Lets use this thread to track Port Upgrades

I'd like to know about any upgrades on Wonder in Alaska for this season...

Wonder- 4th of July Alaskan cruise. There were a few cabins for 3 people, but we were a group of 4, so I didn't get prices for those. The only larger cabin was the royal suite at $6000. We passed because this cruise was part of a month long vacation & we didn't really need to spend all that money on that. If it had been a bit less it would have been too hard to pass up

Just came back from the 12 night med cruise on the magic. No upgrades at the port. We got there so early, about 9:30. I don't understand how they sold out when a few weeks before they had about 20 cabins.

Just came back from the 12 night med cruise on the magic. No upgrades at the port. We got there so early, about 9:30. I don't understand how they sold out when a few weeks before they had about 20 cabins.
From what I've read, they use special discounts for CMs ("cast members"- Disney employees), Florida residents, military, and travel agents to try to fill as many rooms as possible during those last few weeks.

this is probably a dumb question, but if there are no 1BR available before sailing, there is no chance for upgrade right? or do they hold any back for any reason?
If a higher category than 1-bedroom is available, and a 1-bedroom family upgrades to that, then a 1-bedroom would become available.

From what I've read, they use special discounts for CMs ("cast members"- Disney employees), Florida residents, military, and travel agents to try to fill as many rooms as possible during those last few weeks.

Also there are some people who do make last minute decisions to travel and who book cabins. Not just people with discounts.

And in the great scheme of things, 20 cabins is NOT a lot to fill in "a few weeks".

Just came back from Fantasy Aug6. Arrived at 10:45. Sad little sign reading no upgrades available :(

I was on the Dream 8/12 cruise.

I could have upgraded from a 4E to the ROYAL SUITE for $2900.

Sadly, I couldn't justify it.

I feel you on coming up with $3K on the fly, ouch... but man is that an incredible price for the royal suite, tough call, very interesting though, thanks for sharing

I would have jumped all over that! I'm looking at a 3 night early next year and it's about $1700 to go from a 4A to a Category V and over $10K to get the Category R.

Last edited:

I'm sure I can look it up, but how long was the cruse? Are we talking $1,000 per night for the upgrade, or $300ish? Not that it matters, I guess...!

I'm sure I can look it up, but how long was the cruse? Are we talking $1,000 per night for the upgrade, or $300ish? Not that it matters, I guess...!

Since its the Dream it would have been either a 3 or 4 night - best case $725 extra a night

1. What catagory did you pay for? 8C
#2. Which Ship? Disney Fantasy
#3. Number of Nights? 7
#4. Month/Year of Sailing Aug 2016
#5. What was your Port of Arrival time assignment? 10:30am
#6. What time did you check-in? 10:00am
#7. What catagory were you offered for upgrade? 4D
#8. How much was the upgrade? $700

Not really a deal, I recalled the original quote was about the same on the opening day. However, I found out the original OV cabin was very close to the laudromat and could be quite noisy while anchoring. Decided to upgrade if possible. Very happy with the new cabin, 8086. Very quiet and easy access to all.

#1. What category did you pay for? 4E
#2. Which Ship? Disney Dream
#3. Number of Nights? 3
#4. Month/Year of Sailing Aug 12, 2016
#5. What was your Port of Arrival time assignment? 10:30 am
#6. What time did you check-in? 10:30 am
#7. What category were you offered for upgrade? T one-bedroom suite
#8. How much was the upgrade? $1,305

We were celebrating both DH and DS birthdays so we went for it. I did warn DH that once you go concierge and stay in a 1 bedroom, we'll be spoiled for life. I was happy with our original cabin, 5650 with the oversized verandah but our new suite, 12020 was awesome so we have zero regrets.

#1. What catagory did you pay for? 4C
#2. Which Ship? Dream
#3. Number of Nights? 4
#4. Month/Year of Sailing 9/16
#5. What was your Port of Arrival time assignment? 10:45am
#6. What time did you check-in? 11:00 am
#7. What catagory were you offered for upgrade? was offered two upgrades to 4A Deck 10 and T one bedroom
#8. How much was the upgrade? 4A was $80 T was $1500

I passed on both seemed silly to pay $80 to move from deck 7 to 10 plus I was in a FE group and it wasn't worth the hassle. I wanted to pull the trigger on the T but the wife vetoed that.

#1. What catagory did you pay for? 4C
#2. Which Ship? Dream
#3. Number of Nights? 4
#4. Month/Year of Sailing 9/16
#5. What was your Port of Arrival time assignment? 10:45am
#6. What time did you check-in? 11:00 am
#7. What catagory were you offered for upgrade? was offered two upgrades to 4A Deck 10 and T one bedroom
#8. How much was the upgrade? 4A was $80 T was $1500

I passed on both seemed silly to pay $80 to move from deck 7 to 10 plus I was in a FE group and it wasn't worth the hassle. I wanted to pull the trigger on the T but the wife vetoed that.

$375/night is a great deal for the Cat T. I would have had very tough time saying no to that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter