The DVC Members waiting on Gold AP to go on sale

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
So with 2020 and 2021 day tickets being sold they are all taken care of. We are now left sitting and wondering when APs might come back to be sold?

Based on my guides response this morning they are saying "at a later date" still for APs.

Easy for us. We just will buy a 2-5 day ticket. No more 3 or 4 trips a year, not even 2. Maybe once every 12-18 months. No need for APs anymore. Had them since 2011 ish. Done. Sold off some points too. Went from 650 to 325 (well will be at 325 as soon as we close on the last sales).

We are currently booked for marathon week in Jan. Have 10K registration and 2 day park tickets for Epcot and HS (staying at BWV for 8 nights). May add another day to go to AK as well. Not sure when we will book for next. Really like the Epcot festivals so likely March 2022.

I've been booked for March 2021 for months now, but want AP's not individual tickets. If they don't open up AP's soon, I'm going to start walking that reservation for October.

I’m hoping to upgrade our 5 day PH tixs to APs on our next trip or else will have to resort to sitting on them again and buying a couple of 2-3 day tixs.

You'd think Disney would at least take care of us DVC members and allow us to purchase APs...

What is weird is that AP park reservations are separate from Day Tickets. So its not like selling an AP is going to take a spot from someone booking at Day Ticket. At least thats how I read all of this.

I went ahead and purchased daily tickets and plan to upgrade them once the APs are available.

I’m a lost member too. Need an AP. Multi day tickets doesn’t help me. I have a 24 night trip in Jan/feb. also 14 night April/May.

You'd think Disney would at least take care of us DVC members and allow us to purchase APs...

This ....with AP we can only make park reservations during our room reservations....If we were being nefarious, only 3 day of park reservation could be made....THERE IS NO REASON TO KEEP DVC MEMBERS FROM GOLD AP...NONE... It is a gut punch to the most loyal of customers...

This ....with AP we can only make park reservations during our room reservations....If we were being nefarious, only 3 day of park reservation could be made....THERE IS NO REASON TO KEEP DVC MEMBERS FROM GOLD AP...NONE... It is a gut punch to the most loyal of customers...
I completely agree!!! This is ridiculous that DVC members can't buy APs. Don't want to sound entitled but we all paid tens of thousands of dollars to be in the club. Blue card members should be allowed to buy APs. I promise my money is as green as the normal ticketed customers.

I don't understand why APs are not available when both 2020 and 2021 tickets are on sale. I have multiple trips planned in late 2020 through end of 2021 and need APs.

DS’s family bought their tickets for December this morning, and I linked them and made park passes for them and DD and DSiL. Now have to wait to upgrade our Gold passes and hope to match their parks!

I don't understand why APs are not available when both 2020 and 2021 tickets are on sale. I have multiple trips planned in late 2020 through end of 2021 and need APs.
Because Mickey just loves screwing with us now. He is board from not working for 3 months and being stuck in the house with Minnie and is now just a sadistic old mouse.

About a month ago, in the midst of ‘when is WDW gonna reopen”, I noticed that while ticket sales were on hold, the DVC Gold pass seemed to still be avail. Me and kiddos were covered but DW - we were planning to get hers later, closer to our Sept trip. I decided not to take the chance and to buy it while it was still avail.

That turned out to be a really good call. I’m not rubbing it in, I’m just relieved because we almost didn’t do it.

Last edited:
I was dum, because I thought I could wait for my ap refunds and my cruise refunds to buy my APs. Guess that didn’t work out for me. I did get my cruise refunds, but still waiting for AP refunds.

I have multiple trips planned., I have a 5 day pass I purchased for the first trip, but I would hate to spend over $1200+ in tickets compared to a much cheaper AP. But no info from the big D yet, and I doubt they will give us much advance notice. Rumors range from later this summer to not until 2021.

One of the biggest draws for buying direct is the AP discount. How do you market that when you can't actually BUY any APs and you can't even say when you'll be able to?

Everyone needs to be complaining LOUDLY about this wherever they are advertising DVC sales IMO.

I’m currently working under the assumption existing APH cannot renew. I’d love to be corrected on that :)

I had the bright idea of letting our APHs go, not renewing them when they expire in Dec & January. Had figured the winter would ramp up with 2nd wave of CV/flu and we would just sit tight and buy new APHs for whenever I book our first ‘21 trip (summer or fall).

Called into APH line a few weeks ago and requested passes not be extended for 2 of the 3 passes. I need mine to be able to stretch it to cover December trip.

Now, wish I hadn’t called. No idea if I can change those requests I made. Did read here ‘somewhere’ an email is first sent wherein you need to confirm changes before anything is processed. Not sure about that though

Waiting to call AP dept back to see if we are able/willing to keep our 2nd week in August reservation. GD is along for that one. If she doesn’t go, that means her Platinum Pass renewal we purchased won’t be used at all during the current period. No idea if they would refund it or not.

It is beyond confusing to keep this all straight.

Following the thread, too. I have rescheduled, cancelled, and now waitlisted for November 2020 trip, but we didn't renew our AP's because of COVID-19. I'm so confused as to why Disney isn't handling it DVC members differently???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!