Linking to MDE

Pooh's-Honey-Pot

DVC owner since 2020 - VGF, BLT and SSR
Can anyone remember how long it takes for a anew booking to link to MDE? Its been 6 days now and mine isn't there.... it links automatically doesn't it? i don't have to physically do anything?

Yours, impatiently!

In the past mine has not automatically shown up. Last year, the reservation number on my confirmation email wasn't actually the number I needed for linking to MDE. Tried contacting them online and had to call in the end. The number they gave me was completely different and did not appear in any emails or documents from Disney. Have booked for next year but have not yet tried linking to MDE. If it doesn't work, we may just have to call the phone number.

Thank you! I emailed them today to see if there is a different reference number that I need, but I’ve just realised it’s probably because the trip is well over a year out! Oops!

That shouldn't make a difference as I booked our trip this time last year and it isn't until September this year! I'm having the same issue as I did last year with it not accepting the number so going to phone this morning. Will let you know if it's sorted

Thats very kind thank you! I did try call yesterday but the wait was in "excess of 25 minutes" and I thought that would be taking the mick as I was at work!!!

i think mine took a long time to show up last year, but i don't remember exactly when it finally did...
however, when it finally appeared it did so on its own...that is, i didn't have to do anything to get it to appear...
just that it was a few months before it finally did......

They’ve come back to me to say it’s because my visit is more than 499 days out! That sounds a long way away

We booked for November 2019 a couple of weeks ago & our booking has not shown up yet either.
I seem to remember it taking a while to show up in MDE for our last trip & the post above from Pooh's-Honey-Pot confirms that has to be at least 499 days to go before it will appear.

The small print on my booking says that it can take 30 days to link the booking to MDE. So it might be that it’s not how far away your holiday is, maybe it’s just about waiting for a while for your booking to be processed?

Obvs still checking every half an hour though.

We have booked for September 2019 (487 days to go) and also don't have a MDE-link, last time it took about ten days (but then we booked about 190 days before our arrival date).

We booked on 21st April for October 2019 and still can't link. I originally called up around the 23rd April to change our hotel from AKL to Beach Club and the lady on the phone told me it would be available to link on 9th June. Since it still wasn't working I called up yesterday and was told by different CM that linking won't be available until around October this year and that it is much too early..

We booked on 21st April for October 2019 and still can't link. I originally called up around the 23rd April to change our hotel from AKL to Beach Club and the lady on the phone told me it would be available to link on 9th June. Since it still wasn't working I called up yesterday and was told by different CM that linking won't be available until around October this year and that it is much too early..
Strange, we've booked in April for September 2019 and our link has worked for more than a month.

Strange, we've booked in April for September 2019 and our link has worked for more than a month.
Hm.. I've never used MDE before so just to check - how many digits is the confirmation number that you used? The one I have on my invoice has a / in it which if I use on MDE as part of the number makes it say that the number is invalid.. without the / it simply says the reservation isn't found.

Mine is even weirder now... my booking finally linked on the website, but I cannot see it on the app! As we still have a trip to come this year, is it only possible to see one booking at a time on the app does anyone know?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!