Late night MK exit With travel scooter...bus or car?

ammag

DIS Veteran
What would you do? We arrive at MK at 2pm on our first day, EMH means we will probably leave for POP between 11pm-12am. Two kids, two adults, rented go go travel elite scooter.

The only other time we left that late form a park was Halloween night, it took over 90 min in line to wait for a bus to pop with room for the scooter and we got back at 2 am. I regretted not taking a car but I had been unsure how to handle ordering one with the scooter.

We have since become comfortable with taking part and putting the scooter in a trunk....

What would get us back to POP the fastest on a standard EMH Monday night? Is it difficult to use lyft or a similar service with a scooter?

I vote for the bus also, if for no other reason than trying to take the ECV apart (and then put it back together when you arrive at the Resort) in a dark parking lot, when you are tired, and it is late, and people are sleepy and just want to get to bed... seems to be a greater potential for unhappy travelers than simply waiting for a Resort bus.

I'm not sure about Lyft or Uber, simply because we have never used them at WDW - and I don't know if you could call for the accessible Minnie Van from the Park; I know you can have the Concierge call for them at the Resorts. Those are $20/trip.

I can say that when we were there in April/May, the late EMH weren't *as* crowded as regular nights; additionally, if you leave either 30 minutes or so before the Park closes, or if you wait until closing, and then slowly make your way down Main Street, and take your time out to the buses, either way allows for smaller crowd sizes at the buses.

What would you do? We arrive at MK at 2pm on our first day, EMH means we will probably leave for POP between 11pm-12am. Two kids, two adults, rented go go travel elite scooter.

The only other time we left that late form a park was Halloween night, it took over 90 min in line to wait for a bus to pop with room for the scooter and we got back at 2 am. I regretted not taking a car but I had been unsure how to handle ordering one with the scooter.

We have since become comfortable with taking part and putting the scooter in a trunk....

What would get us back to POP the fastest on a standard EMH Monday night? Is it difficult to use lyft or a similar service with a scooter?
remember you have to take either the monorail or ferry to parking lot. plus scooter can not use the parking lot tram or if in handicapped tag area no tram to that area and it is walk to that area of parking lot. for MK I would use the bus. if you pay for Valet Parking at Contemp not sure how late they are there to get your car and where you can park to have time to put scooter in trunk

remember you have to take either the monorail or ferry to parking lot. plus scooter can not use the parking lot tram or if in handicapped tag area no tram to that area and it is walk to that area of parking lot. for MK I would use the bus. if you pay for Valet Parking at Contemp not sure how late they are there to get your car and where you can park to have time to put scooter in trunk

Please don't suggest they park at a resort to go to a park. The more people do that, pretty soon WDW will crack down on resort parking and you won't even be able to visit another resort without the nth degree of questioning.

OP - take the bus. If you are staying at Pop Century they will have lots of buses coming for you all, and CMs there to help with the bus queue.

Ok thanks for the info. I just regretted the two hour wait and trip back to the hotel last trip! I guess we could wait a bit and see but that's a good point about having to go to the parking lot too.

I'm not sure about the other monorail resorts but the Contemporary has made changes to their front gate procedures that make it harder to get through it and into the resort area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter