Liz and Scott's May the 4th Be With Us Star Wars Wishes 05.04.16 (NEW: Rings pg.7)

Aside from the price tag, getting to play wedding princess dress up is pretty much the best I think. But, those price tags... Lol.

il_570xN.862310869_m00p_zpscidrs4h2.jpg

I've just purchased this headband which I think will match the detailing on my dress just fabulously.

daiposon_zps9nz78kzm.png

I also think that I'll be going with this jewelry set, after trying on the larger Swarovski Diapason necklace (AGAIN, 3rd time??) in the store, I think it really is too busy. I want to be decked out, not weighed down. Hopefully I can secure this set before my dress viewing!​

I LOVED your bouquet though! The green berries helped offset the pink, and the striking colors really fit the mood of Seabreeze :)
I guess I should have clarified..I mean our reception decor. Our personal floral was done from an outside vendor and I liked her colors of pink much better.

Aside from the price tag, getting to play wedding princess dress up is pretty much the best I think. But, those price tags... Lol.

il_570xN.862310869_m00p_zpscidrs4h2.jpg

I've just purchased this headband which I think will match the detailing on my dress just fabulously.

daiposon_zps9nz78kzm.png

I also think that I'll be going with this jewelry set, after trying on the larger Swarovski Diapason necklace (AGAIN, 3rd time??) in the store, I think it really is too busy. I want to be decked out, not weighed down. Hopefully I can secure this set before my dress viewing!​
That's a really lovely set! You'll look stunning.
I love the asymmetry of the one I've purchased and it's certainly nice and light and I was lucky it was in the post Christmas sale for 50% off given it's from the Atelier range. I just wished Swarovski would make their Diapason like the one you have pictured....just the front part and then a chain. It's just too heavy the more chocker look but it seems to be in most of their necklaces. I bet after the weddings come June they'll change to what we were looking for....
Ah well...that bracelet is lovely perfectly matching. I was terrified of my dress catching a normal bracelet so I went with the Stone mini Bangle http://www.swarovski.com/Web_US/en/5184515/product/Stone_Mini_Bangle,_L.html
With the Twisty triangle as a backup as it's super sweet.

I think of all the things I've gone back and forth on it's been hardest deciding on the jewellery go figure...

I'm sorry to hear that your DF got laid off! I hope he finds new work soon! Your wedding is just going to be gorgeous, I can't wait to see pics when it's over :lovestruc

I'm sorry to hear that your DF got laid off! I hope he finds new work soon! Your wedding is just going to be gorgeous, I can't wait to see pics when it's over :lovestruc

It's funny you posted that. As of Friday, he was hired for a new job... One that even pays more! So woohoo, that helps take a TON of stress off the table. Lol.

I'm also really excited. I found what exactly I want for my bridal jewelry! I went to Swarovski with my crown and the gals working there were super helpful.

dc24b994-db55-446a-aa95-48170b2142c4_zps8lx4b3ue.jpg

af61cea9-00f1-4b6c-b122-b19be666de1a_zpsdiezqj1z.jpg

I went with the smallest necklace out of the collection I liked. Since I want my hair to be styled down, I don't want to clutter my chest.​

I am almost to the 60 day mark and SO behind in updating this PJ. Omg.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Love the flower inspirations! Your jewelry, your younger girls gowns! Everything is coming together. And you're getting close to your date!

Boo on your DF getting laid off, but super YAY for getting a new job!! I totally understand that laid off work stress.
and Hooray for Grandma for saving the wedding!

Thanks so much for your support guys! I've felt super down-trodden lately. Getting everything paid for is the worst I think. It doesn't help that my brother threw a fit and now I'm having to find a different dress for the older girls because the one I chose had a key-hole cut out in the back and it was "too revealing." My niece will be 14 (essentially I junior bridesmaid, who is he kidding). I sent a new option their way, hopefully they all approve because I'm ready to stop fussing with others so I can focus on DF and I!!!

How big is the key hole? Can it be sewn or pinned closed?
It's not like she's showing boobage....o_O

Unfortunately, some people are going to have different views then you and you just gotta try to roll with it. And try to maintain your sanity in the midst of it all. Along with trying not to strangle them!
My 1st wedding to my ex husband was like that. My mother & my ex were the ones I wanted to strangle. I ended up "giving up" and gave in. My 1st wedding was nothing what I wanted or imagined. But I had to
agree or be flexible with things in order to save relationships. So, stay true to you. And if you feel like you need to stick to your guns, do so delicately so you don't cause harm or hurt feelings. A wedding is not worth
losing family or life long friendships over.

Hang in there kiddo. It's all going to work out. You're marrying the love of your life. Not the dress or the cake. That's all just bonus stuff.
:flower3:

Just read through your PJ. Your dress is beautiful! I would love to know your opinions of some of the bridal stores in Denver - I'm in the area but not from here so I don't know where to start.

And I love your jewelry and bridesmaids boxes. Can't wait to see more!

How big is the key hole? Can it be sewn or pinned closed?
It's not like she's showing boobage....o_O

It was a half open back o_O. Honestly I found a new dress, a nice brand from Macys and told them, if you don't buy, then they don't participate. My siblings are 12, 15 and 17 years OLDER than me and I'm pretty disappointed that they won't spend $50 themselves on their daughters. Holy cow. (But both of my brothers are planning extended trips to Miami and Cocoa Beach after the wedding, so figure the logic in that.)

Anyways my PARENTS ended up getting sizes from my siblings and buying the dresses because they were just as disappointed as I was and didn't want me to worry. So regardless the attitudes, all dresses are ordered and I will have a gaggle of pretty little girls. I'm pretty sad about my siblings, but I have really great people coming to my wedding and a vast majority are planning to spend the week in one happy glob with us. Literally they want to be by our sides. The less wet blankets, the better!

Just read through your PJ. Your dress is beautiful! I would love to know your opinions of some of the bridal stores in Denver - I'm in the area but not from here so I don't know where to start.

And I love your jewelry and bridesmaids boxes. Can't wait to see more!

Thank you!!! I have a ton more hand made stuff I'm either wrapping up now or in the next few weeks, I can't wait to show you guys!
Honestly I visited 4 salons in Denver and 1 in Longmont (to find Disney Alfred Angelo gowns), and the Bridal Collection was the only that I had a "true" bridal experience. It's a pretty store and they stock some really great brands (it's not cheap though!).

In other news, I am now about 60 DAYS OUT. Que the hair pulling anxiety!!! And speaking of hair, I ended up booking cosmetology with LeJeune Hair & Makeup Artistry. I had originally thought of going with Kristy of Kristy's Artistry Design Team, but the communication was slow and almost non-existent and she straight up ignored a ton of my questions. Additionally her "early morning fee," because of my 8am ready time was $100! So right off the bat I would owe $100 for early morning, $100 for travel and about $100 each for hair and makeup. Hahahahahha, no. I like her portfolio, but the interaction was poor.

Randy of LeJeune Hair & Makeup Artistry has been great with communication and waved the travel fee and early morning fee as a military discount (I'm in the Air Force Reserves for those tuning in late). AND their base rates are way more affordable, so ding ding ding, winner! At the moment I'm conflicted about getting a trial appointment - I've gotten my makeup done for plenty of occasions and feel like I can articulate my needs okay... But it sounds fun, lol.

I need to post about: my dress viewing, the new flower girl dresses, wedding bands, bridal and bridesmaid accessories, floral developments, favors progress and centerpieces. Whew. Get ready for a ton of posts! :D

Hi guys. I posted another thread looking for advice for my large group of friends who want to stick together in the parks. The thread went south with people being pretty darn rude. I'm going to take a break from these boards because I just don't need another thing to worry about. Thanks for the support loves, catch you later!

I'm sorry your communication from Kristy's was so slow, I had the opposite experience. I know you'll be happy (and beautiful!) with LeJeune's team though without a doubt, so wooooohoooo! Yay for getting hair and makeup booked!!!

Hi guys. I posted another thread looking for advice for my large group of friends who want to stick together in the parks. The thread went south with people being pretty darn rude. I'm going to take a break from these boards because I just don't need another thing to worry about. Thanks for the support loves, catch you later!

People can be so stupid and sucky. Glad you are taking the time to focus on happy things and not worry-ful things! *hugs* Look forward to hearing from you when you're ready. :)

So glad you got some wonderful swarovski jewelry and hope you're well!

There's such a thing as too many opinions. I had enough trouble managing my mother at my wedding so am glad I went without any bridesmaids etc. The whole thing was amazing without so many people to "worry" about as in the end it is you and your fiance's day and you can't forget that.

If your wedding coordinator is anything as good as mine it will run so smoothly it'll be amazing. She just was perfect with timing of everything we needed when we needed it and suggestions and really. I can't thank her enough. So just look forward to the DAY and try and worry less about the family :hug:

Liz loved reading about your upcoming wedding. Your dress is beautiful on you. Your are a lovely couple.

Thank you both for your service to our country.

Hope you found your minister for your wedding. I saw in your post that you're were looking for one. Did you think of maybe reaching out to your fellow 501st to see if they have a minister who could do your ceremony?

The Star Wars theme of your celebration will be awesome.

Sorry for your experience with the rude posters. That kind of behavior is unacceptable. I'am thinking the moderators should shut those folks down. Perhaps they did? Dis is a place for those who love Disney and Universal to help one another.

Enjoy the rest of your planning.

God bless you both and may you have many happy years of marriage.

Last edited:
Sorry for your experience with the rude posters. That kind of behavior is unacceptable. I'am thinking the moderators should shut those folks down. Perhaps they did? Dis is a place for those who love Disney and Universal to help one another.

Thank you! The rude bitterness was one of many things that happened over a couple of weeks that just completely zapped my enthusiasm. Fortunately a moderator stepped in and took out a majority of what I would consider bullying remarks. I think I'll keep my posting to this wedding and planning area. Weddings and planning is stressful enough without uncalled-for rudeness.

I'm gearing up to catch up this PJ. Obviously being about a month out I have a TON of stuff to share. Thanks for stopping by everyone.

Watch me play frantic catch up as I'm officially about one week out from flying to the mouse. *gasp*

DRESS VIEWING
My crazy work schedule left me to make a rather impromptu appointment to view my dress and another ultimately to start the alterations process.

The young woman who met be in the front of the boutique lead me back to a private viewing area, I assume close to the alterations shop (The Bridal Collection in Denver is huge). She had a very thick Indian accent, so I had to ask her several times to repeat herself as she went over the alterations process. A few minutes later a short older lady popped out of a back door and proceeded to ask me about my plans for the gown (make it not baggy, please). Now this lady had a very thick Eastern European accent. What was the most amusing about this was that the young woman and older woman had to talk slowly around each other so they could pick up on the nuances of each other’s English skills.

It made the appointment rather fun, we were all giggling and asking “what?”… A lot.

While the older gal got down on hand and knees to start my hem adjustment she pulled out a couple of dress maker pins and quietly shamed Justin Alexander’s dress makers for doing such a thing. They asked me about the wedding and were taken a back from the location. Both of them started calling me princess after that.

The dress itself looked rather horrid off the hanger. It was huge on me, but the bust/chest area fit great. With a $600 alterations price tag (ouch), I’m having the waist taken in (lace, base dress and built in corset), hem taken up (6 layers), and train bustled (5 point traditional). At least the alterations price is a catch-all, it includes as many sessions I need for a good fit, and no surprise upcharges for the crazy amount of beading the torso has.

They also include a dress steaming and will pack my dress for me if I choose to place it in a carry-on. While I feel good up to this point about the fitting, I’m also somewhat terrified it won’t fit on the wedding day because I can’t articulate myself to the alterations girls. Got to be firm I suppose.

12718237_937400633033481_2193755722399639313_n_zpsopipnqya.jpg

Since I'm not changing my name, I went with "Disney Bride"

12802899_10153717617977013_4407739570157188127_n_zpsa3o9eoc1.jpg

First look. Noting beading that wasn't on the sample due to wear and tear.

12799375_938678236239054_710162685867463584_n_zpsl2yfzfwe.jpg

First try on! Happy, but also baaaaagggy! (Bust fits though!)

12814388_10153717548057013_6883940779838730255_n_zpsdb3o5inn.jpg

My shoes looked great!

Hopefully I can get this PJ spun back up. Sooo much to update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter