Le Cellier with young kids?

FireflyTrance

DIS Veteran
I've been wanting to try Le Cellier for years so I made a reservation for our upcoming trip in Feb. However we will have our 7 and 1 year old with us. I am wondering if it is an OK atmosphere for the 1 year old? He doesn't tolerate sitting for long periods. Is it the service very quiet and slow? I may switch it, though I think availability at other EPCOT restaurants may be limited at this point. TIA!

We have eaten here multiple times with our boys... They are a lot older now (20+) but back in the day they were also very young close to the ages as your children. We too have always wanted to eat there when they were young ... we just bit the bullet and did it ... But only you can make that decision ... If you like pretzel bread there's is to die for!

I think it depends on the timing more than anything, i've been for lunch and it's been quiet, I've been for dinner and it's been bonkers loud.
I've never found the service there slow, it's usually in the other direction.

It tends to be rather dark there. You may need to entertain your younger child at the table.

The tables can be super close together as well so your child will need to be able to sit and not be getting up constantly (or have someone take him out of the dining area as needed). That honestly would be my biggest concern (and one of the reasons I won't go back to Le Cellier)

I wouldn't take a 1 year old- only you know your child but mine are 7 and 9 and there's no way I would've taken them when they were that young. It's dark, the tables are super close together, and it tends to be a longer meal. I know my son would not have been able to sit still or be quiet for that long at that age.

It's a theme park restaurant that caters to serving families. Le Cellier is not a fine dining experience. I wouldn't hesitate bringing your children there.

I wouldn't do it, personally. Even though it is in a theme park, it is a 2 credit signature meal. People are paying quite a bit to eat there and tables are pretty much right on top of each other. So if a child is screaming or whining at the table next to you, they are right with you at your table. I have 4 children almost all are adults and we have taken them to signature/fine dining when they were little, but I knew if things got bad, I would pay the bill and walk out. I wouldn't allow anyone else to have a wrecked night because one of my kids decided to throw a fit. You know your kids best.

Last edited:
I've always gone with my kids. The only issue, as others have mentioned, is that the tables are close together, so you can't get up and walk around with your kiddo like you may be able to do some other places. You can always take them right outside the restaurant where there is room to move about if they did have an issue while you were there.

IMO, with the exception of V&A which has an age limit, any place at WDW is fair game for kids.

I don't think the issue is whether bringing young children is allowed at Le Cellier. As others have pointed out, other than V&A, kids are welcome at all Disney restaurants. I think the issue is whether Le Cellier is a good fit for your family at this time. Based on your post that your kids aren't good at sitting still for long periods of time, I suggest you wait to go to Le Cellier until they are a bit older. You really don't want fidgety kids bothering other guests, especially at one where the tables are so close together that it makes a quick exit difficult.

I don’t think it would be inappropriate for you to take your 1 year old. But would it be a pleasant meal for you? I’m hypersensitive to my kids disturbing others, so right now I would not take my Toddler Tornado there. But that doesn’t bother everyone.

You know your kid.

Personally I don’t think kids being excessively loud or being out of their seat frequently is any better at a restaurant with a lower price point. If your kids are generally well behaved at restaurants and you are willing to leave the table with them (the baby in your case) I see no reason to skip Le Cellier. I find the speed of service depends on you and how fast you order, how many courses, etc. It’s definitely not a quiet restaurant though (when full of course).

Last edited:
When my youngest was one we ate at mostly character meals and buffets when we visited. I don't know many 1 year old's that will sit still and be quiet for an hour meal. We found it was much better to be in a more laid back atmosphere and buffets in particular are good because you can pace the meal yourself, get your food right away, get up and down as much as you like. Plus there is entertainment to help break things up and keep the little one busy. She also loved Hoop Dee Doo at that age and we did well with Coral Reef because she liked watching the fish.

It's all personal preference and you have to decide what's best for your family. For me, it would not be worth the stress or worry of trying to keep a 1 year old happy and quiet and not disturb other patrons around us. No meal at WDW would be worth that to me. I also know we'll be back when she's older and can have those experiences when they are more appropriate for her age. That's just my personal opinion but it's all up to you. You will definitely see little ones in all the WDW restaurants including Le Cellier.

I wouldn't worry about bringing kids there. Nearly every Disney restaurant is kid friendly.
At dinner, it can be very loud, so if that bothers your kids, might not be a good option.
We always found as long as we brought along things to keep the kids busy (when they were young), they were fine at any restaurant.

You know your children best and what they can handle. We used to eat there every trip when our kids where young. Our kids were 1&2 years old when we started taking them to WDW. We never had any issues taking them in there. They have high chairs and they were always very accommodating to us. We would order an adult meal for them to share and the servers would have the meal split on 2 plates already when they brought it out to save us from having to split up the dishes. I do have to say that we were very lucky that our kids behaved very, very well most of the time. We would take them out and about quite a bit in our every day life so they learned early what we expected of them in public. Now at home, they went a bit nuts at times. LOL

Since you said he doesn't tolerate sitting for long periods, I would say no.

This woudl be one of my concerns.

The tables are very close together. If he can’t sit still it is quite possible he will be bumping in to other tables and chairs.

And here is the other.

I think that when you book ADR's in WDW you need to think about the logistics each restaurant presents. Kids, even toddlers , are welcomed in evey WDW restaurnt other than V&A, however some are more conducive to a relaxed dinign experience for Mom and Dad than others. Le Cellier is pretty tight, so if your youngster is fidgety, will that work for you? Personally, Given a choice of steak houses, i would look at Yachtsman over LC based on table spacing and comfort, but you know your child. I would say the same if you asked about San Angel Inn. I love tht place but I woudl nto take a child in a high chair there. It would be a recipe for disaster IMO, with no where to move.

I don’t think it would be inappropriate for you to take your 1 year old. But would it be a pleasant meal for you? I’m hypersensitive to my kids disturbing others, so right now I would not take my Toddler Tornado there. But that doesn’t bother everyone.
Exactly this. Its not inappropriate, BUT not ideal either. Since you said yourself that your toddler doesnt sit for long periods, i'd say no. Its dark in there, plus the tables are ridiculously close together. So much so, that i can reach over and put my arm around the person at the next table. Lol. If your tot would want to get up and walk around, that could be an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!