Limited Edition Disney Princess Ornament Set

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but this whole thing seems fishy to me. How do you sell out of a limited edition series and then put it back up for sale later? Furthermore, how do you cancel someones order when they clearly weren't truly sold out? Was the lower price a limited time sale or is disney just trying to squeeze $20 out of people?

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but this whole thing seems fishy to me. How do you sell out of a limited edition series and then put it back up for sale later? Furthermore, how do you cancel someones order when they clearly weren't truly sold out? Was the lower price a limited time sale or is disney just trying to squeeze $20 out of people?

I agree it seems wicked weird that they did this. :confused3 its not like its a 5 dollar increase its a lot more expensive. I thought they said they learned from the Designer dolls....maybe they learned they could get more money like you said :laughing:

I have a feeling they just put it up for the wrong price to begin with. Based on the prices of all of their other ornaments and other sets from the previous years, $79 is more what I would expect to see, than $59. Then once they realized their mistake, they pulled them, honored the orders of the first 100 or whatever number of people who ordered them and then cancelled the rest.

I really don't think that they pulled them just to raise the price to something higher than was intended, just because they could. Although, I could be very wrong....

I'd understand if they'd just put it up wrong, filled those orders, and then took them off the website to put up the true price. However, the fact that they cancelled orders at the lower price when it was clearly not sold out and then expect those people to buy the ornaments at the higher price is what gets me. Unless they said that the first 100 orders had a special discounted price I don't see how that is right. It would never fly in a stone and mortar store where if you mislabel the price you have to honor what is says. Just seems dishonest.

I'd understand if they'd just put it up wrong, filled those orders, and then took them off the website to put up the true price. However, the fact that they cancelled orders at the lower price when it was clearly not sold out and then expect those people to buy the ornaments at the higher price is what gets me. Unless they said that the first 100 orders had a special discounted price I don't see how that is right. It would never fly in a stone and mortar store where if you mislabel the price you have to honor what is says. Just seems dishonest.

But it happens ALL THE TIME on internet sales. They incorrectly input the price and refuse to honor the incorrect price, and it's within their right on internet sales. It's not just a disney thing, it's an internet thing. So, I guess the flip side is, at least they honored some of the sales at that price, instead of cancelling them all and calling it a pricing error. But I do agree they should have honored all of the orders they sold at that price. Disney is large enough and has enough money that they will survive by taking the hit in their profit margin on these ornaments.

I got my set today and was so excited to open it. I was LET DOWN. I mean, I love the ornaments, but, the box was so damaged. The back where they had the price, which was obvious that they marked it at the wrong price, was partially ripped off. No, not ripped off, but it appears someone took a box knife and sliced it and ripped part of the box the set came in off. That was the first offense. The next was on the side where you actually pull the set out of the box it came in. Some intelligent person must have tried to pull it out with the tape still secured on the side and the ribbon ripped up the side of the box. They had the audacity to glue it back on. It just looks like a train wreck. I was so freaking excited to get it, but now I regret even buying it because I'm so disappointed. I want my munnies back!

I got my set today and was so excited to open it. I was LET DOWN. I mean, I love the ornaments, but, the box was so damaged. The back where they had the price, which was obvious that they marked it at the wrong price, was partially ripped off. No, not ripped off, but it appears someone took a box knife and sliced it and ripped part of the box the set came in off. That was the first offense. The next was on the side where you actually pull the set out of the box it came in. Some intelligent person must have tried to pull it out with the tape still secured on the side and the ribbon ripped up the side of the box. They had the audacity to glue it back on. It just looks like a train wreck. I was so freaking excited to get it, but now I regret even buying it because I'm so disappointed. I want my munnies back!

I'm sorry to hear this :( Mine should be here in the next couple of days, and if it's damaged I'm going to be so ticked off. I don't understand why they can't get it together when it comes to not damaging and properly packing their collectible items.

That doesn't sound good... My order shipped today. Hopefully it'll come in okay condition.
Honestly, they need to teach their employees better and have better quality assurance. :sad2:

For those who bought these earlier, do they look really cute in person? I bought a set this morning, although I'm still on the fence about them. I don't know why, but Belle and Snow White's faces sort of creep me out. But, on the other hand, I didn't want to not order them, have them sell out and then find out later that they really were cute and have to go to ebay and pay a lot more for them....

I saw them in stores and I can't say I like any of them. They truly just look like any other princess ornaments out there. It is not unusual for them to have a LE ornament set it happens every year so if you are not sure about it wait and get something you really like.

Here's the box. It makes me so sad!

get-attachmentaspx.jpg

And yes, it came like this. So naturally I was really upset!:sad2:

Ugh... Mine came today and I'm so disappointed. They were thrown in a box, at least 2-3 times the size of the ornament box, with nothing else. No packing peanuts, no air cushion things, nothing. My snow white ornament has no arms and my ariel has flounder broken off. The box is completely dented and scratched up. These are going straight back and will not be replaced. I'm so sick of having my collectibles ruined because of their poor packaging job.

And honestly, even if these hadn't been ruined, they would be going back. The set I rec'd is junky. Rapunzel has blue paint on her neck, Jasmine looks like she has dirt (but really it's streaky paint) all up and down her arms, and the ariel has purple paint that stained under the shell bra and it looks like they just tried to paint a nude color over it. I understand they're hand painted so there may be small variations but they still should be a quality product, not look like a 5 year old painted them.

And yes, I defended Disney saying I doubted they would just raise the price of the set, just because they could; that it was probably a pricing error. I completely change my position and freely admit I was wrong. I apologize to anyone I questioned in regard to that claim. The price tag has been clearly cut off and removed from the packaging, indicating that they did indeed raise the prices.

After reading all the bad experiences, I was worried that mine would come in terrible condition. It was on my mind all day at work because I knew that it would be arriving today.

And it was a relief to find that my set was in near perfect condition. Just had to tuck in some of the fabric that was sticking out of the box.

They did a great job packing it. The set is a lot bigger than I thought it was. My shipping box was a square package and to get it fit in, it was tilted in the box. They wrapped it in a protective plastic bag and there were packing air pockets on top and underneath the set. Underneath them all was the winnie the pooh sippy cup I ordered with it.

I opened the set to look at each ornament to make sure they're in one piece. They look nice. Just questionable painting on Mulan and Snow White. Their faces look odd. Snow White is extremely creepy. Also like others have remarked, the price was cut off the back.

Pic of Ornament Set

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter