Last minute ADR success?

Stephy811

Mouseketeer
How many days before your trip have you noticed ADRs opening up? It seemed like between the 30-60 mark I had lots of luck (on my own and with TP finder). But since then...nothing. I'm about 12 days out now and still hoping for a few more - mostly LTT which I didn't think would be hard but has turned out to be impossible!

I was able to find a breakfast at CRT today for this upcoming Sunday. This whole week has had a lot of openings for my trip this weekend that were completely booked previously.

How many days before your trip have you noticed ADRs opening up? It seemed like between the 30-60 mark I had lots of luck (on my own and with TP finder). But since then...nothing. I'm about 12 days out now and still hoping for a few more - mostly LTT which I didn't think would be hard but has turned out to be impossible!
I've had the best luck the night before.

Both of our previous trips have been very last minute. Within the week right before our trip we stalked the reservations and were able to get everything we ever wanted. Cinderella's Table, Be our Guest, and Ohana with the fireworks, all of it.

We don't do character meals or BOG but otherwise, all our ADRs are booked day of and we've never had a problem finding anything.

No luck now and we are two weeks out! Hoping to soon see some cancellations and people giving up their duplicates. Hope they don’t all wait till the day before!

The email reminders go out 2 days before so the 48 hours to night before window . I know on our last trip I saw LTT come up as either a lunch or dinner option a few days. Also if anyone is looking for DS restaurants I got The Boathouse for 6:30 the day before using Open Table. Many of the non-Disney owned restaurant in DS are also on Open Table.

OP here...finally got my LTT lunch! I also got a TP notification for BOG dinner but I wasn't fast enough. So it seems like people are starting to finalize plans...I'm 10 days out now.

I'm 14 days out and was able to pick up a couple- LeCellier lunch, Art Smith's Homecoming for a late dinner. Still hoping for a Dec 18th 'Ohana. I have one on our AK day but was hoping to move it to our Hollywood Studios Day instead.

I read in the Unofficial Guide that there are a lot of cancellations around the 45 day mark, but I’m 40 days out, have been checking multiple times a day, and am not seeing anything open up.

I read in the Unofficial Guide that there are a lot of cancellations around the 45 day mark, but I’m 40 days out, have been checking multiple times a day, and am not seeing anything open up.

Try again around 30 (I think that's the deadline to pay for packages). A few years ago we did a last minute visit to WDW and snagged same day reservations. Like the trip was so last minute we hadn't even bought park tickets until we got to orlando.

I was able to pick up a ADR for BOG dinner the day before while walking through Hollywood Studios. I was notified through TP and this time was able to pick it up after months of not being fast enough. was so excited.

What’s BOG? Would you recommend it?
Be our Guest. This is Dining in The Beast’s castle. It is in Fantasy Land in MK. It is beautiful in the castle. The offerings are a QS breakfast and lunch. The dinner is TS Dining. I have had all three options and we love the QS lunch the best. The dinner option has a meet and greet with the Beast 99% of the time. Check it out!

Hi, What is TP? :confused:
We are hoping to get a BOG breakfast reservation and have had no luck getting one yet!
We're 2 weeks out till our trip and are really hoping to get the reservation for our MK day :earsboy:
Is there more chance for a last minute reservation or are we too late?
Thanks for your help! :thanks:

I'm also wondering what TP or TP Finder is! Sorry, I'm new. :worried: Just realized how much I wish we had an early morning breakfast at MK and I'm trying to figure out if there's any chance of making that happen.

TP is short for www.touringplans.com. It is a really great site with a TON of info. They offer a free dining reservation search. You are limited to 2 searches at a time. It seems to search for things about once an hour. Once it finds one it will either email and/or text you with a notification. Keep your phone with you at all times with the volume turned on loud. You will only have a few seconds to click on the link that they send you in order to grab the reservation. If you don't grab it in time, go back in to TP and reactivate the search. You can sign up and pay for their services which gives you a bit more benefits but a free account will work for the dining searches. Here is the site: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/join/basic. Set up an account, add your trip details, then there should be a button for you to click that will take you to the reservation search page.

I would suggest that you also keep searching on your own as a reservation may pop up in-between the times that TP searches. You can also follow the Cancelled ADR threads here on the Dis and work with fellow members to get reservations that way. Click on this link, and then select the month/year that your trip is scheduled for: https://www.disboards.com/forums/disney-dining-reservations.180/.

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!