Land/Sea Package

jlacobb

Earning My Ears
We are planning to take our daughter (4 years old) on either the 4 day cruise or the 4 day land/3 day cruise in May 2003. Any thoughts on one vs. the other?

Thanks! Lisa

I would think she might get more of a kick out of the parks than just a cruise only trip. I would do land/sea. :)

If you want to do the land and sea....try pricing the 2 portions seperately. Then you can book whatever land room you want using available discounts. You can still buy the cuiseline transfers if you don't rent a car. You'd have to check in at both the hotel and the terminal instead of just once, but the savings are likely to be huge compared with the Land/Sea package.

as my3kids suggests, price them out separately and you will save a ton of money.

After doing a 4 night land/3 night sea, we have been on 2 7-night cruises. I planned this 3 night land/4 night sea vacation because I wanted my 7 year old to see WDW decorated for the holidays - and he says, "I'd rather be on the boat".

You just never know with kids!!!!

Rae

If your DD has never been to WDW, then do the land/sea. If she has, then do what you want. Just remember that a 7 night cruise is usually just as much as the land/sea packages, so you might want to consider that as well. We took the 4 night Wonder in November and it was just too short to do as a vacation in itself. Perfect if combining with a WDW stay though. We're taking a 7 night next Nov, since the 4 night was too short for us.

We did the 4 day land/ 3 day sea package in October. We have a 3 yo ds and a 5 yo dd. Dh and I both agreed that if we had it to do over again we would just do the cruise.

The parks were a lot of work for us and the kids weren't all that thrilled with it all. They enjoyed the rides at MK but they would have been just as happy to stay at the resort pool.

The highlights of the park days for them were meeting characters, Tea with Alice and the Pirate Cruise (both at the Grand Floridian).

The boat has many characters and they are easier to meet than in the parks. Also the kids club had many fun activities (similar to Tea with Alice and the Pirate Cruise) for the kids.

Honestly I wouldn't recommend that any of my friends with pre-school kids take them to the parks if the cruise was an option. The cruise was so totally relaxing and fun for all of us! Any chance you can swing the 7 day cruise?

How about the three-day land/four-day cruise land/sea package instead?? Even one extra day on the ship makes a difference, and is great after three days in the parks.

I'd love to do a seven day, but we love the parks too much and would never be able to afford (time or money) to do both the Magic and WDW. So the three days in the parks is a great compromise!

Originally posted by reveric
....The parks were a lot of work for us and the kids weren't all that thrilled with it all. They enjoyed the rides at MK but they would have been just as happy to stay at the resort pool....

When we did the 4-day land/3-day cruise our boys were 11, 9 and 5. The parks were a lot of work and we found the kids to be happier on the cruise itself. This was back in 1999 when Disney only offered 3 & 4 day land/sea packages and we swore that if they ever did a 7-day we'd book. We did just that and this last May did the 7-day Eastern. The boys had a blast and we're now booked for the 7-day Western. If you can swing the 7-day go for it. There are plenty of things for you and your kids to do. If you can't swing the 7-day go for the 3 day land/4-day cruise. Even at 4 days the cruise will seem short. HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter