Let's Chat!

I feel exhausted at the thought of doing 2 parks in one day let alone 4 :worship: We did park hop at DL but that is a whole lot easier.

We have been spending money instead of saving it but we'll get back into it after the Christmas holidays and things settle back down. I did read a news article stating that fares from Oz to the US are going to plummet due to the exchange rate so I'm hoping it's true, I can always cut down on things once we get there but airfares take a huge chunk of money.

BBQ is still standing and working :rotfl2:

This is almost going to be word for word from the Australian boards, I'll try and mix it up.

So as well as putting the BBQ together, I replaced the trampoline mat finally - it's been another thing on my 'to do' list but I didn't want to spend the $80 or so replacing it. Last night on our local FB BSS group a lady was selling a new 12ft mat for $40 - bargain buy! It's taken me all afternoon and a couple of youtube videos to get it on, I had forgotten you really need two people and how damn awful they were to get on but I managed it, in the end :crazy:

Some sad news, yesterday a lovely cyber friend passed away after battling thyroid cancer for over 6 years and that sucks. It has made me more determined to do as I please, when I please, make memories, and live for now.

I *think* I've finished most of my Christmas shopping, just got to find something else for my dad who never wants anything - I usually find him some quirky (rude-ish) sign for his shed so will have to keep looking. We have the local Carols by Candle light in our park this Sunday, my daughter is in the school choir, I just hope it's not as hot as what they are predicting.

Have a great weekend everyone.

I ventured up to the shed to bring the Christmas things down to the house and a King Brown snake came in to see what I was doing. thankfully it slithered off when I stamped my feet. A big one as well.

After all that, I managed to put the tree up and the kids decorated it when they came home from school. I had also forgotten that we had bought the Disney Orchestra/music band last year and now the kids are saying 'we need to go back to the USA soon' lol.

OMG, I'm glad the snake left. I would've freaked!!!

I'm sure your tree looks nice. :)

This is almost going to be word for word from the Australian boards, I'll try and mix it up.

So as well as putting the BBQ together, I replaced the trampoline mat finally - it's been another thing on my 'to do' list but I didn't want to spend the $80 or so replacing it. Last night on our local FB BSS group a lady was selling a new 12ft mat for $40 - bargain buy! It's taken me all afternoon and a couple of youtube videos to get it on, I had forgotten you really need two people and how damn awful they were to get on but I managed it, in the end :crazy:

Some sad news, yesterday a lovely cyber friend passed away after battling thyroid cancer for over 6 years and that sucks. It has made me more determined to do as I please, when I please, make memories, and live for now.

I *think* I've finished most of my Christmas shopping, just got to find something else for my dad who never wants anything - I usually find him some quirky (rude-ish) sign for his shed so will have to keep looking. We have the local Carols by Candle light in our park this Sunday, my daughter is in the school choir, I just hope it's not as hot as what they are predicting.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Congrats on getting the mat on the trampoline.

Sorry to hear about your cyber friend! I totally agree with enjoying the time you have now and making lots of memories. We don't know how long we have on this earth, but we have now...so, we're wise to enjoy "now".

My step-monster (that person that's married to my dad) is on the rampage again. She sent me a nasty text message today, telling me what a horrible person I am, that I'm manipulative, and that I do dirty tricks behind her back. Okay, so she just found out that my dad and I have a joint checking account--for 30 years now!--and he didn't tell her. And just why is that my fault? He put me on that account decades before he met her! I'm not in that sham of a marriage, so I can't make him disclose everything to her. She's always been after every penny he has anyways.

Sorry, y'all--I had the need to vent for a minute!

My step-monster (that person that's married to my dad) is on the rampage again. She sent me a nasty text message today, telling me what a horrible person I am, that I'm manipulative, and that I do dirty tricks behind her back. Okay, so she just found out that my dad and I have a joint checking account--for 30 years now!--and he didn't tell her. And just why is that my fault? He put me on that account decades before he met her! I'm not in that sham of a marriage, so I can't make him disclose everything to her. She's always been after every penny he has anyways.

Sorry, y'all--I had the need to vent for a minute!

Vent away! She does indeed sound like a monster.

The snow looks beautiful MommyMeNDisney. My daughter is hanging out for snow, so I hope (for my sake) that it snows in NY when we are there.

Christmas shopping is almost finished. Just need to get a little something else for my mum to go with her funky garden stakes I found (and really want to put in my own garden).

Hope everyone is well and surviving the lead up to Christmas - or the lead up to whatever else you may celebrate at this time.

Vent away! She does indeed sound like a monster.

The snow looks beautiful MommyMeNDisney. My daughter is hanging out for snow, so I hope (for my sake) that it snows in NY when we are there.

Christmas shopping is almost finished. Just need to get a little something else for my mum to go with her funky garden stakes I found (and really want to put in my own garden).

Hope everyone is well and surviving the lead up to Christmas - or the lead up to whatever else you may celebrate at this time.

I agree, it was very beautiful! I hope it snows in NY while you're there.

Christmas is in full swing over here! I ordered our Christmas cards today. I can't wait to receive them!!!! :)

Hiya!

Last night was our school family and presentation night. It was also the year 6 graduation dance and party. DS12 is now entering a new chapter in his life and I feel so OLD lol. Great fun was had by all and the year 6 students had a ball celebrating the end of their primary school life. I'm sure the teachers are all exhausted today.

We have a couple more days left and school is out for summer :crazy: <--- Me looking frazzled after 6 weeks lol.

Merry Christmas to everyone - I am still up just after midnight here on the Sunshine Coast in Australia - Santa is waiting to visit the kids but DD11 just stumbled to the toilet after sneezing in bed! I think she is trying to wait it out she has really been on the - all my friends don't believe in Santa anymore bandwagon at the moment - even said tonight one of her friends used her iPod last year to film her room at night and saw her mum deliver the presents lol. Hopefully, Santa can deliver tonight before the sun comes up lol.

Merry Christmas y'all! I still haven't put DD to sleep yet, soon enough. Shoot just remembered I have an Elsa dress hidden in my closet! LOL! It's so warm now, it doesn't feel like Christmas. :(

The last 24 hours around here have been very trying, to say the least. Last night my oldest daughter's sister-in-law lost her home to a fire--it burned all the way to the ground. Thankfully, no one was home, though. She and her husband have 4 children, and they lost everything. Here is a photo from the fire department"

Rosie fire 3.jpg

Then, this morning at 4:50 my cell phone went off, alerting me to a tornado warning in my area. It skipped over my county and hit the county just north of me. I have to drive through there on the way to work, so I had to take a bit of a detour because the 4-lane highway was a mess. Here are some photos of what I drove through this morning:

Seminary tornado 1.jpg

Seminary tornado 3.jpg

Again, we are thankful that no one was hurt, as this could have been so much worse had it hit a subdivision.

OMG those photos really tell a story don't they? There is never a good time for these types of tragedies but it just seems all the more sad around Christmas doesn't it. I am so glad no one in your family has physically hurt - but you daughters extended family will have some emotional hurts to recover from how traumatic for them. Good wishes coming from across the Pacific in Australia for you all :flower1:

Holy hell. I'm glad to hear that no one was hurt. Do they know the cause of the fire yet?

Mother nature - beautiful but a complete *B* at times.

Stay safe you all :)

Jennasmommy, so glad you and your immediate family are well. I pray your extended family recovers from the damage.

Sorry for the hiatus. I've been going through my own struggles, but as my friend across the pond always says, I've been soldiering on! Bloody head, yet unbowed. Never underestimate the power (and strength) of a woman...especially, a single mom!

I've missed you guys and think of you often. I pray all is well with you and your families.

Welcome back Jasesmom! I hope all is well with you and Jase.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I'll be spending the day with my Valentine (my DS) and a dear friend who has stage 4 cancer.

Love, peace and strength to you all.

MommyMeNDisney - I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope the three of you had a lovely day together and treated yourselves to (lots of) chocolate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter