Let's get those lovebug reports please!!!

I'm not exactly fearful, but hearing about swarms sounds a bit biblical!

Usually there's only "swarms" in less populated areas...more a problem for car windshields than anything else. They're also very slow and aren't exactly the kind of swarms you'd see in other things, they aren't organized much at all, lol.

The only annoyance I've really had in the parks is if they get near food. One day in September (the other month they come out) a few years ago that I went to the Food and Wine fest it was pretty bad.

:)

Well, if anyone is there now, post your experience!

Last edited:

Oh no!!!

We are splurging on a Boardwalk view and I hope they dont ruin my plans to sit on the balcony and drink wine! Are they out at night?

This is really the first I’ve noticed them much and we have been here since Saturday. I did see a few in our hotel room on the wall.

I would not call it a swarm at all, you walk around and see some flying about but not dozens all together, let alone hundreds.

Well I’ve definitely been in what I’d call a “light cloud” of them. I don’t think they are out at night, but they definitely can spoil sitting outdoors if they’re around. They are very SOFT, so when they land on you and you try to brush them off, they smoosh......bleccchhhh. And omg the mess on a car. But as others have said, they don’t bite so they’re just a nuisance not a real problem.

I’ve been here all week at BWV. Today it’s been annoying. They are swarming on walls, chairs, benches, etc.

They’re bugs... I think needing to plan around insects is going a little too far.

Good thing I'm not concerned with what a random person on the internet thinks! ;)

Don't worry everyone, I'm not actually panicking, just excited for my trip next year. Noticed a post on Facebook which reminded me we'll be going during lovebug season!

Good thing I'm not concerned with what a random person on the internet thinks! ;)

Don't worry everyone, I'm not actually panicking, just excited for my trip next year. Noticed a post on Facebook which reminded me we'll be going during lovebug season!
Honestly I always go from mid April to mid May each year and it’s really fine.

Even today (see photo) which was unusually buggy was ok in the morning and had settled down by dinner.

Sincerely a rando ;)

Attachments

• 14F9F038-8A18-44A6-A4CA-71E7DAE1578C.jpeg
    14F9F038-8A18-44A6-A4CA-71E7DAE1578C.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 51
Honestly I always go from mid April to mid May each year and it’s really fine.

Even today (see photo) which was unusually buggy was ok in the morning and had settled down by dinner.

Sincerely a rando ;)

That I can handle. Thanks for the pic rando! :laughing:

We were here at almost the exact same dates in 2018 (April 28 - May 5) and I honestly don’t remember seeing these bugs. Maybe it won’t be such an issue for you next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!