Linking Ticket to Magic Bands

BoVance

Finding Mickey
Good morning,
I'm in the process of planning a Disney vacation with my family. We will have 3 rooms and I'm booking them with my points at Bay Lake Towers. Everyone will have annual passes except one person. I understand that if you are staying in a DVC Resort you will receive a magic band per person. I was comparing prices at Disney tickets Vs. Under Cover Tourist. A 7-day ticket was $120 cheaper with undercover tourist. My question is, Can you still link the tickets from undercover tourist to the magic bands? And if so, do I link through my disney experience? As alway thanks for taking time with my beginner questions.

Good morning,
I'm in the process of planning a Disney vacation with my family. We will have 3 rooms and I'm booking them with my points at Bay Lake Towers. Everyone will have annual passes except one person. I understand that if you are staying in a DVC Resort you will receive a magic band per person. I was comparing prices at Disney tickets Vs. Under Cover Tourist. A 7-day ticket was $120 cheaper with undercover tourist. My question is, Can you still link the tickets from undercover tourist to the magic bands? And if so, do I link through my disney experience? As alway thanks for taking time with my beginner questions.
The simple way to think about this is that linking is done by linking everything to My Disney Experience. So tickets and magic bands are linked to MDE. So when you buy a ticket, regardless of where, you link it to MDE then the magic band has access to all tickets linked to that particular person’s MDE. So yes if you by from UT you can link it, I have done this.

Yes, it is simple. I just linked military tickets for my friends I'm traveling with, one of whom is a retired colonel.

I used my desktop rather than the phone app, went to My Disney Experience and logged in. You then have to look for the type of ticket code you have by scrolling through the examples. Once the sample looks like your code, enter the code and then select the person from your friends list that you want the ticket linked with.

You use the ticket number to link the ticket to MDE.
If the magic band is not already linked in MDE (I assume it will be since its an onsite stay and you are just using the complimentary magic band vs buying a new one) then you're all set.
If the magic band is not already linked then you use the code on the magic band to link it to MDE.
You're done.

As has already been mentioned, but it bears repeating: NOTHING is linked to your Magic Band. EVERYTHING is linked to your MDE account. Magic Bands are merely keys with which you access your MDE account. You can have multiple MBs, all of which are active and interchangeable.

Steve

I bought MVMCP tickets sent email. But, when I looked at my MDE one ticket isn't linked to my daughters band. The only thing I think is that I invited her to join in planning so maybe I am unable to link it because she has control over her band?

I bought MVMCP tickets sent email. But, when I looked at my MDE one ticket isn't linked to my daughters band. The only thing I think is that I invited her to join in planning so maybe I am unable to link it because she has control over her band?
I figured it out. I needed to share All plans with the rest of my party and viola! All tickets were linked to each magic band. Whew!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!