Let's Keep In Touch: VMK Friends Chat

Melody Mistymoon
159 south Peach Path

I almost felt Guilty making her :(
but she is adorable!

:tink: The Fairy names are all so cute!

It has turned out to be a blustery day around here and I haven't gotten a thing done around the house. :sad2:

I have spent all day on my trip research and I have given up going to WDW in September. We live so far away that it really isn't worth going unless we stay for at least a week. The cheapest package I could put together (including airfare and trip insurance) was $1,118.40 for 6 nights. I think DH has figured this out....if I challenge myself to put together a trip that he can live with (price-wise) then I will fail, he doesn't have to pay, and he doesn't end up being the bad guy by telling me he doesn't really want to go. :rolleyes1

Shine, I believe children should go to wakes and memorial services with their parents so they can ask the questions they need to ask, watch the proceedings with the 'safety' of being with their parents, and the parents can take the opportunity to answer questions and provide guidance that reflects their family values.....that is, if the child is old enough and they can be prodded to go without a quarrel. It is hard to handle grief as an adult, children find it more confusing than we do, sometimes. Even the unpleasant situations are opportunities for parents and children to bond. As parents, we should do the best we can in reassuring our kids that so many things in life are natural and unavoidable....grief is a big one. I am sure whatever you and Zack decide will work for both of you. :hug:

I don't know much about any other games out there yet. I rely heavily on FairyPower's opinion in that department. :rotfl:

Has anyone been receiving the Disney Mom's Panel packages? The ones with the Tink pins in them?

Ok what is the Disney Mom's panel thingy whatever it is that you are talking about-so I guess the answer is no i haven't received it yet-lol. You need to go for the WDW trip but I think you should go in August so I can go too! Yes I know heat, crowds, heat, crowds but did I mention I could go-or the first week in January and we could gimp around together. Until my last trip there 2 years ago (back in the good old days when you got the insiders tour and got a haunted mansion room) I had never, ever been to the World Showcase in EPcot-it was just too big for my gimpy leg to handle. But the restaurants back there made not being able to walk for the next few days totally worth it! You are so close to your price that he's going cave and go for it! OK back to work for me-there's fish needing to be hung in the ocean iin my classroom-don't you just ove getting ready for open house!

PS We have gone through Wnad several times-both to WDW and to DLR at Xmas when we decided two days before that Zack needed to bring a trip to DLR and the Grand Califorian to Zack and she came through both times and did great by us!

Ok what is the Disney Mom's panel thingy whatever it is that you are talking about-so I guess the answer is no i haven't received it yet-lol. You need to go for the WDW trip but I think you should go in August so I can go too! Yes I know heat, crowds, heat, crowds but did I mention I could go-or the first week in January and we could gimp around together. Until my last trip there 2 years ago (back in the good old days when you got the insiders tour and got a haunted mansion room) I had never, ever been to the World Showcase in EPcot-it was just too big for my gimpy leg to handle. But the restaurants back there made not being able to walk for the next few days totally worth it! You are so close to your price that he's going cave and go for it! OK back to work for me-there's fish needing to be hung in the ocean in my classroom-don't you just ove getting ready for open house!
There was the opportunity for a drawing, last year, to be chosen as a member on a newly developing Disney Mom's Panel to represent Disney and man a blog/message board, I think, about traveling to the Parks. They only chose a handful of women and thousands entered for a chance to be chosen. This week, they were sending out a package of Disney trinkets to the women who didn't get chosen and I was wondering if any of our vmk friends got a package in the mail this week.

How is your ankle doing? Is it healing? Is it in need of any further surgery? After my knee, I can't imagine how painful a broken ankle would be -shudder-

:scratchin Hmmm....a friendly trip to WDW sounds really good to me!! :dance3: I wonder how we could get Fairy to go with us!? Donald would have to take a forced break!! :banana: Who else would be able to come along?? :rotfl:

I have to admire you for being a teacher! I don't think I could do that....I am not a patient person like that. Thank God there are people like you in the world to make up for people like me!! :worship:

Shine.... what Suzee said! LOL. I did the disney mom thing and didn't even make it past the first round! But I did get some lovely gifts. I would have rather been a panelist then having these gifts. Free disney always works.
About the wake thing, I never make the kids go. They didn't even go to their grandfather's last year. They did not want to go and personally I hate them myself! So, Keith went all alone. It was for his dad. Funeral yes, wake no, but I think it is up to how you all feel about it. We are not very close to Keith's side of the family, so it was really much easier for us all.

Shine what is this I hear about DLR around Christmas??? We are planning on going and using our DVC points from this year to stay somewhere on property. Let me know if and when you all will be going!

Suzee........... sounds like you are going to be way busy this summer! :rolleyes1 The site that cannot be named is now accepting members again. They are showing new rooms and stuff tomorrow asking for our opinions. I hope it works out. I'm gonna miss vmk and I really need something other than fairies, cars, toons, penguins, and pirates to take up my time! LOL. Oh yeah and webkinz. I love the internet. I think the family is going to be internet junkies!!!! So wrong on the husband front. Doesn't he know that without vmk, you need a Disney fix???? If you take out the trip insurance shouldn't that put you at the $1000????

Disneychick............. I am going to try and locate your fairy. That fairy directory thing is way to confusing. You spend forever going through names! :surfweb: Unless there is an easier way that I don't know of yet!

Donald............. How's everything going? You have just weeks left in school, hang in there!!

I'm off to do my daily points on vmk! Late I know but better late than never

Hey all! Just finished another paper, with this *lovely* piece of work coming in at 27 pages. See, this is my life. This is all my life is at this point. Not easy to explain it in VMK, but now you all know better why I am always MIA these days. :laughing:

Shine, I think as far as Zack goes, you need to have a further talk with him about it and try again to see his feelings on it. I think memorials, funerals and such are important, but at the same time none of us wants to push a child beyond what they can handle. Only you and he can figure out what he can handle. For me, I went to most funerals in my family as a child, but my parents knew to never ask me to view anyone up close. Upset/scared me as a child. Even when my grandfather passed away 6 years ago, it took all that I had in me to participate in the viewing. Doesn't scare me anymore, but just really upsets me. It's all about figuring out each person's limits and then working within those limits, I think.

As for the game that shan't be named, ugh! Look at my location, folks. Yup, right over <------- this way. This game will include a part/land about my daggone college town! :eek: I am trying to get AWAY from that place, not live in a virtual version of it after I graduate! :scared1: Sometimes ya can't win for trying, I guess. :scared: Why me, why me...

You need to go for the WDW trip but I think you should go in August so I can go too! Yes I know heat, crowds, heat, crowds but did I mention I could go-or the first week in January and we could gimp around together....
I would go in August in a heartbeat! DH thinks I am crazy but, well, no but....I am probably crazy! ;)

Suzee........... If you take out the trip insurance shouldn't that put you at the $1000????
Yes, it would, but we are both afraid to book this far out without insurance. I think that is hurricane season down there, too. :scared:

...As for the game that shan't be named, ugh! Look at my location, folks. Yup, right over <------- this way. This game will include a part/land about my daggone college town! :eek: I am trying to get AWAY from that place, not live in a virtual version of it after I graduate! :scared1: Sometimes ya can't win for trying, I guess. :scared: Why me, why me...
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Good morning all!!!!!!

Ok, that's all I wanted to say! :lmao:

hey everyone : )

1st a trip for two can definetely be done for less then$1000 ( well for us that is just the WDW part, not the train tickets) with the free dining.

2nd I did receive the box from the Mom's Panel with the Tinkerbelle pins. It also had a sheet of stickers, a round mouse pad, a mom's handbook, the latest trip planning DVD and a big round magnet. ( will be putting THAT on our door in WDW in Sept and Oct)

My day today has been fairly normal,however, i've been a bit lazy in that there is a basket of laundry here that needs folding and a kitchen floor that needs mopping. I did get the spaghetti sauce started, walked the dog, did the dishwasher, got supper started, spent time with my little guy, thought of ways to get rid of the dog that wouldn't get me arrested (jk) (sorta) Did my 65 minutes of workout. hmmm anything else? oh yeah spent an hour figuring out how to put songs my son gradually decided on,on my son's ipod from itunes.

Well, i'm not really up to par yet with what all is going on with you all, but I'm sure i'll catch up eventually. :hug: hugs :hug:

Hi everyone! The weekend is just around the corner..... :cool1:

Your "not up to par" is outrunning me by a mile! I should be doing all of that...including the hourly workout...and I am not getting into a good routine by any means! :headache:

Now that we have all gotten scattered and I haven't been spending my spare time at VMK, it has lead me back to my previous addiction ~ daytime soap operas! ARG! I can tell you about someone's father having an affair with someone's friend from Europe; I can tell you about someone's son accidentally taking a bullet for him; and someone having to choose between their modeling career and an unexpected pregnancy! :rolleyes:

Oh my gosh, I so much need to get my time better organized!

Have a good weekend, everyone! :sunny:

Susan, you are not alone! I started watching General Hospital in january 2002 and still watch it every day. Of course, I'm usually never home at 3pm, so I have to tape it and watch it at night. Stupid show drives me crazy though these days; making mobsters look like saints and heroes, making women look utterly stupid. I continue to hold to hope they will fix the show, but so far... ain't happening.

I have a bunch of papers left before this grad school experience draws to a close in less than 3 weeks (class-wise anyway). Best be getting back to one of them now. This one will probably end up being about 20 pages. *sigh* :sad2:

Evening all and haapy weak end!! Ok It is Victor having an affair with Serena on Y&R and the only reason I know about it is because of Soap Net. I personally am an ABC Soap fanatic through and through-I have watched AMC and One LIfe to Live since the beginning-Erica and I went through High School together...and General Hospital almost from day 1-I took off work to watch Luke and Laura get married, rmember Luke when he was brought on for a week and know all about Audrey and Steve so that dates me. I fall asaleep every night with soap net on and it stays on all night-it's the only way I can sleep is with noise.....so the Memorial Serivice is tomorrow so you guys figure out all the quest answers and then let me know how many thousands we need on pirates...just the thought of another quest makes my side hurt and my body start shivering just thinking about it. Maybe I can actually get z and I through a quest without some form of bodly injury if that is humanly possible but this is me we are talking about! Z actually has the flu so the decision as to whether or not to bring him tomorrow may be out of my hands but thank you all so much for the words of advice and wisdom-they were so appreciated!. My oldest son (29-astrophysist) is due in around midnight tonight with my 20 month old granddaughter and 3 month old grandson in tow-I haven't seen him since he was born as they live on th eopposite end of the state-10 minutes though from the Mouse!! He siad it woul dbe nice if just once I came down there to see him instead of "We're going to Disneyland but we would like to stop by and see you.." Hey a girl must have her priorities! THat Disney mom thing sounds wonderful but I know not a lot about WDW but if they do it for DLR then I'm their girl! My first trip was the year it opened and have been hundreds of times ever since! DOnald how goes the papers? I amy go back and complete my master's in special ed but not sure if I want to write the papers or not. After listening to you I think maybe I'm just fine without it. Not sure if it's worth the small pay raise I would get but for my own knowledge I would like it. For the past 2 years I have been blessed to have had an austic shicld mainstreamed into my room and next year I have been chosen to have a wonderful child with DOwn's syndrome and a young man with many challenges in life. THey are both just rays of sunshine and make you so appreciatvie of everything in your own life. Ok off to find something appropriate to wear tomorrow-the things we girls need to deal with! Keep me posted on this new nightmare errr quest!

SHine:grouphug: :grouphug:

Hooray! In ToonTown I beat all the tasks for Daisies Garden today. All in 1 day! Except 1 more...........

But I basically finished it.. it's a long story.

I also got my Anvil drop gag! Yay me!! :stir:

mom2cookies...........nice to meet ya!!! I don't think you are on my vmk list.

Susan........... where have you been? My goodness I tried to write to you on vmk today and you just must have been afk the whole time! I did finish both quest which seems anticlimatic after the last big quest. I don't even want to go there with you and Kelly about the Soap opera thing. I had stopped watching them and now. Youn and the restless just can't capture my attention. All my children on occasion, but now Days of our lives is getting me to take a second look! And yes get organized quick! I miss you guys!

Shine........... hello! Yes I belive Victor is having an affair. Do you ever read this site? I guess I don't want to spoil it to much for you, but if you want to have a look :rolleyes1 www.young-restless.com
I don't know why they won't include disneyland in the mom panel thing. I'm planning my second trip now there. Seems like you know quite a bit about Disneyland huh Shine? I might be coming to you for some questions! We missed so very much the first time. The kids had WDW syndrome when we went the first time and honestly were bored out of their minds! They liked a few things but not enough. VMK has really gotten them interested in Disneyland and of course now they close vmk :mad: However they were really young and now are tall enough and old enough to do much much more.

Hi Kelly! or donald!.......... I'm sure you are busy. The end is in sight :cool2:

mikeyandscoobyx2..... Hi! Ok you have to let me know who you are in toontown. My son and daughter both play.
He is 103 laugh or is it laff points! Don't laugh at me. I've tried to get into toontown but I just can't! Toontown is his life. Poor thing. He needs some dis to play with.

Hi all and Happy Happy Weekend! The Memorial Service has come and gone-not quite as short and sweet as it was supposed to be but it is behind us now and now we can go on with the future and helping out my father in law the best we can. It is so devestating on him as they had been married 54 years-it worries us all but we will do what we can for him. How's the homeowrk going Donald? I know my "big 3" are up to their eyeballs and every other body part right now so I think of you. So Fairy when are you going to DLR?? Maybe we can fly down and meet up with you and Zack can be tour guide for your kids. He knows DLR just as well as I do if that's possible! Susan you will be so proud of me as will all of you-I finished the quests with no bodily harm and no hosiptalizations!!!!!Something of a miracle if I do say so myself. I still refuse to believe that it is all going to come to an end and of course May 21st is Open House night at School for me. Not sure mentatlly if I cold be on that night or not-kind of like the whole Memorial Service thing-to go or not to go..welcome to our new chatters! Mom and of course mikeandscooby I recognize your names and Elite we will look for you and put you on or lists. Ok so if we need to have a good bye party on the 21 when and where? I'll offer the Dream room for us unless someone else wants to have a room. I can open it go do open house(hey priorites-room first open house 2nd) and I will be home by 8 my time. Suzee how goes the WDW trip-did you book it yet? Ok just said good bye to a houseful of kids and grandkids(11 here all together in our 2+ bedroom place) crowded hetic wonderful chaotic and done until Memorial Day. I don't think DH or the cat know what hit them! Tak to you all later!
Shine

Hi, all! :wave2: I have lots to catch up on!

Hey, Shine, I made another fairy and left you a message…..from Strawberry Jellysparkle! LOL These fairies are hard to find by name! I went through thousands and thousands of pages of names and Shine is the only one I could find! :surfweb:

I spent most of the day, yesterday, trying to get 2 characters through all the quests. Plus, I was trying to keep my quest room open as long as I could. I saw Jennasn was running through the quests just before VMK closed last night. I think she got everything finished. Now, I have more credits than I have ever had and the game is closing and everything will disappear! :headache:

My envelope button doesn't always flash when someone sends me a message! I am not happy with that. :guilty: I got your "Hi" after you signed off yesterday, Fairy.

mikeyandscoobyx2, I still haven't been over to check out Toon Town, yet, but it sounds like I should. It seems a few VMK people have moved over there. But, it just won't be the same......

big_ol_lineman, you'll have to catch up with us in VMK! We get pretty silly and have lots of fun! ;)

I am glad you got through the quests, too, Shine! I was surprised I actually got through them as I am not that good....most who know me will agree! :blush: We will have to figure something out for that last night....

The WDW trip is a no-go. DH said he would go if the kids would go (he's not that into Disney) and the kids say they don't really want to go (they are like their Dad that way) so I ain't goin' neither. :headache: I threatened to go by myself but no one was too worried that was really going to happen. :confused3 To be fair, it's not just Disney trips. DH is just not a traveler. We have a small herd of cattle and he doesn't like to leave his animals.....he thinks he is the only one that can feed them and take care of them properly. It is hard to get DH to go anywhere....but he usually has a great time if I can get him to go. Which only adds to my frustration over him! :confused: I guess maybe I should start traveling alone. Next year, our youngest will be gone and there will just be non-traveling DH and me. :rolleyes:

I'm going to check and see if any of you guys are on VMK....

Hooray! In ToonTown I beat all the tasks for Daisies Garden today. All in 1 day! Except 1 more...........

But I basically finished it.. it's a long story.

I also got my Anvil drop gag! Yay me!! :stir:

Heh, Daisy Gardens is a walk in the park (pun completely intended). The Brrrgh has the hardest tasks in the game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!