Lack of Availability??

roselark

DIS Veteran
It has been a while since I have been on the boards, so forgive me if this has been covered. I looked at the recent threads and did not see anything.

The stars (budget, work, family) have aligned for me and I was hoping to make a semi last minute trip over a long weekend down to the World, but there is no Studio availability through the end of the year (and very little of anything else). I have been a DVC owner for 10 years and I have never experienced this. What's up? What am I missing?

Food and Wine for all of September to mid-November, followed by Thanksgiving, followed by Christmas?

Having been a member for 10 years, I understand all of that, but I have always been able to easily get a reservation during this time before. This is the first year I have experienced this complete lack of available rooms. Just checking to see if there is something beyond the usual. Is it Pandora causing the increased demand? Something more?

Same problem. We got last minute Farewell to the Great Movie Ride walk through party tickets and had to stay at Dolphin since there were no rooms to be had otherwise.

In May I was looking for a studio for the first week in December... there were none, anywhere in any DVC resort. I ended up with a 2BR at my home resort at Saratoga.

Crowds could be due to Pop Warner, Cheerleaders, DVC event and holidays.

Yes, if you're not planning a day before the 7 month booking window in your home resort you'll end up on a waitlist. I even had to waitlist VGF for 1 of my 4 nights at the 8 month window! It should come through. I used to be able to waitlist at about the 5 month window and they would come through. However in the last year, we've wait listed twice at VGC (about 5 months out) and neither one came through.

It has been a while since I have been on the boards, so forgive me if this has been covered. I looked at the recent threads and did not see anything.

The stars (budget, work, family) have aligned for me and I was hoping to make a semi last minute trip over a long weekend down to the World, but there is no Studio availability through the end of the year (and very little of anything else). I have been a DVC owner for 10 years and I have never experienced this. What's up? What am I missing?

Suggest stalking the website. I saw SSR Pref studio open for Sat - Mon after Thanksgiving this week when checking.

I agree stalk the RAT that will most likely pay off. You just need to be persistent.

About 1½month ago I came to the conclusion that I would have some points left for this year. Instead of banking them, I decided to try and put together a reservation from scratch for marathon january 2018 and then rent it. I kept stalking the website and tried to waitlist the last day(it never came through) but then allof a sudden the last day was available in open inventory (why my WL didn't match I dont know) and now I have all my days at poly for marathon.

i have also been experiencing issue with availability when planning this upcoming trip-- not positive why as i haven't experienced that problem before

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter