LAST DAY of Liav and Jody's Excellent DLP Adventure 2005

jodyb

DIS Veteran
Liav and Jody's Excellent DLP Adventure 2005 –Last Day

Cast:
Liav (13)
Jody (Old enough to be her Mom...)

Last Day (for this trip).. Sunday, Jan. 16, 2005…. :sad2:

Sad to say, this is the end of our trip. We still had the whole day, though, since our flight back to Tel Aviv would take off at 9 PM. We decided to have a very leisurely day with no pressure to do anything.. just see where our feet would take us. :rolleyes1

First, of course, we had the sad job of packing and checking out of the Sequoia Lodge. I had to make a final decision how we would get back to the airport. You might recall we had used Euro City Shuttle to get from CDG to the Disneyland Hotel very early on our arrival morning. They cost 75 Euros. I knew the VEA would get us back to the airport for quite a bit less. However, each evening I had seen the CROWDS waiting for that shuttle, and I knew it would not be the most pleasant ride… so in the end I decided to splurge on yet another private ride with Euro City Shuttle. I had lost their Paris phone number so I used my cell phone to call their number in Tel Aviv. They said no problem the driver will be at SL at 6:30… I asked if they would accept credit cards since I am almost out of Euros, but NO.. cash only. Okay, I just thought I would get some cash using my card… OOPS – my Visa PIN only works in Israel, and I never bothered to memorize my AMEX PIN!! Ouch! Why? It was Sunday so the person at the change window in the village insisted she could not call for any information and she could not call American Express for authorization. I offered to call my bank in Israel (Sunday is a work day here) but this would not help either apparently. Sigh… I did not have 75 Euros cash for the taxi so we would have to take VEA which does accept credit cards. Oh well. I again phoned Israel to Euro City Taxi, to cancel, telling them sorry but I don't have enough cash -and was told don't be silly - no problem at all- we will still take you - just send us a check when you get back home!! Wow. Really? Okay…
:bounce:

So, that's squared away… let's go to the park. But – wait – let's first go to EVERY SHOP in the village and see what pins the CMs are wearing today… and.. do I even have to tell you? Liav ended up trading ALL her starter pins – even the ones we'd bought with the idea that they'd be for NEXT TRIP!! Oh well. She did get some great pins and she was very excited about that. :earsboy:

It was past lunch time by the time I finally dragged Liav into Disneyland, and we went straight to our favorite Mexican restaurant near BTM – and AGAIN had chili and fajitas… one last time. Yummy as usual. We rode BTM (my all time favorite) a couple of last times… sigh… and then we went to another million or so shops to look at MORE PINS… At some point we took the railroad clear around the park (to rest my feet), and I think we also went on some Fantasyland rides. I didn't take great notes this last day for some reason. But I do know it was very laid back…. :cool1:
We had planned to go on Space Mountain, using our patches as Fastpasses… but when we got to Discoveryland and saw the huge crowds…
:crowded: we passed. We do like SM, but we're not fanatics about it… so we can't say we rode it on its very last day (which this was), but we did ride it during it's very last WEEK… that will have to do! :flower:
So we walked and looked and took pictures and told one another how sad it was that we were leaving and that we must come back soon…

When we could not delay any longer we took that last lingering look backwards at Fantasia gardens, and then finally turned our backs and walked back to SL…
:wave2: :wave2:

AT 6:30 our driver was there – and I was SO glad I'd arranged the private ride. There were SO many people waiting for the VEA… and it was very cold… it was just so pleasant to be picked up and taken straight to the gate – no other stops, etc. I started to tell the driver that I'd spoken to the office in Israel… he cut in and said he knew all about it and everything was fine, he was happy to take us, they didn't like credit cards, but they had no problem trusting me until I got home. (and yes, I did send the check – I had to pay the Israeli tax in addition to the 75 Euro equivalent in shekels, but I certainly could not complain about that).
The driver took our bags right into the terminal and showed us where the line for our flight was…

Sigh. We're not in DLP anymore Toto….This is CDG. This is one place where I understand people who like to take mind-altering substances! Yuck! Get me out of here!!

Well, in a couple of hours we WERE out of there, winging back to Tel Aviv… and then taxiing back to Haifa… to our own beds. (where we promptly came down with a horrible flu, but that's another story!!)

So what can I say to sum up? It was WONDERFUL!!!!! Magical! Fantastic! Everything a Disney trip should be!!
:jumping1:

We LOVED the things we did for the first time, such as Disneyland Hotel and Castle Club, Billy Bob's, Pin Trading… and we also loved all of our tried and true old favorites – too numerous to mention, but my favorite remains BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN!!

We'll be back….!!!

:love:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! it is the last report :teeth:

What will we do now :flower:

Thank you for sharing. The reflections and sharing have been an insight.

Reid

Thanks Jody for all your reports. They were very enjoyable to read.

Interesting that you dont like CDG. It is true that some terminal bldgs are really quite bad. However other's are very beautiful in my opinion. Air France of course gets the nicest terminals to themselves. I am looking forward to CDG 1 being renovated as I think it is really an amazing piece of architecture that has fallen into disrepair.

:Pinkbounc
THANKS, Jody !!!!!

We (yes, also DGH !!!!) enjoyed SOOOOOOOO MUCH your reports !!!!!

THANKS for sharing !!!
See you soon on this board again !!!!!!!

BIG HUGE KISSES to you and Liav !!!!!

Never stop (Disney) dreaming !!!!!!

Laura :love:

I have really enjoyed your reports Jody (and Bambi's ;)) Thank you for sharing your wonderful holiday :) :) I felt like I was at DLP with you!

I've enjoyed your reports Jody; photos always make the reports more interesting and bring back memories for all the readers.

Euro City Taxi are very trusting (don't think it'd happen in Britain!!) Good job you're so honest :)

Rhiannon :wizard:

I am soooooo sad !I ahve really enjoyed your trip reports and have waited with anticipation for each new posting.You will just HAVE to go back again.
Thankyou :sunny:

And thank YOU all for reading and enjoying along with me. I just love the DIS boards and I wanted to "give back" for all the advice, fun, and friendship I find here. And Bluegirl - you BET I will go back! Meanwhile, I'll keep coming here to live vicariously from others' trips to the MAGIC! (I'll be watching for YOUR upcoming report!! :Pinkbounc )

:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

Thank you for sharing with us, Jody and Liav. I have got so much pleasure out of reading them!

DLP gets very negative recommendations in Britain:sad:, especially from members of another British forum which is why I prefer the DIS boards :disrocks:
Every time someone tells me I won't like DLP (usually someone who's not even visited!), I will just think of your reports and look forward to visiting it myself!:jumping1:

Elaine

Don't listen to the negative reports, Elaine. DLP is full of magic!!!

:wave2:

I hope I can achieve the high standard of trip reporting that everybody sets on this board.Will just have to wait and see till the end of March :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter