Legoland for a Toddler?

jsmla

DIS Veteran
Our granddaughter will be 34 months when we go over Thanksgiving. We’ll definitely be going to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and SeaWorld for Sesame Street. She’s Elmo mad and SeaWorld would be free. What do you think about adding Legoland at this age?

We’ll be in the area over Thanksgiving (11/22-28) and this trip will be all about her. The plan is to just go with the flow. We’re staying at Ft Wilderness and can just hang out there if that‘s what works. When she came over Halloween she liked things like the dance parties better than the rides. I’m just way out of my comfort zone here trying to decide what would be best. She has many trips in her future so there’s no need to push it.

Thanks!

I wouldn't go with just a 34 month, no other kids, as someone in Florida on vacation. A local maybe. But Legoland is very far away from anything else and there aren't that many things for toddlers to do. There's one area in the park built for toddlers with just a few rides she could go on. There's the character m&g's, 4D film, beautiful historic gardens, and the mini-land she could do also. I would wait til shes tall enough to ride most things. Legoland is really geared towards the elementary age group, at least the one here in Florida.

My experience is from the CA parks, but our daughter definitely preferred Legoland to Sea World at that age. Legoland is geared toward a young crowd. Sea World has a lot more rides your child won’t be able to do. She has wanted to go back to Legoland ever since and that was probably 18 months ago

The kids area at Seaworld is fantastic- that mixed in with the dolphin shows etc will be perfect. I would also consider Hollywood Studios - we did a ride free day there with my daughter when she was that age and she loved it! All the shows are great for little ones - Disney Jr, Beauty & the Beast, Frozen, Cars, Little Mermaid, Muppets. And now you have MMRR too.

Look into the height restrictions and age I know it's still early to know her height for then. There might not be enough to do. The playgrounds and toddler spots might be closed too with the virus. We went when my son was 2 and not much he could do. My 6 year old son loved it tho. Legoland is farther from Disney but it seemed more laid back and really not a lot of planning needed.

Our granddaughter will be 34 months when we go over Thanksgiving. We’ll definitely be going to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and SeaWorld for Sesame Street. She’s Elmo mad and SeaWorld would be free. What do you think about adding Legoland at this age?

We’ll be in the area over Thanksgiving (11/22-28) and this trip will be all about her. The plan is to just go with the flow. We’re staying at Ft Wilderness and can just hang out there if that‘s what works. When she came over Halloween she liked things like the dance parties better than the rides. I’m just way out of my comfort zone here trying to decide what would be best. She has many trips in her future so there’s no need to push it.

Thanks!
We went in March of last year. My youngest was almost 3 at the time. He couldn't ride a lot. There were lots of areas to play with legos while you waited. Pre covid I was grossed out by my child touching all of the legos. We had been in the Disney bubble for 3 days when we went and it was not Disney quality. It probably would have been ok had that been our first day there. I know lots of people who love it (some family included), but it just wasn't for us. We likely will not go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!