Large Party

2minny

DIS Veteran
Our family is growing, married daughters, and this trip, there are 9 of us going. How difficult will it be to get dining reservations for popular restaurants for 9 people? Does anyone have tips? Will we need to divide into a smaller group to get Sci Fi? I think we will be ok at BOG, HDDR and Via Napoli. Any suggestions?

We usually travel with a group of 9-15 people. Just be prepared to make multiple reservations if you can't find one for your full group. We usually have 3 people making reservations using their sign ons for my Disney experience incase multiple reservations are needed.

Off the top of my head, in the past I know we've had to split the group at Homecoming, BOG, 1900 PF, Garden Grill, The Edison, and maybe a few others. When we have multiple reservations, we try to show up early to ask if we can get a table together and usually they are able to accommodate.

I just recently (sunday) made reservations for a group of 10 (4 kids) for our May/June 2020 trip and I had very good luck with everything. The only issue i had was Garden Grill for Friday night - our first night, so the 180 day mark. I even called and they had no availability that day for that many. I'm sure we could break up our group and try that way but we just decided to skip for this trip. I has able to get the following with the party of 10 with no issues and at normal times: I'm sure booking at 180 + days really helped - we have the dining plan

Hollywood Vine & Dine Fantasmic package dinner
Be Our Guest Breakfast (10:25)
Crystal Palace dinner
Cape May Breakfast
Teppan Edo dinner
Hoop Dee Doo
Story Book thing with Snow White (never tried that)
Ohana Breakfast
Be Our Guest Lunch

i have never had this big of a group, so i assume when we check in we will be able to sit together at each location?? i had no problems getting the reservations for a total of 10

We are usually 9-12 people at our dining reservations. The only reservation I have not been able to get with that size group is Storybook Dining (it’s for our first night so that’s why I couldn’t get it - still 2 months until our trip so I haven’t given up hope!) I usually have no problem at the 180 day mark. I’ve used the free touring plans ADR finder to book reservations that we decided to do after the 180 day mark.

This is where we have booked ADRs for groups this large (some of these multiple times for different trips.)

Via Napoli
Cinderella’s Royal Table
Crystal Palace
Akershus
Crystal Palace
Be Our Guest dinner
Boathouse
Hollywood & Vine
Ohana
Biergarten
Garden Grill
Hoop de Doo
Liberty Tree Tavern

Good luck!

I just recently (sunday) made reservations for a group of 10 (4 kids) for our May/June 2020 trip and I had very good luck with everything. The only issue i had was Garden Grill for Friday night - our first night, so the 180 day mark. I even called and they had no availability that day for that many. I'm sure we could break up our group and try that way but we just decided to skip for this trip. I has able to get the following with the party of 10 with no issues and at normal times: I'm sure booking at 180 + days really helped - we have the dining plan

Crystal Palace dinner
Cape May Breakfast
Teppan Edo dinner
Hoop Dee Doo
Ohana Breakfast
Be Our Guest Lunch

i have never had this big of a group, so i assume when we check in we will be able to sit together at each location?? i had no problems getting the reservations for a total of 10

Do not assume that. They may have to split you. For the record, we eat with a group of 9-12 and have never been split. But we know that they can if needed, and some restaurants may need to split you. Just don’t want you to be disappointed if they do have to split you up.

Crystal Palace dinner
Cape May Breakfast
Teppan Edo dinner
Hoop Dee Doo
Ohana Breakfast
Be Our Guest Lunch

Do not make that assumption. Sometimes we are seated together and other times we get separated.

All reservation confirmation emails include a disclaimer that parties may be split at the restaurant... even when you reserve for 1!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!