Lebeau Family Trip Report 2018: Universal Orlando

Have your people call my people so we can get our next years trip dates lines up

Would be wonderful to meet you and the family

Great report!

I would have completely overlooked the kid's zone and Curious George area if you hadn't visited it yourself. Looks really cool and the ball area will be a hit.

Loved reading about your day!! You always do so much in your day!

Fabulous pictures full of colour and smiles!! Love the Pygmy puff..........it is so cute!!

And cotton candy is on my to do list.......it looks fab in a picture and I hope they really enjoyed it........didn’t realise it took so long........but worth it I bet!

I agree with you about PB. We love Sals but the other two places were a big disappointment to us......we have some allergies and they said they couldn’t make the meals without certain ingredients as they were already made up!!! Never went back. Very mediocre.

So happy to hear you’ll be back next year.........

Thanks for the kind words. I enjoy writing and sharing these reports because it lets me relive the vacation.

The Pygmy puff is adorable. It's cuteness overload. And the prices are reasonable as theme park souvenirs go.

I am not a cotton candy fan. I tend to go for chocolate desserts over pure sugar. As cotton candy goes, Honk Honkers was good. I mean, it's all spun sugar, right? So it's not like there is a wide range in quality. We got the pink vanilla flavor which did have a vanilla taste under the massive punch of sweetness. Mix-ins provide an option to do something different although Mindy objects to them on principle. She's a cotton candy purist.

If you can find a time when there is no line, Honk Honkers is definitely worth it for the picture alone. The price is actually quite low for what you get. Unfortunately, every order before yours will take around 6 minutes. So if even a handful of people are standing in front of you, the wait can get quite long. I asked about paying for my order while we waited and the guy at the register said they weren't allowed to take any money until the order starts being made. I got the impression they gave a lot of refunds to people who got tired of waiting. I would say we will probably try it again if we are ever in the area and there is no line.

Trattoria del Porto was fine for breakfast, but pricey. Dinner was very underwhelming for the price. We didn't get to Mama Della’s but I'm pretty sure that is where some of our room service came from. It was good and I wouldn't mind trying it in the actual restaurant. But it's a shame they can't accommodate allergies in 2018. We still have lots of restaurants to try out because the girls tend to snack all day. And when we do decide to have a sit-down meal, they always want to go to Cowfish! If we do end up going to any of the restaurants at PB other than Sal's, it will likely be a convenience thing. Too many other places to try. Sal's is a gem though.

The plan is to use our passes one more time for Spring Break before they expire. Barring something unforeseen, we'll be there. We had an unexpected dog surgery that took a large chunk out of our vacation budget. Hopefully no more dog hospital visits for us between now and Spring Break! I already have a club level room at PB reserved although that could change if a better offer comes along.

Well, this is a must now for our next trip!

It's one of those things everyone should do at least once just for the photo op.

Have your people call my people so we can get our next years trip dates lines up

Would be wonderful to meet you and the family

We should be there the first week of April if everything goes according to plan. You know what we look like, so flag us down if you see us!

Great report!

I would have completely overlooked the kid's zone and Curious George area if you hadn't visited it yourself. Looks really cool and the ball area will be a hit.

Thanks for the kind words. When my aunt saw pictures of Curious George on FB, she asked if it was a new area. She has been to Universal several times, but never been back to that part of the park. It's kind of hidden back behind Woody Woodpecker and Barney. You have to keep pushing back farther and farther into KidZone to find it so it's very easy to overlook. If you have kids, it's definitely worth the time to check it out. The ball area is cool. It's a great place to let your kids burn off some pent up energy and just be kids for a while. Heck, I had fun in there too. Enjoy!

Last edited:

I’ll stand by you when I buy cotton candy as I won’t have to share it then

Lol

It's not my favorite, but that doesn't mean I didn't grab a couple handfuls. ;)

I meant to mention that the cotton candy gets really hard in the Florida humidity. On a hot day, you have to eat it before it starts melting. Once the sugar breaks down, it loses that wispy texture and starts to harden. They gave us a plastic bag and a twist tie and told us to put any uneaten portions in there when we weren't eating it. Fortunately, we finished most of the candy before we put it in the bag because even with the twist tie the leftovers hardened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!