List of restaurants slated to open on June 22, July 11, July 15 (More Updates - 6/21/2020)

It is believed that Kidani will open but not Jambo. People who have reservations at Jambo have been moved.

It is believed that Kidani will open but not Jambo. People who have reservations at Jambo have been moved.

So perhaps the decision to have Mara open has changed. Maybe they THOUGHT originally that it needed to be open (I noticed neither Boma nor Jiko were), but now they don't even have any need to open Mara. This is Disney's first pandemic experience, and things change a lot.

Sanaa is QS at breakfast. I imagine it is either cooked by Mara employees at Sanaa, or cooked at the Mara and transported over to Sanaa.
Sanaa has had quick service breakfast for a while. We were at Kidani 2/19 and they had it then. Some grab and go items, or you could get stuff cooked fresh there. DH got both types during our stay and brought it back to the room for us.

Sanaa has had quick service breakfast for a while. We were at Kidani 2/19 and they had it then. Some grab and go items, or you could get stuff cooked fresh there. DH got both types during our stay and brought it back to the room for us.
Yeah, I know, I've eaten there. I'm just theorizing that it was always Mara employees that worked it, so that's why they were called back even though the Mara itself isn't scheduled to reopen yet.

So far looking like World Showcase is going to be pretty limited once parks open. No Italian, Mexican , Japanese or French to name a few. Has there been a new list released? Or just the one posted above ?

Last edited:

So far looking like World Showcase is going to be pretty limited once parks open. No Italian, Mexican , Japanese or French to name a few. Has there been a new list released? Or just the one posted above ?
That would explain why they are doing a very long food & wine festival. Gotta feed the people that DO go, and most of the world showcase restaurant employees are from the original countries.

So perhaps the decision to have Mara open has changed. Maybe they THOUGHT originally that it needed to be open (I noticed neither Boma nor Jiko were), but now they don't even have any need to open Mara. This is Disney's first pandemic experience, and things change a lot.
I can't imagine that if they made the decision to move everyone from Jambo to Kidani that they would still open Mara. It would kind of defeat the purpose of keeping a clean/empty building at Jambo House, and it would be very inconvenient for everyone staying at Kidani. I would expect not many would be willing to make the walk there for it, and I'm sure they want to avoid having an internal bus transfer during this time as well.

Interesting that most of the higher end restaurants are open.
Specifically noted Jiko, California Grill, Narcoossees, Citricos are not open.
We aren't going until October, but thought with no parks open, we would have enjoyed the higher end restaurants.
I had dinner at Cirticos in February and the waiter said that they would be closing for remodeling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter