Lightning Mcqueen's Racing Academy

I thought Luigi's was cute. Definitely better than any of the dinky stuff in A Bug's Land.

I hope they do replace Beauty and the Beast, it is ok, but really it is time for something new.

As for why RnR has Aerosmith, there is a YouTube video about how that came to be. In summary they we're not only not Disney's first choice, but I believe they were fourth or fifth and they only came to them because everyone else was either too expensive or refused, so Aerosmith was working on something else with Disney at the time and Disney approached them and they were more than enthusiastic to do it. Incidentally, the ride was already fully constructed before they even had a band signed on.

All of that being said, I like the idea that someone proposed of retheming it to the Muppets, it really is an underutilized IP and with the rumors of a new Muppet show coming to Disney+, it would be a great time to invest in more Muppets in the parks.
I am just surprised they haven't rethemed RnR coaster yet. There isn't really a lot of specific Aerosmith theming to the ride besides the music and the pre-show.

I mean they LITERALLY could plug in any band .. do a new "music studio" scene, change the soundtrack .. but the plot of the ride stays the same.

I am just surprised they haven't rethemed RnR coaster yet. There isn't really a lot of specific Aerosmith theming to the ride besides the music and the pre-show.

I mean they LITERALLY could plug in any band .. do a new "music studio" scene, change the soundtrack .. but the plot of the ride stays the same.

Cars would be such an easy transition too.

a new video
rethemed limo
radiator springs setting

Just stand at the exit for 20 minutes or so and count the number of people saying they liked it is they thought it was terrible.

I am not exaggerating at all here, it is really bad, flying tires was at least enjoyable to some people, but yes maintenance was an issue, how could it not be?

Oh please. Plenty of people love Luigis. It's a fun ride to watch, the music is catchy, it's unique, and it IS fun to ride due to the unpredictable nature (it's different every time depending on which car you choose and its starting position on the platform). My kids love it (they are teenagers), my MIL loved it , my toddler niece and nephew loved it (gentle enough for little ones and elderly people), and I haven't once heard people come off it loudly complaining about how awful it is. It consistently has a line and people are disappointed when it's down.

You can hate it all you want, but it is definitely not a universally panned ride.

Oh please. Plenty of people love Luigis. It's a fun ride to watch, the music is catchy, it's unique, and it IS fun to ride due to the unpredictable nature (it's different every time depending on which car you choose and its starting position on the platform). My kids love it (they are teenagers), my MIL loved it , my toddler niece and nephew loved it (gentle enough for little ones and elderly people), and I haven't once heard people come off it loudly complaining about how awful it is. It consistently has a line and people are disappointed when it's down.

You can hate it all you want, but it is definitely not a universally panned ride.
the change from Flying Tires to Luigi's was a great idea, and and anyone that says otherwise did not spend much time in line for Flying Tires. Capacity was terrible, and doubly so if there was a line for SAP. SAP took FOREVER - ride stops, everyone waits, tire is moved to SAP boarding area, SAP guest and the rest of their party boards (which was usually 2-3 tires, not just the one for SAP guest), SAP tire is moved back onto dance floor, regular line loads tires at a now reduced capacity, ride starts. This whole process could be, no kidding, 5-10 minutes, PER LOAD CYCLE. It was so bad we made a point of checking both the posted wait time and the length of the SAP line before we got in line. The mere fact that Luigis doesn't have this long process is a huge improvement. I honestly hope that Disney has now learned their lesson - they've tried it twice, Flying Tires or Flying Saucers just aren't a very good idea.

the change from Flying Tires to Luigi's was a great idea, and and anyone that says otherwise did not spend much time in line for Flying Tires. Capacity was terrible, and doubly so if there was a line for SAP. SAP took FOREVER - ride stops, everyone waits, tire is moved to SAP boarding area, SAP guest and the rest of their party boards (which was usually 2-3 tires, not just the one for SAP guest), SAP tire is moved back onto dance floor, regular line loads tires at a now reduced capacity, ride starts. This whole process could be, no kidding, 5-10 minutes, PER LOAD CYCLE. It was so bad we made a point of checking both the posted wait time and the length of the SAP line before we got in line. The mere fact that Luigis doesn't have this long process is a huge improvement. I honestly hope that Disney has now learned their lesson - they've tried it twice, Flying Tires or Flying Saucers just aren't a very good idea.

ITA. The flying tires, in addition, was SUPER boring and required too much rider input. LRR is a far better ride experience overall.

Disney cars family right here. Hollywood studios is missing out on Carsland. Hopefully there is an expansion off of the new McQueen ride.

Yeah, I agree. Hollywood definitely needs something over in this part of the park. Even if it is a lesser version of DCA's.

Ugh, I hope they never do Luigi's, it is a truly terrible ride. It is a prime example of why Disney has historically not used technology for technology's sake, but rather to further the story. Luigi's is simply there to showcase the trackless ride tech, which while impressive is really boring to ride.

Wow! We LOVED Luigi’s! We - including my three tween/teen boys - rode it multiple times last year. I love the music, and I think it is so fun to watch, too. Who knew there would be haters?!

There will always be people who love something and people to put it mildly …. that feel the opposite. I haven't been to Cars Land, but it looks amazing. It could really help even out the park in Florida.

Plus as a bonus we'd finally have a full circle pathway.

I would say LRR is an improvement to Flying Tires, but I wouldn't say it's great. I think the concept is cool, but it could just use a bit more theming somehow to make it stand out a bit more. Otherwise, it's not bad or anything.

Racing Academy is a 10 minute long show.
Where are you getting this info? I am also really surprised that we don't have any real detailed information about this and is just over a week from opening. You would think someone would have had a chance to view the show by now.

Where are you getting this info? I am also really surprised that we don't have any real detailed information about this and is just over a week from opening. You would think someone would have had a chance to view the show by now.
In the upcoming weeks times guide.

Its a 10 minute family show with a Lightning McQueen AA figure. There is a massive screen wrapped around him. Outside Cruz Ramirez and DJ will be available for photos and a dance party.

In the upcoming weeks times guide.

Its a 10 minute family show with a Lightning McQueen AA figure. There is a massive screen wrapped around him. Outside Cruz Ramirez and DJ will be available for photos and a dance party.
Is it continuous shows or set times?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts