Lifetime Parkhopper Pass

Just WDW? All Northern America? Worldwide?

Living so close to DL ... It would kill me to layout a large block for "only WDW" 8-)

Possibly.
Would depend on the age I was at the time.

Possibly.
Would depend on the age I was at the time.
That and how much longer I would be alive. Given all the data Disney collects on our habits, I'm sure they could give a pretty accurate estimate.

Disney: So based on our detailed metrics, your wife will be... $29,000. Your son will be $48,000
Me: Man, that sucks.
Disney: You think that sucks, lifetime pass for you will only be... $800.00.
Me: 😳

That and how much longer I would be alive. Given all the data Disney collects on our habits, I'm sure they could give a pretty accurate estimate.
No kidding ... scary ... but we keep giving into it ...

Disney: So based on our detailed metrics, your wife will be... $29,000. Your son will be $48,000
Me: Man, that sucks.
Disney: You think that sucks, lifetime pass for you will only be... $800.00.
Me: 😳

On the bright side...

Hi Prudential? I'd buy some life insurance. No, no history of medical issues...

I personally wouldn't pay more than $5K for this, but I doubt a perk like that would be offered at such a low price. The way increases are going, a Platinum AP may hit $5K in the next 10 years...

• Haha
Reactions: cm8
If WDW offered a lifetime AP for $10k I'd be dropping 30k for my family (Me 40, DW 39, DD 14) and would be happy doing so. Even my wife, who hates to spend money, didn't hesitate to say yes to that. I'm not sure what our limit would be though. This is one of those things that people would laugh at today but 20 years from now talk about how amazing of a deal it would have been if they bought when offered.

I personally wouldn't pay more than $5K for this, but I doubt a perk like that would be offered at such a low price. The way increases are going, a Platinum AP may hit $5K in the next 10 years...

According to Disney, 8% is the average annual increase in ticket prices. Using that, the Platinum AP will hit $5k in 2039. More importantly, you'd breakeven in 2023 based on an annual spend.

If WDW offered a lifetime AP for $10k I'd be dropping 30k for my family (Me 40, DW 39, DD 14) and would be happy doing so. Even my wife, who hates to spend money, didn't hesitate to say yes to that. I'm not sure what our limit would be though. This is one of those things that people would laugh at today but 20 years from now talk about how amazing of a deal it would have been if they bought when offered.

I agree, a $10k breakeven would be near 2026. But that's a large chunk at once. This is a great hypothetical, but the amount of money they'd have to charge would be extremely prohibitive.

Does anyone know if Disney ever did this?

I think maybe they did a long time ago, but just didn’t advertise it?

Does anyone know if Disney ever did this?

I think maybe they did a long time ago, but just didn’t advertise it?
Not quite, but they did have parkhoppers that never expired. I actually used one of mine from the 80s when I went down a couple years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter