Kualoa Ranch from Aulani

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
We've decided to spend a day at Kualoa Ranch during our time at Aulani. It looks to be about an hour long drive taking the freeway. Has anyone driven from Aulani to the Ranch on a week day morning or evening? Just curious if we should be concerned about rush hour traffic, as we would plan to arrive around 9am and will leave about 4pm. There is a route we can take along the north shore but its about 30 minutes longer. Any thoughts?

Also, for anyone who has done the Ranch, any good places to stop for a fairly quick dinner afterwards? Either near the Ranch or on the way back to Aulani?

Thanks!

We've decided to spend a day at Kualoa Ranch during our time at Aulani. It looks to be about an hour long drive taking the freeway. Has anyone driven from Aulani to the Ranch on a week day morning or evening? Just curious if we should be concerned about rush hour traffic, as we would plan to arrive around 9am and will leave about 4pm. There is a route we can take along the north shore but its about 30 minutes longer. Any thoughts?

Also, for anyone who has done the Ranch, any good places to stop for a fairly quick dinner afterwards? Either near the Ranch or on the way back to Aulani?

Thanks!
I too am spending time at the ranch. I called them directly and they said they are 1hr 30 minutes to 1hr 45min away from Aulani. I was told traffic on the weekdays is from about 5:30-8am and 4-7pm. Not sure if going along north shore would avoid this. There is a cafe at the ranch to get something to eat if you are interested.

We have done this drive and I do think 1h30-1h45 is more realistic. We find driving in Oahu to be quite pleasant, but at times extremely busy. Personally I would suggest for one direction taking the North Shore route, it is beautiful. We have been to the Ranch twice, we have only done the movie tour. We have eaten at the cafe, I would suggest it's fine for a snack or light lunch but perhaps finding another option for dinner.

We went to the ranch from Aulani during Thanksgiving week. We scheduled a tour that was at 11:30 (through KOS tours). It was a great time for a tour because we were able to leave Aulani after the commute. It took us one hour door to door from the time we got in our car. To change up the drive home we did the loop to the north shore as we had already done the other route earlier in the trip. It is a very beautiful drive and many places to stop along the way to site-see, but it is much longer. If you are taking the shorter route back to Aulani, you could drive into Kailua town for something to eat.

Thanks all for the replies! I booked a full day tour at Kualoa Ranch. We need to be there by 9:30am and are doing three activities, ending around 3:30pm. It includes lunch at the on-site cafe. Based on the feedback, I'm thinking it may be better to take the north shore route and maybe stopping at Turtle Bay or in Haleiwa for dinner? Any thoughts on that?

Thanks all for the replies! I booked a full day tour at Kualoa Ranch. We need to be there by 9:30am and are doing three activities, ending around 3:30pm. It includes lunch at the on-site cafe. Based on the feedback, I'm thinking it may be better to take the north shore route and maybe stopping at Turtle Bay or in Haleiwa for dinner? Any thoughts on that?

If your group is up for a long day away from Aulani, I would go for it as it is a beautiful drive. Not sure what time you want to eat dinner or if you would do North Shore sightseeing on the way, but you would be in Turtle Bay or Haleiwa well before 5:00 if you drove straight without stops. I would recommend Haleiwa for dinner as there are many more choices than at the Turtle Bay resort. Or stop at a Shrimp Truck near Turtle Bay for early dinner and then have appetizers later at the lounge back at Aulani while listening to the great Hawaiian music.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter