Letter!

CoolestMickeyFan

Earning my ears!
So I stumbled across this letter on the internet that someone sent to Disney about the 'VMK Recreation Sites' Here was Disney's response

wdig2a.jpg

just saying the other games will never be as good as vmk!
And i for one think the other games are so so bad
as in graphics and such

WE WANT VMK!! WE WANT VMK!!

:mad:

I second that!

And those games aren't very good... very boring after awhile. I just want the kingdom back, and my friends. I really need it now, I even had another vmk dream last night, yay! Unfortunately it was only a dream, and its not reopening atm. I'll always have hope for it though, no matter how crazy I sound to some people.

All the other Disney games are so boring. Don't they get that? lol ;)

Apparently no -_- I was just thinking about the economy and how much Disney is losing... too bad we cant blame it as a huge Disney strike lol. I bet they would bring it back then, huh?

I doubt they read this stuff, but what the heck.

Dear George:

Next month, we were all set to take a Disney cruise to the Eastern Caribbean onboard the Disney Magic, sailing June 20 out of Port Canaveral. We booked a suite for our five family members, at a price of more than $10,000. I cancelled it earlier this year. When the lady asked why we were cancelling, I lied. I didn't want to jump on her or go on about something she probably had never even heard of, so I told a little white lie and said times were hard and we couldn't afford to take that trip this summer.

It was a lie. Actually, I can afford it.

However, instead of taking the cruise on the Disney Magic, I am taking the family to Alaska, where we are sharing two adjoining balcony cabins on a week-long cruise of the Inside Passage on Royal Caribbean. The real reason we cancelled was the same reason we put off our last Disney cruise and did a Carnival cruise out of San Diego, and the time before that, when we sailed Carnival out of Puerto Rico instead - because Disney closed VMK.

You see, when we booked these cruises, the kids were 100% Disney fanatics. If we were taking a trip, they wanted to go to a Disneyland park. So weeks in Orlando and Paris and weekends in Anaheim were in most of our vacation plans. And of course, if we were to take a cruise, the kids wanted a Disney cruise. But closing VMK changed all that. After VMK closed, the kids wanted little to do with Disney. They had spent so much time, not just playing, but investing time in their characters' accounts and their friendships, and in May 2008, all that time became worthless. Worse, all those friends disappeared forever. They felt, understandably, jilted.

We cancelled two other Disney cruises, but still reserved this one for the summer of 2009, thinking perhaps that the kids would be over it and would want to go on a Disney cruise again. Guess what? They don't. They are no longer upset, per se, about VMK being gone, but Disney is now something they can take or leave. And all things considered, they thought that a return to Alaska sounded more fun than a Disney cruise.

It's hard to say exactly how much money we didn't spend or won't spend on Disney in 2008 and 2009, but just the 3 cruises alone would have been about $20,000, not counting excursions, photos and drinks. Add annual passes, food in the parks, a hotel stay in Orlando, all the pins we stopped buying, the movies we are watching on DVD instead of in the theaters (to earn Disney Movie Rewards for VMK prizes) and it adds up to a fat pile of cash. I know that fat piles of cash are what it's all about now, so I thought perhaps you might be interested in knowing.

Regards,
Steamboatpete

P.S. I know you still have six weeks to try to fill it, but I see that our Deluxe Family Stateroom w/ Verandah is still available for the June 20 sailing.

steamboatpete,

I hope you send your letter to Disney (if you haven't already done so). It may not make any difference, but Disney needs to hear your feedback.

unforatunatley I do not think disney really cares :( how many kids they hurt, how many families still have a bad feeling about disney.

I know that I am no longer going off to our disney store in Barrie. I would rather put my money towards a few other non-disney games. I have kept my word that I am not playing another disney game. I have stopped buying DVD and other disney related stuff.

I still enjoy the parks but the magic is just not there. After my last visit and all the hassles I had with Accomodations my enthusiam of going to disney is lost. Though I will go back not as much a I did before. My son ( his first trip to WDW) also stated guess they put all the money into the parks and not the resorts.

And I must say the other games I pay get right back to me with in 24 hours and try to be as helpful as they can.

Not like the Dick and Jane book responses we used to get. :)

Major problem bout Disney is (my opinion), that they can´t admit mistakes.

This is an often found characateristic in the management of many companies.

Because of this fact they will never reinstall VMK cause it would simply mean somebody made a mistake, and of course people in the upper Disney Management never make em ;)

You would think that if Disney could see how much money they could be making by adding vmk to their pay to play games they would be getting alot but like i was saying all Disney cares about right now is making money not paying attention to the kids and families who's dream they have crushed. Disney is no longer Disney to me anymore. I stopped watching their channel and buying their stuff. I don't even go to the parks much. I stopped caring about disney when they started showing they only care about the $$$$.:mad:

Nice Letter Pete. Make sure you send it to Roy Disney and/or some of the Board Members too.

Hope you hear something back.

It is a very good letter. Our enthusiasm for Disney went out the window when VMK closed down. No more annual passes, quit Toontown and Pirates, refused Pixie Hollow, don't collect the movie rewards anymore and the list goes on.

Hahaha... that thing is still floating around? The letter is totally fake.. i made it to mess with the kids over at vmk unleashed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter