Lions and Tigers and CGI Bears, Oh My! June '16 - COMPLETED 6/4, page 22

Oh my gosh, you're back! I'm glad we'll find out how this trip wrapped up!

Narcoosee's ---- love the food and the view. We haven't been there in many years and I'd love to eat there this year but we can't fit it into the itinerary. Don't feel too bad for me. ;)

Great to see your post! Thanks for taking the time to finish your story as I really enjoy your posts.

Hi, guys! Remember me?
Welcome back!

IF you remember from when I wrote my last update to this TR some 19 months ago, I was REALLY tired at MK, and REALLY tired when I got back. So a nap was PERFECT. REALLY.
I love me a nap at Disney...just because one is truly "ti----erred" there.

Now, photos!

Nice!

We got there early, and got a quick photo in before being seated:

Great family photo!

Now, two photos AFTER being seated:

Looking spiffy!

Now, a more interesting photo of the view:

Beautiful!

First, bread.
Um, yum!

Kristin went for the lobster tails.
Looks so good!

This is my favorite restaurant here.
I really, really need to try this place!

we're getting on a boat.
Can't wait to try this from WL in June!

One last night in Magic Kingdom, when we return!
Looking forward to it!

Yay, you came back!! I've been to Disney and back in the time you left us. haha. The dinner at Narcoossee's looked amazing!!!!!! Come back soon and finish this this, so I can find out how the night of MK turned out!

Leave it to me to place a hit-and-run update here after being AWOL for months, only to drop off for weeks. But no more. And I mean it this time!

I think.

I hope.

I do know these two things:

1. I REALLY need to finish this Trip Report.
2. I'm REALLY fare behind on reading others' Trip Reports.

That said, THANK YOU for sticking around! I want to reply to all of your comments, but fear doing that might push back getting out my next update. And I REALLY need to get out the next update.

So thanks again for reading! Can't express how much I appreciate it. Now, sit tight. We'll get through this thing. Starting with our next update. Right now!

Alright, let's close this trip out right! MK until close. Which, sadly, is only until midnight.

So no time to waste! We're through the gates at 7:20 and back to Splash Mountain soon after.

But first, balloons!

And after that, a family photo!

Then another one, but closer to the Castle:

Ok, let's go! A shot of just the Castle photo first:

Can you see why Dylan hates pictures? If there were five more PhotoPass CMs between the gates and the Castle, we'd have five more pictures. But there aren't, so moving on...

We DO reach Splash Mountain, eventually.

Wait, what?

Ah, heck. Let's ride anyway. It's the last day. No biggie.

We ride, and we did get wet. But though we got popped by the little-used cannon going around the bend, but managed to miss this one:

So we're not THAT wet.

We make the kids turn around for another shot, which neither likes. Still, they put on their game faces, and family memories are made:

No more photos, since we've probably taken over a hundred on this ride over the years. That's no exaggeration.

LOVE this ride, and it's great we got to ride it on our last night. And it's still warm enough out to do it. That's a big plus about June.

Last edited:
After Splash, we moved on to another Mountain, which we also had FPs for:

Well, not that. But something in that general area. Space Mountain, to be specific.

It's starting to get dark. I love Tomorrowland at night. If I had any more pictures of it from that night, I would show you how nice it is. But I don't.

Anyway, our first stop on our Marathon o' Rides is Space Mountain, which we have FPs for. Great! We're on, and it's a hoot, as always. I think it's safe to say this ride is in the Top 5 for every one of us. I'm into "Top whatever" lists, by the way. In middle school and high school, I used to keep a weekly Top Twenty of songs I liked. I really wish I had held on to that.

Anyway again, while in line for SM, we made FPs for BTMRR, but decided that FL was too far away, so we changed them to BLSRS. Then, I realized I made the DISBoards acronym joke in a previous TR - um, I mean "Trip Report" - before, so I go back to speaking in English. For the most part. But you have to admit, it's pretty silly to type out "BLSRS", when "Buzz" requires less typing.

So, anyway to the previous two anyways, we now have Buzz FPs (we're still using SOME acronyms, remember), and they're for the specific time of RIGHT NOW, so on we go. No pictures on this one, and I'm not upset by that. I have really become terrible at this game. I used to be good. I don't know what happened.

Keeping in the theme of the future, and, to a lesser degree, because we're actually in Tomorrowland right now, it's on to another Tomorrowland attraction. This one is the People Mover, and it's a quick once-and-done for us on a ride we often take multiple spins on. But the night is moving on, and so must we. No time for photos again, until we reach a ride none of really like that much. But it can be made fun, and we have to do it at least once:

The ride on the Speedway gave us the bonus of the rare in-park number 11 for the Trip Report day header, so this ride wasn't a waste. I was behind the girls and Dylan, though, which kind of stinks since you can't pass them. Where's the competition?

Off that we step, and onto Dylan's back jumps Emily:

Awww, sibling fun! We don't see a lot of that. They're very different people.

Nonetheless, Em gets a ride to our next attraction...

...and she has a blast. We're going to finish this night off on a high note. 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, everyone! Let's go!

Last edited:
Or not. HUGE standby line. I didn't take note of the exact time, but it would have to be over an hour for us to skip it at this point. And skip it we did.

So where to next? Well, OF COURSE, I suggest the Haunted Mansion, because c'mon, the Haunted Mansion. And we ride it! Sixth time is the best one, I think. I could ride it six more times.

But once will have to do, because we're moving on again. 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, everyone! Let's go!

40 minute standby! That's it? Unbelievable!

Well, not THAT unbelievable, since Wishes is about to start. But that's ok. We've seen it this trip. Several times. So into the queue we head, still able to (sort of) watch the fireworks from the line.

Riding this one as our last ride of the trip is starting to become a yearly tradition! At least, it would have, had the streak not ended at one year. Because this would not be our last ride of this trip. Back to Space Mountain!

We reach SM, and there's not a huge wait. Some wait, but not terrible. Besides, the park is closing soon, so there's nothing else for us to do here.

We ride, we love it, and then we make our way to the exit. But first, a quick drop-in on the Main Street Confectionery!

No photos again, for some reason. Maybe because we've already taken so many. What we do have a lot of are DDP snack credits, so we stock up on garbage for the flight home. Cookies! Popcorn! Treats on sticks! We pay, and we're out. Snack Balance = 0. We win the DDP!

Outside now, and it's straight to the exit. That's it. Another year down. Once again, we say goodbye to the Magic Kingdom. And, for this year, the Disney Parks.

Em breaks down. I don't, because I tend to tear up at happy before sad. Not sure what Kristin's smiling about, though:

We leave the park, unfortunately, but it was an awesome day. And another awesome trip. We still have a morning at the pool tomorrow, but this vacation is quickly coming to a close. As usual, we send it off right, by squeezing every last drop out of the park that started our love for this place to begin with. What a night!

We're back to the resort by about 12:20, and all asleep by 1:00. We have a mid-afternoon flight tomorrow, so we don't have to get up super-early. Besides, it's a travel day. We can sleep on the plane. Good night!

(Up next...leaving Disney :()

Last edited:
If there were five more PhotoPass CMs between the gates and the Castle, we'd have five more pictures. But there aren't, so moving on...
Sounds the same as my family, we stop at just about every photographer down the street. Luckily my girls don't seem to mind, so there's no fighting with them.

No pictures on this one, and I'm not upset by that. I have really become terrible at this game. I used to be good. I don't know what happened.
I have never been good at Buzz. I just can't figure out how to aim that tiny little laser dot. I have no hope of being a Galactic Hero.

As usual, we send it off right, by squeezing every last drop out of the park that started our love for this place to begin with.
Thanks for sharing your love of the park through your excellent TR! Your enthusiasm for the pace always adds to my anticipation of our next trip. We are off to Disneyland in 30 days; have to wait till November for WDW. I really enjoyed the pics as well! Thanks!

Great last night! I truly loved going with my 4 & 2 yr old last year and will again love going with my 5 & 3 yr old this year (minus a set of grandparents, adding in a DH who hasn't been in 35 years!) but I truly look forward to the trips where we can all ride together and stay up late and do nighttime EMH, and spend a bunch of time under the lights, like you and your family do. Granted, I'll keep them in the parks til 11pm sometimes but it's just not quite the same....yet.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I look forward to the pool morning to finish it out.

Gotta love a fun-filled late night at the MK! Emily & I always try to do a late night together at the MK. Steve prefers to stay at the resort and enjoy the bar. What a lush.

I'm looking forward to the last installment but will miss reading this TR. Thanks again for writing it!

Day 12 - Friday - Flight Home

Itinerary:
  • Pack
  • Swim
  • Leave

FastPass+
  • None

ADR:
  • Don't rub it in.

The notes for this day are really sketchy ("up at 8:00. pack."), but we do have some pictures. Yay, Coronado!

Haunted Hidden Mickey (shows up better in photos than in real life. how? HOW???)!!

Here's Kristin, trying to take a picture of the view from the room, but instead getting a photo of her reflection, and the reflection of the mirror behind her. #Art #TwilightZone #PhotoFail

Those were all taken AFTER we got up (obviously) and packed (surprisingly quickly). We usually get most of our stuff packed the night before we leave, but the late night Thursday pushed that off until today. We're pretty good at this, though, so it's no issue. Only minimal arguing. And that's progress.

That done, we double-check the room, then call the concierge to pick us (and our bags) up.

To El Centro we go, and we're all checked in for the flight. It's not until later this afternoon, though, so we have time to swim!

Last edited:
We thought about saving a park day for today, but it sometimes feels rushed when we do that. We've had enough Disney Springs for one year, so swimming it is!

Actual conversation before we finished packing.

Kristin: "Dylan, do you want to pack a bathing suit in the carry-on?"

Dylan: "No, thanks."

Kristin: "You're not going to swim?"

Dylan. "Nah. I'll just read."

Jon: "You're going to want to swim."

Dylan: "Nah."

Of course he later came to regret not having a bathing suit, but that was predictable. For the rest of us grasshoppers (you know, like the fable with the ant), we get to play!

...but only for so long. Eventually, our time runs out, and we need to change and get back to El Centro to catch the Magical Express. The Horrible, Awful, Depressing, Magical Express.

But first, a few more photos!

We board the bus, saying goodbye to Coronado Springs, and Walt Disney World, once again.

And that's where our story ends. Apart from the extra space from the overly cuddly lesbians seated next to me on the plane (they decided to share a seat) and the appearance of Consuela from "Family Guy" on a backseat screen a few rows in front of me, the flight home was uneventful. As you want it to be.

* The End *

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!