Let’s Talk Mask Designs and Styles!

We’re a fan of this 3D style with a nose wire - secure, doesn’t shift around, and easy to talk in because it’s structured with topstitching so it’s not on top of your mouth.

I haven’t seen this style as much as some of the others, but you can find a bunch on Etsy if you search “3D face mask.”FB37806D-DD06-4F9A-A3E7-D22D72EFC77E.jpeg

How exactly would you suggest practicing wearing one when I put it on just before opening the door to the store which is air conditioned and set so that is between 65-68 depending on the store and within 2 minutes I am getting dizzy and 5 minutes it is either grab or hit the floor.
Have you tried the plastic face shields? They are not masks, but it may be easier for you to breathe in.

Also, if you are having that much trouble breathing in a mask, you can probably get a note from your doctor that says you have a medical condition that exempts you from wearing a mask. Passing out from wearing one could result in a head injury or worse. I'm sure you'd be a good candidate for an exclusion.

Yes I find them harder to breathe in. But they aren't as bad as the typical n95 ones at hospitals. One thing I do like about the k95 are they earloops.

The earloops look much better. Im going to wear it to get my hair done to give it a practice go when I get them. I think I’d feel much better about flying if we had those on.

I am still attempting to find a non pleated style all cotton mask that is not too expensive (under $12) that I don't black out and almost hit the floor if there is not a rack, my DH or my teenager to grab onto as I am going down.
I can really feel your frustration {{hugs}}. It seems you have a lot going on and you really need a mask to be able to go out and about because of requirements. We all know that a 2-3 layer mask is preferable, but what about a single layer mask? One with a looser weave? No, it won't protect as well as a thicker, tighter mask, but any mask is better than no mask at all. Especially since you have many existing pulmonary conditions and contracting Covid would be very dangerous for you.

As for getting used to the mask, start slow at home.

I have an extra Athleta mask I am not going to wear. It's camouflage colored and we don't wear camo. I'll be happy to pop it in a envelope and send it to you. Just PM me your name and address and I'll send it off to you for free.1595541189523.png

I can really feel your frustration {{hugs}}. It seems you have a lot going on and you really need a mask to be able to go out and about because of requirements. We all know that a 2-3 layer mask is preferable, but what about a single layer mask? One with a looser weave? No, it won't protect as well as a thicker, tighter mask, but any mask is better than no mask at all. Especially since you have many existing pulmonary conditions and contracting Covid would be very dangerous for you.

As for getting used to the mask, start slow at home.

I have an extra Athleta mask I am not going to wear. It's camouflage colored and we don't wear camo. I'll be happy to pop it in a envelope and send it to you. Just PM me your name and address and I'll send it off to you for free.View attachment 512705

View attachment 512705

Thank you PM sent to you with my address.

Got our second set of masks. Took much longer this time. Shipping notification on the 8th, UPS claimed it was going to be delivered to the USPS on the 14th, on the 16th it changed back to "in transit", and it finally arrived in the 24th. This order my DH and I got the same design so we just need 1 replaced with an XL Pixar. No wait when I called today. I was offered replacement or gift card this time ( first order i was also offered a refund, but took replacement). The CM did say the XL's have not sold out the first preorders yet, so the first ship date for that size is August 26th. (For our first order they couldn't give a date, it was just "end of August. ")

Very cute! Did you have any issues with the sizing or fit?
I bought these in size large and they were smidge big once I tried them on after getting home, but the mediums are a smidge small. I washed them yesterday and will be wearing one of these new ones later today so I will see how it truly fits later.

I bought these in size large and they were smidge big once I tried them on after getting home, but the mediums are a smidge small. I washed them yesterday and will be wearing one of these new ones later today so I will see how it truly fits later.
Good to know. Looking forward to your update!

Our ShopDisney masks arrived and they are a bit tight on the ears which is a bummer. They’re doable but I can tell I wouldn’t want to wear them long. I’m going to call and see if I can cancel our other order. Out of all the masks I’ve bought (and believe me I’ve tried way too many lol) my Old Navy masks remain the ones I wear the most!

Our ShopDisney masks arrived and they are a bit tight on the ears which is a bummer. They’re doable but I can tell I wouldn’t want to wear them long. I’m going to call and see if I can cancel our other order. Out of all the masks I’ve bought (and believe me I’ve tried way too many lol) my Old Navy masks remain the ones I wear the most!
I had to pull on the ear loops some and then they were fine.

How many of you are good about washing your masks? Give me the full honest report because I’m terrible about it the more time goes on haha. I just keep alternating back and forth between them hoping that’s fine. But we also only go places where we need to wear them twice a week.

How many of you are good about washing your masks? Give me the full honest report because I’m terrible about it the more time goes on haha. I just keep alternating back and forth between them hoping that’s fine. But we also only go places where we need to wear them twice a week.
I'm pretty good with it. I have 4 cloth masks from Disney, and 2 cloth other cloth masks. I wear one each day, and once I am done they go in the washing machine. While they are drying or being washed, I just use disposable ones.

Part of the reason why I have to be careful is that my face is very sensitive it seems to the cloth ones. So I want to make sure I am good about washing so I don't get "maskne" lol

I'm really good about it. I have a bunch of mask options though. I have some nicer ones that I wear when I need to wear a mask for an extend period of time, I have ones to wear when I go out walking, and I have ones for running errands. They go straight into the laundry basket when I get home and the load they go in with I do twice a week so they get washed right away. I sometimes wear more than one mask in a day because of this.

DH and I go out for a walk 3 times a day so at the end of the day, our masks get tossed into a lingerie bag. If a maskless runner or bicyclist doesn’t distance from us, our masks go into the bag when we return home, otherwise, DH puts his on a hook and mine hangs from my Mickey bucket’s hand.

We each have over a dozen masks so they get us through the week, no problem.

I have several masks because when I found one I liked I stocked up for when I go back to work in September. Then I found out work will be providing disposable masks. So I have enough to wear 1 per day, then they get placed in a mesh bag and washed when I do laundry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter