La Hacienda and Illuminations

SaintsManiac

Wait for it.
So I managed to snag an 8:30pm ADR for La Hacienda on Labor Day. I'm wondering if the fireworks viewing is decent from the entire restaurant. Do we need to request a window seat? Do they even allow such a request?

There are many areas of the restaurant where viewing would be limited. I doubt you can request a window table and especially not at 8:30. I had a very nice dinner there a few weeks ago in May but personally I would not pin my fireworks hopes on a view from inside. We dined at 7pm, out by 8:15, went into Mexico pavillion to ride Gran Fiesta, strolled inside a bit, came out and at 10 min prior to Illum. we found a great spot right behind a handicapped parking row of evc's/wheelchairs in front of Norway. Great viewing spot, very little wait, really nice people to stand with.

We had lunch there and there are a lot of tables that have a limited view. I don't think they let you request a window seat there. I agree with @vicb - you can get a great last minute viewing area!

Thanks for the replies. This is a backup thing in case the Frozen party isn't available. I'm more concerned with sitting down at a table and not standing around outside for the show.

Last time we ate there we were in a back room with no outside view at all, so if seeing Illuminations is important I wouldn't eat here during it.
We have been seated in that room twice. No view at all. You can request a view - everyone does. But at 8:30 it is highly unlikely anyone with a view is moving

Is there outdoor seating? I swear I saw a picture of a patio and seats over the lake.

Agree with PPs. At 8:30, anyone who has a table with a view will remain there until Illuminations is over. And as mentioned, there's only a handful of tables that have unobstructed views. No designated place for others to watch from at the restaurant.

A better option would be a late reservation at Rose & Crown. Even if you don't get a patio table with a full view, they have a designated viewing area that all restaurant patrons are invited to move to in order to see Illuminations. It's standing room only, but limited to guests of the restaurant at that time so its not crowded.

If you can get a table a bit earlier, you might be able to get the window seat. We had a reservation for 8:15 and had a perfect view of Illuminations, but of course it is hit or miss. We enjoyed the food and the service was great.

I was able to change it to 8pm. Thanks again, everyone!

I think this will work better for you. When you check in ask if you can have a table with a view... as long as you understand that not many tables will have a full view. Enjoy, it's a great restaurant. :)

I was able to change it to 8pm. Thanks again, everyone!

That's better than 8:30, but IMO, still risky if seeing Illuminations is a must. The restaurant may not permit you to wait for a table with a view or one may not become available. I agree with PPs that if Illuminations is the must-do, I would cancel. If La Hacienda is the must-do and an Illuminations view is just a nice to have, keep as is.

That's better than 8:30, but IMO, still risky if seeing Illuminations is a must. The restaurant may not permit you to wait for a table with a view or one may not become available. I agree with PPs that if Illuminations is the must-do, I would cancel. If La Hacienda is the must-do and an Illuminations view is just a nice to have, keep as is.

It's only backup while we hope for the Frozen party to return. Like I said earlier, we just want a comfortable seat. This could all change as we usually change our minds many times before an ADR. :)

It's only backup while we hope for the Frozen party to return. Like I said earlier, we just want a comfortable seat. This could all change as we usually change our minds many times before an ADR. :)

Fair enough! As long as Illuminations isn't a must-do.

Of all the fireworks shows I have always thought Illum was the easiest to see without a big camp out. I see lots of folks who find a place to sit then right when the show starts they wander closer to the edge. Even if you are behind a few people you can usually see... I know cuz I'm pretty short :P

I think moving to 8 has a big chance of helping if you go check in and make your seating request at 7:30.

We actually had a 8:45 dinner reservation, the last one available for that night. We didn't ask for anything special when we checked in and were first seated in the middle of the restaurant with a limited view of the water, but a couple left a window table right before the show began. The manager went over, cleaned the table, and then picked up our drinks and told us to follow him, and we were sat right down at the best table in the place! Pretty amazing service!!

So an 8pm reservation might work, but an 8:45 one might work too. It's really all up to who is sitting at those window tables on the night you go, and if the amazing manager happens to notice you! If you get a window table, it is a pretty amazing night though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter