Leaving DVC but purchased the 7 for 5 day ticket offer

stefanospops

DIS Veteran
Wondering if anyone on here knows the answer to this. We are planning a Disney trip in May, but have also decided to sell our DVC contract. We purchased the current offer of a 7 day ticket for 5 days with plans to use it in May. If I am not longer a DVC member in May, even though I was when I bought the tickets, will I still be able to redeem it? Anyone know?

If they sell their membership, and the contract closes prior to May, any reservation would be cancelled at closing...so if they plan to use their points for May, they would still be DVC Members, as the contract would not have closed. If they sell their contract, and it closes prior, they likely will not be able to redeem their tickets for the 7 days, but would receive what they paid toward a new ticket.

Offer valid for the Disney Vacation Club Members and up to 7 family members (must live in the same household).
It looks like you will need to be members to use the voucher. You can probably get a refund if you go to ticketing at the TTC. Member Services can never do refunds, but the TTC often can despite what DVC says.

However, it really wouldn't hurt to talk to Ticketing and see if they would let you use the tickets on your voucher number.

I won't be staying on point in May. We'll be offsite. I'm actually of thinking of getting the Annual passes since the cost is not significantly more than the 7 day. When I called I decided not to buy anything yet. My DVC card says it is valid until 12-31-2021 and I am buying when I am a member. I just likely won't be a member when I use them. My boys are already grumbling about Disney, so I think we have one more year of Disney trips so I can justify the annual pass. PLus, next year we may be in Florida in July so we can do the water parks too.

Hoping that when I show my DVC card and ID they don't validate if I am still a member since I will have the annual pass voucher, and if they do and say I can't use it now if I would get my money back.

I won't be staying on point in May. We'll be offsite. I'm actually of thinking of getting the Annual passes since the cost is not significantly more than the 7 day. When I called I decided not to buy anything yet. My DVC card says it is valid until 12-31-2021 and I am buying when I am a member. I just likely won't be a member when I use them. My boys are already grumbling about Disney, so I think we have one more year of Disney trips so I can justify the annual pass. PLus, next year we may be in Florida in July so we can do the water parks too.

Hoping that when I show my DVC card and ID they don't validate if I am still a member since I will have the annual pass voucher, and if they do and say I can't use it now if I would get my money back.

They definitely validate AP's. They have to enter the member # into the computer. I know because once I had a cm who twice mistyped it.

If it were me, I would not chance buying AP's with the intention of activating after selling your contract. However, if you decide to buy, then just tell the CM at the ticket gate that you bought while a member, show your DVC card to prove you were once a member, and see what happens. Worst case is that they will say you can't use the voucher for the special price and then you will receive credit for what you paid toward whatever ticket you choose to buy that is at least that much in value. They typically won't refund you.

But, I agree, when they type in the number, they will see that the information won't match, and most likely, will disallow it.

Is the 7-for-5-day ticket available for resale members to purchase? Or is this a direct perk?

Login to the WDW website with your account used for the DVC site. When you search for tickets and passes, it will display the discounted price if you are eligible. No need for any kind of discount code or special channels.

upload_2017-9-18_16-53-8.png

upload_2017-9-18_16-55-57.png

AP's get a voucher but do the 7 day tickets? Do you have to activate?

If you are going to use them on one trip, I would check Undercover Tourist.

We got hard stock, card tickets and the linked tickets on the site did not list them as "vouchers", but as tickets. There was no mention they needed to be validated at Guest Services before use.

Fast forward to today: We upgraded those DVC 7 for 5s to Platinum Plus passes. THEY specifically do say "New certificates" and we were advised we would have to visit GS before entry to activate them (which is fine, because we need to grab buy our DVC Tables in Wonderland card, too).

To close the loop on this, we bought the DVC premium annual pass back in September when we were still members. Linked those vouchers to our MDE and magic bands. Decided on a trip and are here now. Showed them my DVC card but they never checked to see if we were still members. Validated everything and we're good to go! SO the answer at this point in time is that they do not cross reference the vouchers after purchased against DVC membership.

To close the loop on this, we bought the DVC premium annual pass back in September when we were still members. Linked those vouchers to our MDE and magic bands. Decided on a trip and are here now. Showed them my DVC card but they never checked to see if we were still members. Validated everything and we're good to go! SO the answer at this point in time is that they do not cross reference the vouchers after purchased against DVC membership.
You were very lucky. Every ticket I bought through DVC they looked up our membership in the computer.

Same with my sister. She purchased dvc annual passes and then her husband sold their dvc points. She and my niece were traveling on my dvc points last May. She still had her dvc member card and was prepared to pay the extra money to upgrade the annual passes if required when she tried to activate them. The cm put her member number in and activated the passes. Not sure what happened, but obviously the system does not always check that a dvc account is current when activating annual passes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter