The DVC Members waiting on Gold AP to go on sale

You'd really think DVC would work with the ticketing department to come to some resolution for members. I do realize that APs aren't the same as precovid but DVC members should still be able to buy APs. Having DVC reservations without the ability to buy or upgrade an AP seems pretty lame. I know that AP discounts are not guaranteed but this has been a big direct sales tactic in the past.

We were lucky and renewed right before it happened and never activated it. Still showing in MDE as DVC renewal certificate. I called and they said it will just sit until we make it down there and it will activate then.

I tried to be the guinea pig, but when I clicked on purchase, I got "Sorry, but we are unable to complete your purchase online at this time. Please call (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639 for assistance, or try again later. "
Did you get all the way through to the payment information?

Did you get all the way through to the payment information?
Yes! I was pretty excited for a moment. Was able to assign the passes, add in all my payment info, and then clicked to confirm purchase, and then got the error message.

We plan on emailing guest relations again about this issue. We are upset we were given bad info. Plus other issues. We just need an email address.

Makes me wonder how much higher the price might be for an AP once they are available again? I wonder if they will continue the DVC discount with them?

Makes me wonder how much higher the price might be for an AP once they are available again? I wonder if they will continue the DVC discount with them?
Your guess is as good as mine re the future prices for APs, but I think the DVC discount will continue as long as DVD believes it increases direct sales. Once it stops being a direct sales incentive, it's gone.

Your guess is as good as mine re the future prices for APs, but I think the DVC discount will continue as long as DVD believes it increases direct sales. Once it stops being a direct sales incentive, it's gone.
Right I agree there. Could Disney possibly hold off on selling APs again until the Fall of next year? Or later? I can't imagine what some of the Florida vloggers who depend on an AP to get into the parks every day would do.

Right I agree there. Could Disney possibly hold off on selling APs again until the Fall of next year? Or later? I can't imagine what some of the Florida vloggers who depend on an AP to get into the parks every day would do.

I think we will see them as soon as they can begin to allow more guests and park hopping...my guess in January.

I can't imagine what some of the Florida vloggers who depend on an AP to get into the parks every day would do.

Lots of vloggers already get invited to various events at times. They could do free park tickets to show how great WDW is and have structured content they want the vloggers to show.

I think we will see them as soon as they can begin to allow more guests and park hopping...my guess in January.

I really hope it's sooner than that :scared: . We are travelling from the UK in April 2021 and have 14 day ultimate tickets (these are refundable) that we have already used to reserve our park days. We plan on visiting again in December 2021 meaning we really need a gold AP and to refund the 14 day tickets, firstly because it's cheaper, but secondly and more importantly because UK ultimate tickets aren't available for October - December next year (and potentially gone for good?!).

It wouldn't really be a huge problem if we have to wait until January, because we can't book the DVC stay until then anyway, but ideally we'd want to have the APs on our account by then purely for booking our park days for the December trip.

If they don't go on sale until well into next year i'm not actually sure what we'd do about that December trip!

i have trips booked for March, May, June, with possibly September and November tied to cruises. I stopped stressing about having no tickets. I plan to have resort trips and if an ap comes out, then that’s ok. march is a must to use my banked DVC points. Most trips depend on if a cruise happens too.

The thing is I don't care if I get a DVC discount or not. It's not about the money. it's about the convenience. On my arrival day, I can - at best - spend half a day in a park. With the limited hours, it would be nice to be able to follow tradition and at least drop into epcot on arrival day for a nice dinner. AP's for me were about not having to worry if I had a day or had to add another day in order to go into a park for a meal. On resort day, I might go to Casey's for lunch, but that was my only trip in the park. I am not (and can't really) do that without AP's.

Of course, with the park reservation system, it's ALMOST a moot point anyway.

But for me... bring back AP's. Bring em back with a discount. Bring em back without a discount. Bring them back at twice their original price. I don't care. Ultimately it will be for me to decide if the price Disney is charging is worth what I get for it. But bring back the option and then I can decide if the price is worth it.

I can't imagine what some of the Florida vloggers who depend on an AP to get into the parks every day would do.
The guy who writes EasyWDW stalks the availability calendar for cancellations/new inventory shifted from other buckets. (He explicitly states that he does not take/is not offered free stuff from Disney.)

I am not (and can't really) do that without AP's.
How long is your trip? If it’s been a while since you’ve bought individual tickets, you might be surprised by how inexpensive an extra day is after the first four or so. We do these sorts of things all the time but usually don’t have two trips in a calendar year, so we buy regular tickets with enough days to at least pop in every day we are there.

How long is your trip? If it’s been a while since you’ve bought individual tickets, you might be surprised by how inexpensive an extra day is after the first four or so. We do these sorts of things all the time but usually don’t have two trips in a calendar year, so we buy regular tickets with enough days to at least pop in every day we are there.

Well, that's true and I COULD add in days that I likely will not use. But that's part of my weird psychology. If I am there for 4.3 days and I pay for 5, I feel like I HAVE to go into the park on arrival day - even if that ticket only cost $1. because I paid for that day explicitly, I have to use it.

On the other hand, if I pay for an AP, even if I ended up only going once that year for 4.3 days (and that's a bad example, but stick with it) and therefore paid much more than a 4 day ticket, I do not feel like I HAVE to use that day because I did not pay explicitly for it - I paid for general access anytime I wanted, and I didn't want to that day. (Again, this is bad math as I almost always go more than once a year and AP's make more sense).

Hey - I never claimed my brain made sense. You can blame my dad. I got that from him. He didn't care if you ordered the cheapest thing on the menu or the most expensive. Never batted an eye at the dollars spent. But if you ordered it, you were GOING TO EAT IT. Or better example, you could often make an argument for an expensive toy, and you might even win one every now and then - but if it sat in the package for more than a day... well, lets just say you never made that mistake more than once. It could be the worst toy ever conceived, and you were gonna play with it until it fell apart and then carry the broken parts around with you like a worn blanket.

I still can't shake that even though he's been dead for a long time now. If I buy that extra day on my ticket, even if I am worn out, exhausted from the trip and mentally drained, I damned well better put on my big boy pants, and drag myself into the park because I have a ticket I paid for, and almost as bad I have a park reservation so I told Disney I was going to be there and that means I had BETTER be there.

Yeah, I get that. I tell myself that the ticket cost is just my entertainment for the week and after that it is only about what sounds fun it what sprays are what. It took me a few trips to really act that way, but I finally got there. Now at best half the plans I make in advance happen. Park Passes do make that even harder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter