Let's Rediscover the Magic! - New TR 7/26

So... that original framework I had laid out for our week?

Blow it up!

I'm back in trip planning mode, baby!

Yep, that sounds about right for someone on the DISboards! :rotfl: I'm excited to hear about your new plans (and will cross my fingers that your FP+ selections turn out!).

Mermaid School sounds like fun! Now that you've described it, I swear I have read another report that included it. I think your daughter will enjoy it even if she takes a bit of time to warm up! It's always fun to have a new experience at Disney! :goodvibes

Very interested to see how mermaid school is. With three boys it’s not something we’re interpreted in but I still think it sounds fun.

I love this so much, you’re back in it now :rotfl2:

Following along! Sounds like you have a good start to planning, and I hope you're able to get the FPs you want to make it all fit together!

Best laid plans....

It will all work out. As much as you want things to go a certain way, I'm sure the kids will be happy with everything that pans out. Disneybisbgood that way!

Joining in though I will admit right now that I find it hard to get dis-time and so sometimes simply like a post or two without proper time to comment -sorry in advance :lmao:
I read your last report and loved it's title as I am the mum of possibly the world's fussiest eater (now aged 12 though I'm also mum to a 21 year old and a 29 year old plus Granny to a 14 month old). I may have been known to make my kids eat their qs food and then dragged them to a sit-down place we (husband & I) wanted to eat just because I needed something other than fast food. Thankfully things are slowly, very slowly, getting better (as in the smell of foods he doesn't like doesn't make him turn a peculiar shade of green:crazy2:).:rotfl::thumbsup2
We are hoping to return in either 2020 or 2022 and are taking a break this year as, like yourself, a little bit of the magic had dimmed for some family members plus we travel from across the Atlantic and it's gotten so darn expensive :scared1:
Love your plans so far . My daughter and her husband and wee boy hope to travel with us next time and like your LG he is somewhat thran (read strong-willed/stubborn/mind of his own but also very cute and lovable lol) so I'm looking forward to seeing how you guys get on. Also doing a bit of research on how rider-swap works as I didn't realize you could use them on different days.
Hope you manage to get your plans sorted the way you want them. I miss the days (1990s) when you showed up at a park and stopped by guest services or used the interactive screens in Epcot to find out where had availability for dinner and you always had several restaurants to choose from or at least it seemed that way!

It was only a matter of time before the trip planner in you came back out!! :goodvibes

Mermaid school sounds like something fun and different!!

Plans are made to be changed.

Mermaid school sounds fun. I look forward to reading about it. And hearing how many other plans get changed.

Mermaid school sounds awesome!
I just hope she enjoys it and it is worthwhile. Sounds like it could be something that is really awesome for her, but there's just not a lot of information about it yet.

Yep, that sounds about right for someone on the DISboards! :rotfl: I'm excited to hear about your new plans (and will cross my fingers that your FP+ selections turn out!).

Mermaid School sounds like fun! Now that you've described it, I swear I have read another report that included it. I think your daughter will enjoy it even if she takes a bit of time to warm up! It's always fun to have a new experience at Disney! :goodvibes
I'd like to read more about Mermaid School. Information seems to be very limited on it, but I just hope she enjoys it.

Very interested to see how mermaid school is. With three boys it’s not something we’re interpreted in but I still think it sounds fun.
Yeah, it would have zero interest for us if it wasn't for her. But she loves swimming and she loves the Little Mermaid so it is definitely fitting.

I love this so much, you’re back in it now :rotfl2:
Well, mostly.

Following along! Sounds like you have a good start to planning, and I hope you're able to get the FPs you want to make it all fit together!

Best laid plans....

It will all work out. As much as you want things to go a certain way, I'm sure the kids will be happy with everything that pans out. Disneybisbgood that way!
Oh yeah, it will be a good time either way. I'm sure nothing will go according to plan.

Joining in though I will admit right now that I find it hard to get dis-time and so sometimes simply like a post or two without proper time to comment -sorry in advance :lmao:
I read your last report and loved it's title as I am the mum of possibly the world's fussiest eater (now aged 12 though I'm also mum to a 21 year old and a 29 year old plus Granny to a 14 month old). I may have been known to make my kids eat their qs food and then dragged them to a sit-down place we (husband & I) wanted to eat just because I needed something other than fast food. Thankfully things are slowly, very slowly, getting better (as in the smell of foods he doesn't like doesn't make him turn a peculiar shade of green:crazy2:).:rotfl::thumbsup2
I like that idea! We've done that with QS meals, getting them some nuggets and grabbing something for us somewhere else. Never really thought about doing that with a table service meal.

We are hoping to return in either 2020 or 2022 and are taking a break this year as, like yourself, a little bit of the magic had dimmed for some family members plus we travel from across the Atlantic and it's gotten so darn expensive :scared1:
Love your plans so far . My daughter and her husband and wee boy hope to travel with us next time and like your LG he is somewhat thran (read strong-willed/stubborn/mind of his own but also very cute and lovable lol) so I'm looking forward to seeing how you guys get on. Also doing a bit of research on how rider-swap works as I didn't realize you could use them on different days.
Hope you manage to get your plans sorted the way you want them. I miss the days (1990s) when you showed up at a park and stopped by guest services or used the interactive screens in Epcot to find out where had availability for dinner and you always had several restaurants to choose from or at least it seemed that way!
I really need to research the Rider Swap system more. On our last trip, they just handed you a paper fastpass that was good to come back anytime with up to 3 riders and the date listed on the pass for us was anytime through the end of the month. So we could pocket them and use them anytime later. The way I understand it, now they do rider swap through the Magicbands. I need to figure out how this works and whether it is still flexible.

It was only a matter of time before the trip planner in you came back out!! :goodvibes

Mermaid school sounds like something fun and different!!
Well, the full on planner isn't back. There are things I need to research that I've still not done. By this point last trip, all the i's were dotted and t's crossed.

Plans are made to be changed.

Mermaid school sounds fun. I look forward to reading about it. And hearing how many other plans get changed.
I hope we don't have many more changes!

That's perfectly fine. Don't feel like you have to, just trying to collect my thoughts and see what I'm missing. It's already paying dividends.

Good!

Very true... it's a never ending cycle.

Yep. Pretty much. An expensive cycle.

Oh, no doubt. I get that. But it can also be annoying when there's a kid going off in the room and he has a hair trigger and I just don't want to be the reason for somebody's TR update about this kid that wouldn't stop screaming. :rotfl2:

:laughing:

I saw plenty of meltdowns, this past trip. Didn't phase me. I get it.

Definitely. I can't think of a situation where it would make more sense than a room only discount (if available) for a solo traveler.

::yes::

Well, I did some research and we now have a reservation.

Hey! Great!

DD's favorite princess is Ariel

Mine too. :rolleyes1

I guess we'll find out how well she likes it when she gets there, as she tends to be excited about something and then gets shy and clams up in the moment, but she seems thrilled about it, right now!

Fingers crossed!

So... that original framework I had laid out for our week?

Blow it up!

:lmao: Woot!

Hey, I didn't realize you had started a new TR. Guess I need to go back and read so I'm ready to crack wise again.

I can't wait to read your Mermaid School review. I have it booked for my 7 year old in September, but there aren't a lot of reviews out there yet. You may already know this, but they rotate locations throughout the week. So, if you wanted to do it on Friday, you could, but you would have to travel to a different resort. The three resorts are CBR, YC/BC, and AoA. I'm not sure which one has it on Fridays. We are doing a Thursday session at YC/BC.

I hope she like Mermaid school!
Me too... this has been way too much effort for her to not like it.:rotfl2:

Well that's a good start!
::yes::

Of course it was.
They never make it easy on us with their schedules.

Oh Geez, well good luck!
Thanks!

Here, and up to date! Better late than never!
So glad to see you! Looks like you've been busy during my absence. I need to get caught up!

That's a pretty unique and cool birthday gift idea. I hope your DD enjoys it!
I think she will. It checks all the boxes, but she's one of those that can get shy for the most ridiculous reasons so we'll see.

Yep. Pretty much. An expensive cycle.
:rotfl2:

:laughing:

I saw plenty of meltdowns, this past trip. Didn't phase me. I get it.
Well... most reasonable people who have had kids would get it.

Mine too. :rolleyes1
I've noticed...

Hey, I didn't realize you had started a new TR. Guess I need to go back and read so I'm ready to crack wise again.
Not really... just a PTR. And feel free to tell me I'm wrong, it's a bad idea, I'm an idiot... whatever. I'm open to ridicule and suggestions.

Your family is adorable! Excited to follow along.
Thank you and welcome!

I can't wait to read your Mermaid School review. I have it booked for my 7 year old in September, but there aren't a lot of reviews out there yet. You may already know this, but they rotate locations throughout the week. So, if you wanted to do it on Friday, you could, but you would have to travel to a different resort. The three resorts are CBR, YC/BC, and AoA. I'm not sure which one has it on Fridays. We are doing a Thursday session at YC/BC.
I'll try to give at least a brief update here, regardless of whether I do a TR or where I might be. It seems that information is hard to come by on this so I will be sure to share our experience with it. We looked at doing another day at AoA. I honestly don't even remember which day it was that they had available, but it worked in our schedule. I really just decided to re-arrange things and make this work because even though it is a little more work now, it will be easier when we're there. One of us will just have to get DD up and ready and walk out to the pool... no transportation, nothing. Easy morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!