Las Vegas show advice

mog

DIS Veteran
We will have our kids (ages 15, 12, 10) with us in Vegas this summer and I was thinking of taking them to a show. I did a little research and found 2 that looked interesting. Has anyone been to either the Tournament of Kings at Excalibur or the Popovitch Comedy Pet Theater?

I thought the Excalibur one might be more fun for them, but I'm wondering about the food. Somehow I can't see my kids eating Cornish Game Hen or whatever they serve!! :) Does anyone have any comments on the food at this show and whether the show is good?

The pet one, my daughter would probably like better, but has anyone been to it and what did you think?

thanks!!

Both shows are good! The "Stomp out loud" is good for kids too. The food at the TofK was great! I will recommend that you get the tickets on the strip the night of as they were half price when we went.

Both shows are good! The "Stomp out loud" is good for kids too. The food at the TofK was great! I will recommend that you get the tickets on the strip the night of as they were half price when we went.

Oh, I wondered if it was better to try to get them at a discount somewhere ahead of time or if it was cheaper to wait until you are there. Where did you get them - at the hotel where the show is?

I second the motion for Blue Man Group and Stomp Out Loud. My kids have seen both and they are perfect for kids. ToK is just like Medieval Times; but you do get the dinner with the show.

You may want to consider any of the Cirque shows except Zumanity.

Also Lance Burton is great for kids.

There are discount ticket companies that operate in LV, where you buy same tickets for up to half price on the same day of the show. Try this company:

http://www.tix4tonight.com/

Also- FYI on the food at TOK, I didn't like it. no forks/knives, eat w/your hands, uck, wouldn't go there for the food. Show was ok if you like that kind of stuff. You are not sitting at tables, it's like your sitting at a bar and eating. I didn't think it was worth what they charge- no choice of menu at all.

My son thought ToK was a blast, he likes the ones by Disney too though. It's the same kind of thing with a little more Las Vegas style and show. We love Mystere by Cirque du Soleil, it's my sons fav show. Lance Burton is also great for kids, he evens lets the kids come up front, great show.

Thanks for all the advice!
What's the Blue Man Group? I haven't heard of that one?

I suggest Mystere. It's one of the older Cirque shows so the tickets aren't as expensive and the show is fantastic. The Mac King magic show at Harrahs is a good day show and you should be able to find discount tickets easily.

There is also a new Bubble Show at Planet Hollywood but we haven't seen it yet.

I would recommend Blue Man Group as well. We've seen it twice.

depends what your kids are into and how mature they are, but penn and teller is a pretty cool show, quite cheap as well. i was about 12-14 when i first started watching thier uk tv show.

Thanks for all the advice. My kids are 10, 12, 15. I'm on the fence about the TOK - I know they would like the show, but I hate to pay for a dinner show if they won't eat the dinner! The Blue Man Group looks interesting, but it is hard to tell what it is from that website - is it music or magic or what?
Has anyone else seen the Pet Comedy show and what did you think of that one - is it worth going to? My daughter loves animals and is really into animal training so she might like that one.

I really need to just pick one or 2 so we don't spend a fortune!

Blue man group is kinda performance art mixed with a bit of music. i havent seen the new show, but the old one at the luxor and in london was brilliant.

i could mention some stuff that happens, but it would spoil it, personally i would go with no idea what is about happen. when i first saw it all i had seen was pentium ads on the tv. my dad had not seen a thing or knew what he was getting into. he spent the show with a ***?!?! look on his face. it was just jaw dropping what they were doing on stage and how amazing the show was.

if you want have a look through youtube and see come clips, the pentium ads will give a great idea about the humor. it really is like nothing else ive ever seen. but personally i would just jump in knowing nothing.

put it this way, im heading back to Las Vegas this autum for the first time in 7 years, at the top of the list to do is blue man group and penn and teller. its just a little shocking how much prices have jumped.

Blue Man Group is a great night out but it does get loud and if your kids are bothered by loud noises they might not enjoy it. Penn and Teller was a fun show but it is not for kids. There is no nudity but there is plenty of adult subject matter and adult language.

I might be wrong, but I think the tickets for Penn & Teller state right on them "must be over 18" - Def. not for kids... But is one of my favorites too! Must see for Adults. Prices for these shows are def. higher than standard Vegas shows, but they are so much better- once you've seen those "buy one get one free" shows you will see they are basically all the same except the people / music changes.... Top shows are $$, but worth it. Next visit I want to see "Love" I heard wonderful things about this show too.

I might be wrong, but I think the tickets for Penn & Teller state right on them "must be over 18" - Def. not for kids... But is one of my favorites too! Must see for Adults. Prices for these shows are def. higher than standard Vegas shows, but they are so much better- once you've seen those "buy one get one free" shows you will see they are basically all the same except the people / music changes.... Top shows are $$, but worth it. Next visit I want to see "Love" I heard wonderful things about this show too.

Yes, Love is the best! Don't miss it! I've seen "O", Mystere, and La Nouba too but Love is the one that I must see again. :cloud9:

I live in Vegas now (for about 4 weeks now), but every time I have visited on Vacation, There are 3 sites that I use to get my tickets and discount codes.
1...broadwaybox.com just choose Las Vegas
2...openvegas.com Click on Forum and then Deals
3...Goldstar.com you have to register, but there are usually about 30 discounts listed.

And don't forget to check out all the free things as well...like the Atlantis Fountain show at Caesars..it's free and right by my store. I hear it every hour, on the hour, day after day, week after week. You get the picture. :rolleyes1

I live in Vegas now (for about 4 weeks now), but every time I have visited on Vacation, There are 3 sites that I use to get my tickets and discount codes.
1...broadwaybox.com just choose Las Vegas
2...openvegas.com Click on Forum and then Deals
3...Goldstar.com you have to register, but there are usually about 30 discounts listed.

And don't forget to check out all the free things as well...like the Atlantis Fountain show at Caesars..it's free and right by my store. I hear it every hour, on the hour, day after day, week after week. You get the picture. :rolleyes1

Thanks for those sites!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter