Let the Wookiee Win: An August Solo Adventure! *Updated 11/17*

But I cannot tell you how much fun it was to be at Disney with other people who actually like Disney.
Isn't it wonderful!? We're so lucky to have the Dis, and all our friends here as a result :grouphug:

I ran it by DH that I had found some super flights to Florida, and his response was "You want to go to Florida in July?!?" I'm afraid, ladies, that he may never understand me... :rolleyes1
:rotfl: Another beautiful thing about the Dis... we're among like-minded people who get us! :laughing::thumbsup2

Oh my, it was me that was the lucky one that @KathyM2 put up with me attaching myself to virtually all of her free solo time! But I cannot tell you how much fun it was to be at Disney with other people who actually like Disney. I ran it by DH that I had found some super flights to Florida, and his response was "You want to go to Florida in July?!?" I'm afraid, ladies, that he may never understand me... :rolleyes1

It was SO much fun @DonnaBeeGood I was happy for the company!! And yes, we get you here!!! I'd be happy to be at WDW any time of year even if it's a furnace!

What a great idea Tracy! I'm very excited for you. :goodvibes I've enjoyed reading your trip reports, and they are actually a big reason that I started considering a solo trip myself.
I think it will be super interesting and a lot of fun to actually experience some of those "solo" moments along with you though your vlog (safer too, haha).
Hope you're having a blast planning it. That's always half the fun.:tigger:

It was SO much fun @DonnaBeeGood I was happy for the company!!
I bet she was fabulous company indeed!

And yes, we get you here!!! I'd be happy to be at WDW any time of year even if it's a furnace!
Exactly!!! I knew you'd get me ;)

What a great idea Tracy! I'm very excited for you. :goodvibes
Thank you so much!!! :goodvibes

I've enjoyed reading your trip reports, and they are actually a big reason that I started considering a solo trip myself.
You are too kind - that means so much to me! Solo trips are amazing, and I highly recommend them ;) I will definitely be writing one about my August trip :thumbsup2

I think it will be super interesting and a lot of fun to actually experience some of those "solo" moments along with you though your vlog (safer too, haha).
I'm pretty excited (and a bit nervous!) to try my hand with vlogging. But most excited :laughing:

Hope you're having a blast planning it. That's always half the fun.:tigger:
You're absolutely right!!!

Hi everyone! I have some exciting news to share... well, at least exciting to me :laughing: (I think this further confirms to my mom that I'll insist on being single forever... :rolleyes:). As anyone who knows me, or has followed my PTRs and TRs, knows I am a solo trip loving Disneyphile. A few months ago, I got thinking "hmmm I should create a website/blog about solo tripping to Disney." So I've been working away on that ever since - hey, I knew school was winding down and had to fill my time with something, right? ;)

It hasn't gone live yet, but will on July 1st. I'm going to focus on giving advice about going solo as well as reviewing table service restaurants solo. I have an ADR booked for August for my first - gulp - character meal solo! I figured I can't very well be a solo trip advice giver if I haven't done certain things myself solo. I plan to also try my hand at some solo vlogging on my August trip as part of the effort. :scratchin :scared1: I'm sure it'll be fine... I mean, I already know awkward pretty well, so I might as well throw a camera at it and start filming...

Some of you are already Instagram buddies of mine on my Instagram account of the same name: disneyforone. For anyone else who wants to follow along on my solo adventures, feel free to follow along with me! And my website is (will be): disneyforone.com.

For those of you who plan to be in Disney in August, I can't wait to meet you! For anyone else who plans to be, let me know! I'll be there August 17 (very late) to 23.

For now, I'll leave you all with a picture of me on my thrill ride of choice: PeopleMover! ;) See ya real soon!

View attachment 405138
If you need any “guest contributors” let me know! I’ve even done character meals and dessert parties solo!

If you need any “guest contributors” let me know!
I will - thanks!

I’ve even done character meals and dessert parties solo!
I'm doing my first character meal solo in August. I did do the Star Wars dessert party solo last May - my only complaint was that it POURED throughout the entire fireworks show - but it would have had I not been solo, so it's really only a weather complaint :rotfl:

Sounds awesome Tracy!! I will follow along! What character meal are you doing solo? I sure hope we can spend some time together, Meghan will be there and Kari leaves on the 18th so might not get to see her, Ariella will be there also! I think we can spend time together at the party for sure!!

Sorry my post sounds like 2 year old, trying to get ready for work, haha!

How exciting! I look forward to following along on your new site soon! I'm hoping we can cross paths in August, as well :)

Sounds awesome Tracy!! I will follow along!
Thank you, Caroline! :goodvibes

What character meal are you doing solo?
1900 Park Fare - I'm pretty excited!!!

I sure hope we can spend some time together
Yes, absolutely!

I think we can spend time together at the party for sure!!
Looking forward to it! :thumbsup2

Sorry my post sounds like 2 year old, trying to get ready for work, haha!
:rotfl2:

Very exciting to be starting your own blog Tracy! I look forward to reading it!!
Thank you, Su-Lynn! :hug:

How exciting!
Thank you! I'm pretty pumped!

I look forward to following along on your new site soon!
Thank you :goodvibes

I'm hoping we can cross paths in August, as well :)
Absolutely! I'd love to ::yes::

I look forward to reading your blog! How fun and exciting!

I really enjoyed the solo portions of my 2016 trip - it was great to be able to do what I wanted without worrying about someone else. (AKA more roller coasters and character meets for me! :goodvibes ) The meals by myself weren't awkward - although I didn't do a character meal solo. It will be fun to hear about your new experiences on your upcoming trip!

I'm so glad you didn't get a million pages along here while I was away from the DIS this summer!! I'm trying to catch up, and it's such a pathetic situation because I am painfully far behind everywhere!! I saw you met up with Su Lynn today! I was incredibly jealous of you both. Hope you're having a fantastic time! Can't wait to hear all about it :)

Proof that I met up with Tracy yesterday!

5ACXCWt1MtLdFBVSPxoVkP4vJJclRwVwnXF1xMzdgNaTVXOps9gf3V--jjmqw2TS_7p1lLmtavK40xHsPioUed3vrOmzf58MX5MfxAmEhep8HWwS_7M-anwqcE_TxhD_zFFh1vmQ8ebz39ZAjXx1Iz8oDvXnSETLJCVOXwVA4uoGmbiF0zbFRSHLlEWvQYn7BNnbx57x9-YA7XBpJNV7v10gRy_mBbAigKYjUmSz9xOY03oqey6gcxYZfUq1jkoJPKPaUVwhB5hrMGF5c-mw80k9UIIEFr9elScD_yRjT15vzW4bM9sH95j44OeIIbHocYYP0nrQjMHjUAfubnJxmSguA0JX7vBK3_DO-aenQ3a_bCE8EAVKhOs4ZByHa8OtvUNbanzvVvpa50pHzXdrr39f-3E-RURkuvJTK1KMvJFRtE-prRH3nlhLrIQmZXOjZTLhB6VsQ3rE8f30l4ZGXyKHZHO9NRDlsD1f4RZ-47U5RHtXq_N-Z7CQzB1i3CnMnATRrXcfxH0-YiolOIy2E4OVSCKXxFYzDVeXbKzPn5rn8AwbY1Aux3mcjUw1WlC9kSo6WKX6reJHnL1VmRkkTM-QY0tDkA0nI-9vVCm3td1Xa7xRDLW5kRtLosKal6psuFlWwGCCPHMydiOjdH1UovRNNtikkOhN=w423-h564-no

:disrocks:

I saw you met up with Su Lynn today! I was incredibly jealous of you both. Hope you're having a fantastic time! Can't wait to hear all about it :)
I did! It was a wonderful meet, as they always are :goodvibes It was a great trip, indeed! Thanks, Jackie!

I did not see that. Now I'm jealous too!
You hear that @chunkymonkey and @Tracy161 ????
And Su-Lynn and Steve were not the only two I met up with... sorrrrrrry! :rolleyes1

:goodvibes Still obsessed with your dress, Su-Lynn!

I know for a fact it’s impossible to meet Tracy at the parks. You have to go to her town to see her.
:rotfl:

Seriously though, you guys look great. :)
That's what I like to call the Disney glow... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!