Leaving tomorrow! Don’t wanna work!

Have fun! We returned home yesterday from three days at Universal (RPR). We had a great time. My adult son could not get enough of the WWOHP. LOVED it!

I leave Memorial Day weekend, so I have a ways to go before getting really excited. If you lived in Kansas City, you probably wouldn't be working today. Ice and sleet has been coming down for 5 hours and most schools have cancelled classes.

OOOHHHHH how i know this feeling!!!! LOL

You just want to go home, make sure you have everything ready to go. Go to sleep [for like 5 mins maybe?] and wake up and begin your vacation!! Enjoy!!

Kungaloosh!!

We are flying to Universal in the morning. I REALLY just want to just check forums about Universal all day instead of being productive. Really excited to ride in the parade for the first time tomorrow!

Woot!

Gonna be hard for you to sleep tonight
The adventure is waiting for you

Now don’t oversleep and miss your flight......jk

Be sure to come back here and share the fun you had!

So excited for everyone!! I am not working now either!!! We leave Friday for a quick weekend trip to UO (visiting DS who's doing the Disney CP). We'll be at the HRH!!

I also can relate! We just got back from 2 weeks in Florida, including 4 days at Universal. We are very depressed now! Enjoy every minute!
Where else did you go in Florida? Was Universal crowded?

In asking everyone about crowds as we are trying to plan for a good time to go.

Where else did you go in Florida? Was Universal crowded?

In asking everyone about crowds as we are trying to plan for a good time to go.

We were at Universal 1/28-2/1 and it was not crowded at all. The HP Celebration crowds dispersed and it was very pleasant in terms of crowds. The downside of this time of year is that the South American tour groups were out in force. They were staying at HRH where we were staying as well, but luckily it was never problematic. Also, it was pretty cold our first few days - a cold snap with lows in the 40s, and a high of 60. The high doesn't get to 60 until like 2-3pm so we had jackets on most of the day and at night. We were freezing at City Walk on our second night and didn't want to take the water taxi back because of the cold wind. But by the end of our Universal stay, it warmed up into mid-high 70s and was much more pleasant. But those cold temps are worse than it sounds.

After Universal, we spent our last 10 days in the Tampa area visiting my parents who stay there for the winter. We also spent a day at Clearwater Beach and a day all over WDW property (Disney Springs, Boardwalk, Poly - no parks). Not crowded at all in Clearwater and Disney Springs was moderately crowded, but we had really good luck with WDW transportation. During the last half of our trip, the weather was high 70s, low 80s and sunny each day. It was perfect. My parents are still there and its been 80+ for the last 14 days straight, no rain. I believe this is record warm for them, but it goes to show the wild variations the weather can have this time of year.

We were at Universal 1/28-2/1 and it was not crowded at all. The HP Celebration crowds dispersed and it was very pleasant in terms of crowds. The downside of this time of year is that the South American tour groups were out in force. They were staying at HRH where we were staying as well, but luckily it was never problematic. Also, it was pretty cold our first few days - a cold snap with lows in the 40s, and a high of 60. The high doesn't get to 60 until like 2-3pm so we had jackets on most of the day and at night. We were freezing at City Walk on our second night and didn't want to take the water taxi back because of the cold wind. But by the end of our Universal stay, it warmed up into mid-high 70s and was much more pleasant. But those cold temps are worse than it sounds.

After Universal, we spent our last 10 days in the Tampa area visiting my parents who stay there for the winter. We also spent a day at Clearwater Beach and a day all over WDW property (Disney Springs, Boardwalk, Poly - no parks). Not crowded at all in Clearwater and Disney Springs was moderately crowded, but we had really good luck with WDW transportation. During the last half of our trip, the weather was high 70s, low 80s and sunny each day. It was perfect. My parents are still there and its been 80+ for the last 14 days straight, no rain. I believe this is record warm for them, but it goes to show the wild variations the weather can have this time of year.

Oh thank you so much sharing all of those details of your trip. It sounded like a great time with your family!

Yes...that Florida humidity can make the cold temperature that much more unpleasant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!