Linking tix to MDE

RanDIZ

DIS Veteran AKV/CCV
I have a Dec split stay at AOA and Poly(rented from David’s). I bought 5-day tickets back in Jan dated for use Dec 6-13, but I never linked them to MDE. Does it matter if they’re linked or not since trip is still months away? Will there be any effect on new reservations system? Also, how does this effect a split stay? Thanks in advance.

I'm in the same situation. I have tickets from UT for our Nov DVC trip that I bought back in Feb, but for some reason never linked them. I'm completely torn on whether or not I should go ahead an do that now.
I can see my family postponing our trip until after the face masks requirement is lifted.

I just don’t know if it really makes a difference. I have resorts booked and my tix are dated for use during Dec 6-13. So I would think when Disney is deciding capacity levels for new reservation system, they’d take into account how many tix were already sold and during which times. So maybe linking to MDE is irrelevant. Just my thoughts.

Maybe it is irrelevant. My thought was if they have to draw a line in the sand of who gets first shot at a park reservation and who gets second shot, a resort reservation with linked tickets may have an ever so slightly higher priority.

I could totally be wrong.

For what it is worth, I was told to link them since the first wave of reservations in the new system are supposed to be AP and resort guest with valid tickets... Not sure if true or not but that was what a cast member told me.

DD has tickets for our family trip in December. I asked her whether they had been extended or not. She replied that she hadn’t linked them already so did right then, and they had indeed been extended to 9/26/2021.

I too think that having resort + linked tickets will have an advantage in booking park reservations. I hope Disney will give our DS a chance to buy tickets for his family too before we book park reservations, since they’re on the same resort reservation with us. Actually, I hope that by December we won’t have to worry about park reservations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!