Last one to post........... Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Gatlinburg has mountains!

GoldSmokyMtnSunset_1109799291.jpg

this is a pic of the worst tornado to hit our area

051895a.jpg

This is the only F5 tornado confirmed in Tennessee. Many fine homes, some even brick, were completely leveled. Trees were uprooted or blown down, power lines were down, and 75 utility poles were blown down around the county. The EMA report of a one ton Dodge flatbed truck weighing almost 5000 pounds being hurled 20 miles could not be confirmed. The EMA director did verify a sedan being carried ½ mile. A tree was debarked by flying debris. A 200 yard wide path of pasture had grass pulled out. Clumps of dirt were pulled up from the ground. Several livestock were killed. Damage was estimated at 4 million dollars

Stephieann said:
Could i meet up too? I love gatlinburg... i got married there

You got married there? How neat! We honeymooned there!

We actually own some property there in Chalet Village. I call it my retirement account!

Stephieann said:
this is a pic of the worst tornado to hit our area

051895a.jpg

This is the only F5 tornado confirmed in Tennessee. Many fine homes, some even brick, were completely leveled. Trees were uprooted or blown down, power lines were down, and 75 utility poles were blown down around the county. The EMA report of a one ton Dodge flatbed truck weighing almost 5000 pounds being hurled 20 miles could not be confirmed. The EMA director did verify a sedan being carried ½ mile. A tree was debarked by flying debris. A 200 yard wide path of pasture had grass pulled out. Clumps of dirt were pulled up from the ground. Several livestock were killed. Damage was estimated at 4 million dollars

I would not want to live in that area. I'm so scared of tornados! Too unpredictable!

ok ladies, I hate to do it, but I've gotta hit the sheets! See ya all tomorrow :wave:

trappednabox said:
that's beautiful Kathy!! I think we should go

It would be a bit of a central location. Kelli could come straight up Interstate 75. It's about 3 hours away for me. It shouldn't be too far for Stephanie. I'm not too sure about Kliz and Kim.

Whew! I just checked mapquest. It would be 14 hours for you. Unless you wanted to fly. You could fly into Knoxville and one of us could pick you us!

trappednabox said:
ok ladies, I hate to do it, but I've gotta hit the sheets! See ya all tomorrow :wave:

Good night Tracy. I was just gonna say the same thing. I've got to get some sleep!

Goodnight everyone! :wave:

eeyoresmountainpals said:
It would be a bit of a central location. Kelli could come straight up Interstate 75. It's about 3 hours away for me. It shouldn't be too far for Stephanie. I'm not too sure about Kliz and Kim.

Whew! I just checked mapquest. It would be 14 hours for you. Unless you wanted to fly. You could fly into Knoxville and one of us could pick you us!

I would have to fly! it would drive me crazy to drive all that way

night Kathy! :wave: we'll have to work on getting together for a weekend, maybe we can pick a weekend & see what works best for everyone else

good nite tracy!!

steph wanted me to tell you goodnite too...she is experiencing technical difficulties!! ...her comp is wacky too!!

have a good sleep! :wave2:

ok back... lol...kathy i think that night time pic of downtown gatlinburg was messing me up.. lol

041698a.jpg

another of the tornado.

scary thing is we had another one (not near as bad) touch down last week

I watch this & always wonder what makes them make some of these things? They just started making turkey ice cream!! At least that's what it looked like, I've seen them make fish ice cream b4....WHY?!?!? :earseek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter