** Lets Chat - Daily Chit Chat**

I'm really weary today. I had a lovely evening in London last night and didn't get home until nearly midnight - way past my normal bed time.

I went to Bubba Gumps for the first time, the food was great, the atmosphere was great and the staff was the nicest I've come across in London. Then we went to see Aladdin. The only thing that wasn't perfect was that I had to go to work today. I'm sooo tired now. (I've just had a nap on the settee!)

It's beginning to feel a bit like summer. I went to the seaside last week for a school trip and am now counting the days until the end of term. Just got to get through sports day without any rain!

I have been making the most of my week off and the weather being good for the most part, been sorting the garden out & catching up with friends. So not looking forward to going back next Wednesday

Morning all, Hope you are all well, Im not going to bore you with all my illness woes but yet again, Im back.:love: Still waiting to have my operation and although I hate tempting fate by speaking of it, bith my elderly mum and dad are right now holding their own and doing well. Its my poor sister that has been poorly, with infected pancreas so all in all we have all had enough of sickness in our family.

Today the sun is shining and my daughter is coming home from Colchester this weekend so I could not be happier:banana:

Oh dear, I've seen a rat in the garden!!! Council have advised me to take down the bird feeders so now I have lots of confused birdies getting rather cross.

Hopefully Rizzo will move on and we won't have to resort to poison.

Yikes Libby, hope you haven't seen any more rats although they do say we're never that far away from one.

Hope your sister is better now, Sue.

I'm very pleased to announce we've now finished decorating the hall - it seemed to take forever! Now to tackle the rest of the house! ;)

Lots been happening in my life - the bad news is that I've been made redundant which was a bit of a shock at the time but I'll quickly move on to the good news which is 1) my middle daughter has exchanged on her house and is due to complete just before bank holiday weekend and 2) my eldest daughter has got engaged and is getting married in September 2018! So lots to be thankful for.

Morning all

Hope eberybody is good:love1:

I had a great few days last week and went to see my daughter in London for a few days. I have a new grandpup a little yorkshire terrier called chewie, so it was wonderful to see him.

Really enjoyed the Olympics this year as well, Im going to be lost without them now:happytv:

@Ware Bears Elaine, sorry to hear about your job hon, hope you manage to find something else soon, great news on your daughters though xx

Hey everyone hope you're doing well!?

Hardly been around in the last few months due to job hunting due to redundancy. Got a new job now so can look forward to our trips! (Booked a 3rd for October 2017 to celebrate (whoops!))

Hey everyone hope you're doing well!?

Hardly been around in the last few months due to job hunting due to redundancy. Got a new job now so can look forward to our trips! (Booked a 3rd for October 2017 to celebrate (whoops!))

Congratulations Jon, I started a new job this week too which will make my holiday pot very happy.

I had a great few days last week and went to see my daughter in London for a few days. I have a new grandpup a little yorkshire terrier called chewie, so it was wonderful to see him.

Aw what a cute name :love:photos please!

Morning everyone:wave:

Just thought I would start a little thread to see if you fancy having a daily chat! :chat:Doesnt have to be about anything in particular, just what ever you feel like chatting about within the board rules. (no religion/politics):idea:

I know we have a couple of people on here who dont frequent Facebook, so it might be nice to have a catch up on here. I will start:

As you know Im in the process of having major building work done on the back of my house, originally it was planned to take 2-3 weeks, but as one ofthe walls collapsed when the rendering was taken off its now planned to take 6-7 weeks:duck:

I dont currently have any kitchen at all, and finding it really difficult with eating and clothes washing, so I will be happy when its all back to normal.:laundy:

I will post up some pictures later of how it currently looks for you to see the progress.:blush:

So whats happening with you?.........
We went through this last year when we got home from our holiday. You get very inventive with microwave ovens , kettles and George Foreman grills. The dust from the ceiling being ripped out drove me nuts for about 6 months, every time thought we vacuumed it all up and wiped everything down the place would be covered in dust in under 30 minutes flat!! We had to have half the house re-wired too which meant the walls were chiselled out re-plastered and re-wired again. The electrician managed to fit the light switches the wrong way around Ceiling lights were replaced and the roof was re-insulated and boards replaced and repainted. Then we had to paint all the walls too. Not a job we expected to do post vacation and it put a dampener of Christmas but at least we still have our home. Think of it as a temporary situation like we had to do, even doing laundry was awkward but we got through it all eventually. Fingers crossed you don't have to be without your kitchen too much longer.

How do you wash clothes with a microwave?! :D
We were lucky enough to be able to relocate the laundry machines elsewhere for a while...Or go to the laundromat! The microwave was only for cooking quick meals. It took a while to seal up the gaps the rats got in through and make everything good. No one wants to come home to the mess they made it broke my heart, especially when our hose sitter never even mentioned what happened. The whole place needed sterilising including inside the appliances.

We were lucky enough to be able to relocate the laundry machines elsewhere for a while...Or go to the laundromat! The microwave was only for cooking quick meals. It took a while to seal up the gaps the rats got in through and make everything good. No one wants to come home to the mess they made it broke my heart, especially when our hose sitter never even mentioned what happened. The whole place needed sterilising including inside the appliances.
Yeah it's really nasty with any house mess. When we moved into our place we were lucky enough to be living with parents before we bought it so could do the messy work without living there too.

P.S, see you at BC in just over a year! :D

Yikes wifey, what a nightmare to come home to.

How is everyone, anyone got any plans for the weekend?

Yikes wifey, what a nightmare to come home to.

How is everyone, anyone got any plans for the weekend?
Hi Ware Bear, yes it was awful to come home to all that mess stink and chaos I felt devastated and overwhelmed at the time. Having to physically remove the little blighters was no picnic either. Everything was chewed or soiled by them. I had to throw away so much it was heart breaking. Thank goodness the work uniforms were well out of the way, so glad I didn't have to explain turning up to work in tatters. We finally finished the redecorating in February, you can't tell anything happened now thank heavens and hopefully since we took appropriate action to prevent it recurring we should be good for a while now. Never even attempted to claim on the home insurance either I was just so stressed out as it was, plus we would have lost a 9 years no claims discount!!
The plans for this weekend are spending time together as a family at home, DS will be catching up with friends online since many of them have moved away or gone to different colleges. We are hopefully going to binge watch the current obsession American Horror Story. We've only wat he's the first season so far but it was enjoyable. We watch Tim Tracker and his wife Jenn on You Tube regularly and they had a review of this year's HHN in at Universal and some of the houses are based on the shows this being one of them along with The Exorcist and Walking Dead etc.. The HHNs don't really appeal to me but DH seems to like what he's seen so far. It's all a little too dark and noisy for my liking TBH but I see why some folks want to attend. My eyesight is just awful at night, can't even see my way upstairs in the dark at home, imagine how slow I'd be in a theme park under those conditions. Getting older just stinks.
How about you , do you have any plans for the weekend?

Hello everyone
Well thankfully at last I have had my operation and now I'm home recovering!
All went well & I'm back at the hospital on Thursday to have my stitches looked at and any updates from the procedure itself!
I'm in a little bit of pain but nothing too bad!
Hope you are all good & enjoying bonfire night X

Hello everyone
Well thankfully at last I have had my operation and now I'm home recovering!
All went well & I'm back at the hospital on Thursday to have my stitches looked at and any updates from the procedure itself!
I'm in a little bit of pain but nothing too bad!
Hope you are all good & enjoying bonfire night X

Glad your op went well and you are on the round to recovery. Hope the pain subsides soon :hug:

Nice to see you back. I hope you are recovering well and staying nice and cosy on this frosty morning. Brrrrr!

I can't believe it's already November. Zoe (on It Takes Two) said just 48 sleeps until Christmas!

Hugs for you Sue, hope you're continuing to make a speedy recovery :hug:

So how is everyone, any plans for the weekend?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter