Laundry tips? (Disneyland hotel with baby)

Baduist

Mouseketeer
We’re gonna be at the Disneyland hotel for 8 days with a toddler and a baby (which means we’ll definitely need laundry...)

Was surprised to hear there’s no laundry room. Seems like the nearest one in other resort is about 20mins walk each way.

Any tips?

There is a dry cleaning service against payment at the Disneyland Hotel, otherwise your only option is to go to Cheyenne/Santa Fe.

I think there is also a laundry facility in the mall Val d'Europe nearby, but then the value resorts are closer.

The laundry room at the Cheyenne is easy to use. You buy tokens from the shop and there is a small building with washers and driers. At the Cheyenne there is a nice bar, seating outside and the hotel shop. Take a book and enjoy exploring another hotel. You could always get a taxi each way if the walk with clothes was too far.

Although Cheyenne hotel is about 20 minutes walk away its a nice walk through Disney Village and round the lake past Hotel New York. Cheyenne has very good theming and there is a Starbucks there where you can have a drink while waiting for the laundry to finish or you could have dinner in the restaurant there - its a very good buffet with a lot of choices

Although Cheyenne hotel is about 20 minutes walk away its a nice walk through Disney Village and round the lake past Hotel New York. Cheyenne has very good theming and there is a Starbucks there where you can have a drink while waiting for the laundry to finish or you could have dinner in the restaurant there - its a very good buffet with a lot of choices

Wow that’s really good advice! Thanks @micksn as well!

I’m guessing the front desk at both hotel would be able to assist with a taxi right?

Wow that’s really good advice! Thanks @micksn as well!

I’m guessing the front desk at both hotel would be able to assist with a taxi right?

Yes I imagine they would but its not worth getting a taxi. If you dont want to walk all the way to the hotel you can get the shuttle bus to Cheyenne from the near the train station (a few minutes walk from DLH)

I needed this information too. Thanks! We are tacking on a trip to DLP after a week in Italy. We will definitely need laundry by then.

I appreciate this information. We'll be traveling throughout France for two weeks so laundry is a necessity when packing light. Starbucks and a bar, sounds like I know where I'll be parked while doing laundry.

Hi, I was wondering if the Newport Bay hotel has a laundry area or just the Cheyenne? We’ll only be there a few days but it’s part of a longer European trip for us so being able to do some laundry would be great.

Hi, I was wondering if the Newport Bay hotel has a laundry area or just the Cheyenne? We’ll only be there a few days but it’s part of a longer European trip for us so being able to do some laundry would be great.

The Cheyenne is the only onsite hotel with laundry facilities

A couple of years ago, we were staying at the DLH and also needed to do laundry (we were mid-trip on a big European adventure and had a 4-year old with us, so it was a necessity). Not wanting to pay the prices at DLH, I packed a laundry bag and went over to Cheyenne, as others have suggested. Took the bus from the train station (since I had a giant bag of clothes and didn't want to walk with that). It's a small laundry room, but it wasn't busy. Got a drink and snack and hung out with my book. There wasn't a lot of sitting space in the laundry room, but you can go explore the hotel and their food court area while you wait. All in all, it took several hours to get done (and I needed to run the dryer twice, probably b/c it was a fairly large load), but it wasn't terrible. My daughter was napping in the room with my mom, so no big deal. A couple of suggestions: If you can, just take your own Tide pods (or whatever) and dryer sheets. It's just easier. Also, a small thing of liquid detergent can be used in the hotel sink for like undergarments and small baby items, so you might try that for a few things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!