Liberty Tree Sally Lunn Rolls

hegs65

DIS Veteran
If anyone is interested, here is the recipe for Sally Lunn rolls. They serve these delicious rolls at the Liberty Tree Tavern. Back in February I called the chef at the Liberty Tree Tavern, and he was kind enough to mail me the recipe! Here it is, ENJOY!

1 cup milk
1/2 cup veg. shortening
1/4 cup water
4 cups sifted all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp. salt
2 pkgs. active yeast
3 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1)Butter 2 each 9 1/4 by 5 1/4 by 2 3/4 in loaf pan
2)Heat milk, shortening, and water until very warm; about 120 degrees. The shortening doesnt need to melt.
3)Combine 1 1/3 cups of flour and the sugar, salt and yeast in a large mixing bowl.
4)Add the warm liquids to the flour mixture. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes.
5)Gradually add 2/3 cups of flour and the eggs. Beat at high speed for 2 minutes.
6)Add 2 cups of flour. Mix well. The batter will be thick but not stiff.
7)Cover the dough and let rise in a warm, draft free place (85 degrees) until it doubles in bulk, about 1 1/4 hours.
8)Punch the dough down and divide it between the prepared pans.
9)Cover and let rise in a warm, draft free place until it has increased in bulk from 1/3 to 1/2.
10) Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
11) Remove from oven and cool on racks.

One question--do you make these into rolls-if so what size and shape? Or is it baked in the loaf pans like bread? We loved the rolls at the Liberty Tree Tavern-does anyone have a recipe for the salad?

I specifically asked the chef for the roll recipe but for some reason he gave me the recipe for 2 loaves of bread. I plan to try and make this recipe into rolls though. They were soooo delicious! Oh, and I forgot to mention earlier, for an extra special touch, serve them with apple butter or honey butter. YUM!!!

I was thinking about the bread and butter that they serve at the Liberty Tree Tavern the other day. Then I looked around and found this recipe. Cool!

I now will definately be making a PS for LTT. My DH and I ate at Sally Lunns in Bath England and those rolls are delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter