Left the saddest place on earth, headed to the happiest.....

joyjoy

DIS Veteran
So. Hurricane Harvey really gave us the ol' one-two punch. We live in Houston. Our trip was planned for 9/3-9/10, ASMo. ADRS made 180 days out, FP for every day made 60 days out. SWA cancelled our flight with nothing being rescheduled to leave Houston for weeks. So we booked a new trip leaving from Austin on the 6th. My mom lives is San Marcos, 45 mins from Austin. I had to rebook the resort but they didn't have any standard rooms left, plus I had to add another night b/c southwest couldn't get us even back to Austin till the 14th. $280 for that. Then. Omg. Changing all those fastpasses and dining reservations was a nightmare. I couldn't get a lot of them at all. Planning a trip is fun when you start 8 months out. Doing it in a water damaged, carpet ripped out, sheet rock cut out, studs-showing shell of a house in 2 days is less fun. But hey, we're going. We got to my mom's yesterday and it already is such a relief to be away from the chaos. Aside from all the storm debris stacked in front of my (and everyone's) house, regular trash pickup has not resumed and it is starting to stink. Fun news- Guest services upgraded our base tickets to hoppers so that makes planning a bit easier. Anyway, any other Houstonians carrying on with their trip plans? Hang in there, we'll get through this.

Enjoy!!! So thankful you can still make the trip and leave all the mess behind (at least for a little while).

So sorry to hear about your home and trip. Glad you could make it out through the Austin airport. If you are looking to eat at the airport, Salt Lick, Amy's Ice Cream, and Thundercloud are some of our local favorites. Hope your trip is good and takes your mind off the problems at home. We have had blows dealt to our "best laid plans of mice and men" before too, ie a flight that was supposed to leave for Germany on 9/12/2001. Luckily, we didn't have any issues at home at the time. Good luck:goodvibes

Enjoy your vacation, and try not to worry about what's waiting when you get back. You'll be ok!

enjoy it and have fun, im so sorry for your house and how bad you got hit.

Hugs to you. I hope you have a most magical trip and tons of pixie dust to erase some of the horror you have had to endure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!