Listen, Disney: let Minnevans skip bag check and park entrance!

BabybetterDisney

DIS Veteran
There used to be a bus that will drive guests with park hopper tickets from one park to another from inside a park to inside another park, thereby skipping the entry process and checks. That system was cancelled due to lack of demand, but that was before the Minnevan days. The Minnevan can now serve that purpose flexibly without concern for demand. There just need to be a booth computer somewhere in, say, MK, where people can scan their magic bands to show that they have park hopper tickets and click in where they want to go, say DHS, it tells you how long it will take the Minnievan to show up and the cost, the customer accepts the offer, a Minnevan comes and drives all the way inside DHS and drop off the customer at a preassigned location. There is no overhead for this plan, being that the Minnevans are already in service. Just need to set up a couple of computer booths in each of the four parks and a spot for drop off/pick up, and it's good to go!

This will increase Minnevan midday demand, as Minnevans are mostly busy during park closing and opening.

I am making this suggestion because a couple of years ago, I posted that Disney should build a walkway from MK to GF, and they are doing it now! So I flatter myself that Disney is listening to posts on the DIS, and hopefully somebody will read this, as this cost a lot less than building a walk way, plus improve Minnievan business and customer service, making travelling between parks a lot faster. It's win win all around.

The (still not officially announced ;)) walkway is based on much, much, much more than one single poster's suggestion on an unofficial forum.

Disney has created dedicated Minnie Van stops at each bus loop. I can't see them instead utilizing the former Express stops.

But feel free to contact Disney directly with your recommendation. wdw.guest.communications @disneyworld.com.

That system was cancelled due to lack of demand, but that was before the Minnevan days.

It was more than lack of demand. I believe part of the problem with the express bus service was weather. During inclement weather, all outdoor Cast Members are moved inside. Whenever that happened, guests could not board or exit buses.

Minnie Vans would have the same restrictions because there still would need to be a Cast Member in charge of the entrance point at each theme park.

Edited to Add:
I was thinking more about this. Back when I worked at Disney World, one of my roles was based out of an office located backstage at Magic Kingdom. In order to get clearance to drive into the secured zone, we had to agree to an extended background check. Once we passed that, we could drive to the office instead of parking in the regular Cast Member lot.

Anyway, that background check was so we could drive our personal vehicles. I guess it's possible that company-provided Minnie Vans might be exempt. But, I doubt it. It's just too big a liability having unscreened cars and drivers just a few feet from attractions and thousands of guests.

Last edited:

I mean cool idea but where are these entrances even at anymore? Is it even plausible that there is enough room?

It would be much, much worse than the Express buses. Those were scheduled. MinivaNs are on demand. There could be ten customers wanting rides in a five minute span, then nothing for an hour. How do you assign CMs when you have zero information about timing?

There used to be a bus that will drive guests with park hopper tickets from one park to another from inside a park to inside another park, thereby skipping the entry process and checks. That system was cancelled due to lack of demand, but that was before the Minnevan days. The Minnevan can now serve that purpose flexibly without concern for demand. There just need to be a booth computer somewhere in, say, MK, where people can scan their magic bands to show that they have park hopper tickets and click in where they want to go, say DHS, it tells you how long it will take the Minnievan to show up and the cost, the customer accepts the offer, a Minnevan comes and drives all the way inside DHS and drop off the customer at a preassigned location. There is no overhead for this plan, being that the Minnevans are already in service. Just need to set up a couple of computer booths in each of the four parks and a spot for drop off/pick up, and it's good to go!

This will increase Minnevan midday demand, as Minnevans are mostly busy during park closing and opening.

I am making this suggestion because a couple of years ago, I posted that Disney should build a walkway from MK to GF, and they are doing it now! So I flatter myself that Disney is listening to posts on the DIS, and hopefully somebody will read this, as this cost a lot less than building a walk way, plus improve Minnievan business and customer service, making travelling between parks a lot faster. It's win win all around.
The current system using Minnie Vans is very efficient and as one who uses it, sees no reason whatsoever for it to include a bag check bypass. I mean, I was a huge user of the Express Bus but I know why it left and it wasn't just lack of use. It was a trial program and during the trial run they learned all the reasons why it couldn't work or expand.

Still, I'm very amused that you think your ideas have influenced Disney's decisions. Good for you, LOL
If someone was reading ideas on the Dis there are at least 100 better ones than a bypass option for Minnie Van users.

I mean cool idea but where are these entrances even at anymore? Is it even plausible that there is enough room?
There is not.
Due to the extensive construction, we are now seeing all around property, there was simply no more room for the buses to go backstage in an area where guests could also go. Combine that with the weather issues and there you go. Failed trial.

I'm very amused that you think your ideas have influenced Disney's decisions.
For what it's worth and it's just my observation, but after being on the inside for over two decades and having attended a countless number of departmental meetings and having had hundreds of one on one interactions with management, I never heard the word "Disboard" mentioned. Other CMs may have heard it but I never did.

I used those buses that avoided security. They were quite wonderful, but there were weather dependent. The other thing is that you paid for that service, it wasn't complimentary. And it was quite underutilized. I don't think I was ever on a bus that had more than 6 people on it.

I am not sure I like the idea of skipping security. I understand the person was scanned when entering the first park, however, bad people will always try to find a way around going through security multiple times. Why make it easy? Maybe 9/11 will always be fresh for me, but I will wait in a security line patiently-- I've got nothing to hide and appreciate them doing the same to people I will be in the park with. I would rather lose a few minutes than create a potential loop hole. Just my two cents...

While I don' t think will do this as the Minnie Vans are already "overbooked" I don't see a security concern. One of the things I really liked about Universal was that you can go from park to park without waiting for security.

While I don' t think will do this as the Minnie Vans are already "overbooked" I don't see a security concern. One of the things I really liked about Universal was that you can go from park to park without waiting for security.
And I really like the security setup at Universal. It is so much faster than Disney security!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter