Learned some new things about making adr's....

momtobrynncess

DIS Veteran
This is our gazillionth trip to the world, and we always do adr's. Last year, trying the online system for the first time was awesome! Normally, it's just 4 of us, so doing them online or on the phone is usually a breeze. This year, just like last year, I was up at 5:30 am, :surfweb:, half asleep, with my list in hand, ready to type away.

Now for the new part: This year, my best friend and her family are going with us, so I am making adr's for 13 people!!:scared1: I learned this year that there are some restaurants where not only can you not make them online, but there are some new ones we are trying this year that you cannot even make throught the normal disney dining reservation number. Now I knew that you had to call the number to make Fantasmic Dinner Package adr's, so that was no surprise. Here are the ones that threw a wrench in my plans:

*For parties of 10 or more for CRT, you have to call by phone.
*For parties of 9 or more for T-Rex, you have to call by phone, to the actual restaurant, not the Disney Dining Reservation number.
*For parties of 10 or more for Le Chef's de France, you have to call by phone, to the actual restaurant, not the Disney Dining Reservation number.

Just wanted to pass this info on, for those who need to make large adr's for those particular restaurants. AND, at Le Chef's, they did not even pick up the phone. I got a recording, saying to leave the reservation information and they would call us back. No phone call as of this time. :sad2:

That said, I got everything I wanted, including CRT, BD FDP, BBB, CM, CP, LTT, H&V, and much more! So no complaining here, just some information sharing.

This is our gazillionth trip to the world, and we always do adr's. Last year, trying the online system for the first time was awesome! Normally, it's just 4 of us, so doing them online or on the phone is usually a breeze. This year, just like last year, I was up at 5:30 am, :surfweb:, half asleep, with my list in hand, ready to type away.

Now for the new part: This year, my best friend and her family are going with us, so I am making adr's for 13 people!!:scared1: I learned this year that there are some restaurants where not only can you not make them online, but there are some new ones we are trying this year that you cannot even make throught the normal disney dining reservation number. Now I knew that you had to call the number to make Fantasmic Dinner Package adr's, so that was no surprise. Here are the ones that threw a wrench in my plans:

*For parties of 10 or more for CRT, you have to call by phone.
*For parties of 9 or more for T-Rex, you have to call by phone, to the actual restaurant, not the Disney Dining Reservation number.
*For parties of 10 or more for Le Chef's de France, you have to call by phone, to the actual restaurant, not the Disney Dining Reservation number.

Just wanted to pass this info on, for those who need to make large adr's for those particular restaurants. AND, at Le Chef's, they did not even pick up the phone. I got a recording, saying to leave the reservation information and they would call us back. No phone call as of this time. :sad2:

That said, I got everything I wanted, including CRT, BD FDP, BBB, CM, CP, LTT, H&V, and much more! So no complaining here, just some information sharing.

Planet Hollywood is another that you have to call the actual restaurant. I have a group of 10. :)

Were you able to book any of them online for 13 people? Did you have to secure any with a credit card? I have a group of 12, and I'm preparing myself for what I may have to do.

I don't believe you can go higher than 10 via the online system. I also booked ADRs for a group of 13 last month and did everything via the phone.

I also encountered the same issue with going direct to a few restaurants - I had to call Yak and Yeti and Tutto Italia directly as well.

Were you able to book any of them online for 13 people? Did you have to secure any with a credit card? I have a group of 12, and I'm preparing myself for what I may have to do.

You'll need to call 407-939-5665 (not the regular Disney Dining line) for any ADR's of 10 or more people. If your group is planning to split for a dinner or two and have, for instance, 6 go to one restaurant and 7 go to another, then those ADR's you could make online. The only ADR's that I needed a CC for were the usual ones - Fantasmic! Dinner Package and Akershus I did book but I'm sure the other usuals (CRT; HDD; Spirit of Aloha; etc.) would need a CC too.

I was able to book yesterday through the regular dining number for 11 of us...does it depend on the CM?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter