* Little Known Experiences

DisneyaHolic23

DIS Veteran
What fun, unique events/activities/experiences have you tried or discovered in Disney World?

My favorite things are:
* Savor, Sip, and Sparkle - Celebration at the Top - We have done this four times now, and it is always just wonderful! I feel like it is a great value.
* Drink Around the World Showcase and Monorail Drink-a-Thon, using the personalized passports we found online. We do this on every trip!
* Jellyrolls - We love the dueling pianos!
* Fireworks cruise near the Magic Kingdom - Definitely a must-do for a special occasion.
* Segway Tour at Fort Wilderness/Wilderness Lodge - not as fun as the Segway tour that they quit in Epcot, but still a great time!
* Backstage Magic and Keys to the Kingdom tours - we would love to try another tour....

On our next trip, we would like to try something new - what are your favorites?

Have you done Lunch with an Imagineer? That's one of my favorites. Lunch is at Brown Derby at HS or Citricos at GF. The group is small - about a dozen people - and a Disney Imagineer. I've done this twice, the 1st time with an Imagineer who helped design the Wilderness Lodge and the 2nd time with an Imagineer who helped create Toy Story Mania and the area around it. They tell you a bit about their experience and then there was about 45 minutes of Q & A. The 1st time lunch was about 2 hours, the 2nd time it was about 3 hours.

Fishing excursion! We were picked up at the Poly and went along the Seven Seas Lagoon over near Wilderness Lodge and Contempora fishing for bass. Our guide was wonderful (Dave) and we all caught a lot of fish! I booked it mostly for my DH and boys, but I ended up enjoying it just as much. We did it about 5 years ago and they still talk about it!

We (my wife and I) do the Behind the Seeds tour every other trip down to WDW. We have done Backstage Magic Tour and totally loved. We have also done Holiday D-Light Tour, The UnDISCOVERed Future World. My hint here would be to do The UnDISCOVERed Future World before you do Backstage Magic Tour. We did the Segway Around World Showcase. It was a great way to see World Showcase without a lot of people, therefore; I wish they would bring this tour back.

We have talked about doing Monorail in the Sky (own version) the next time but after reading about Savor, Sip, and Sparkle - Celebration at the Top, I will see if I can talk her into doing this. We have also talked about doing the Segway Tour through Fort Wilderness and the Lunch with an Imagineer.

We did Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table for her 40th birthday. We are already talking about going for my 50th and her 50th birthdays so been thinking about the Firework Cruise for one of those.

We (my wife and I) do the Behind the Seeds tour every other trip down to WDW. We have done Backstage Magic Tour and totally loved. We have also done Holiday D-Light Tour, The UnDISCOVERed Future World. My hint here would be to do The UnDISCOVERed Future World before you do Backstage Magic Tour. We did the Segway Around World Showcase. It was a great way to see World Showcase without a lot of people, therefore; I wish they would bring this tour back.

We have talked about doing Monorail in the Sky (own version) the next time but after reading about Savor, Sip, and Sparkle - Celebration at the Top, I will see if I can talk her into doing this. We have also talked about doing the Segway Tour through Fort Wilderness and the Lunch with an Imagineer.

We did Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table for her 40th birthday. We are already talking about going for my 50th and her 50th birthdays so been thinking about the Firework Cruise for one of those.
sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but do you tip on behind the seeds?

Love all these suggestions! I’ve always wanted to take a tour. Will save this list for future trips :)

sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but do you tip on behind the seeds?
It is not required but appreciated. We are probably about 50/50 on tipping and not tipping. For us, it depends on the guide and how informative they are and helpful they are to regular gardeners.

I've done the Highway in the Sky Dine Around twice. I'm going to do the Jiko wine tasting when I'm there in November!

I've done the Highway in the Sky Dine Around twice. I'm going to do the Jiko wine tasting when I'm there in November!
Obviously, you liked Highway in the Sky Dine Around. What did you like most about it? I would love to hear what you thought of Jiko Wine Tasting.

Obviously, you liked Highway in the Sky Dine Around. What did you like most about it? I would love to hear what you thought of Jiko Wine Tasting.
It was a different experience both times. The people I was with really influenced how fun it was, and for me the group atmosphere was the best part the first time (or made it so much fun that I wanted to go again). The first time around I did it solo in December. There were a few other solos and some non-couple pairs (friends, mother/daughters, etc.) and I think that made it a lot more fun. They mixed up the groups each time and everyone got to know each other. The second time (last month) it was mostly couples and I was with my husband. It felt like most people didn't want to talk to others. I tried and it just didn't go well. By the end of the night I just sat with my husband & watched the fireworks quietly, whereas the time before we were all talking & having a blast together by the time we got to GF. The food and drinks were fantastic both times. The food was changed up more than I was expecting which was cool too! The options at Citricos were the same, but the food at Contemporary/Poly was different the second time around, so it was nice to not have the exact same dining experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!