the characters. AWESOME!!!

The tour itself was worth every penny!! They provided us each with a bottle of water since it was so hot that day! The lunch at the Columbia Harbor House was excellent! We had never eaten there before. We saw so much and so much we that had already seen, was shown is a different light!! Very very cool!! Leave your cameras at the resort. No picture taking is permitted on the tour. Even in the public areas. They WILL take your film. (One jerk in our group insisted on taking pictures!!) Ask lots of questions. These tour guides are so informative!!

Have a great tour!! You will LOVE it!!!:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter