Lilo & Stitch @ the Tiki Room??

Sarangel

<font color=red><font color=navy>Rumor has it ...<
Here's a lovely rumor courtesy of The Fabulous Disney Babe @ Laughing Place:
I'd heard, even before I heard about the Haunted Mansion Holiday layover, that Lilo and Stitch might find a new home in the Enchanted Tiki Room. The person who told me also asked me to keep it secret, which I did, as I didn't want to endanger anyone's job. Now that the cat is out of the bag by source says to run with it.

Lilo and Stitch, as most of you know, is the upcoming Disney animated feature, set in Hawaii, my old stomping grounds. Stitch is a scientific alien experiment gone criminal who escapes just before his execution and hides out with Lilo, a cute little Hawaiian girl animated by Master Animator Andreas Deja, who worked on Jafar, among many other Disney characters. Lilo, who loves Elvis Presley's music, mistakes Stitch for a dog and keeps him as a pet.

It will be a permanent layover of the Tiki Room, with the characters singing Elvis tunes from the film. While I'm sorry that we won't be seeing the truly magnificent Uh Oa, Polynesian Goddess of Disaster, I'm hoping that the Lilo and Stitch figures will be just as well-done as the Jack Skellington that Steven Davison, who is in charge of the project, oversaw for Haunted Mansion Holiday. With a slew of hits in his resume, Davison is fast-becoming the creative star of the company, on the West coast at least.

I think I'm gonna be sick. Here I thought that the original Tikiroom would be safe in Anaheim thus I could enjoy the new one in florida, now this classic will be gone.
UGH!

We're talking Disneyland, right? I didn't know that Uh Oa was in Disneyland's version. I wonder if this might trickle down to WDW.

This is, to me, both unusual and perfect for the Tiki Room. First, it's perfect because it's Polynesian and fits the theming well. However I'm not quite sure about the Elvis music. Can you imagine Jose singing "Hound Dog" or Fritz belting out "Heartbreak Hotel" (which have both been said to have been included in the film)? Time will tell if this is a good idea.

We're talking Disneyland, right? I didn't know that Uh Oa was in Disneyland's version. I wonder if this might trickle down to WDW.
What I think she is saying is that she is disappointed that Disneyland is not getting Uh Oa. She is not in the Disneyland version. I doubt Disney will put out the money to have Florida's Tiki Room redone anytime soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter