Lo and Behold, We are Gold (and we don't even deserve it!)

AlexandNessa

<font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=green
All the fine print says that internet rates do not count toward a qualified stay, but we booked 6 nights through hotelkingdom.com, and what did we receive today, but our Loew's Gold Card!

We returned from our 6-night stay on March 30, so it took just about 2 months to get our new card.

I think this is odd, since when we asked about our welcome gift, we were told quite clearly that we didn't qualify for one since we booked with a discounted rate. :confused:

I wish I had known our hotelkingdom stay would count. I would've waited to book our RPR Club ressies for October to see if I could've finagled an upgrade as a Gold Member. ;)

Congratulations on your Loews Gold. However, I am Loews Gold and am still waiting to receive our first upgrade. It seems nothing is ever available. Here's how I look at it -- don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed. If it ever happens, great!

I think alot depends on the time of year you are visiting. If it's a very busy time, there is not much chance of getting upgraded. If it's a slow time, you may get lucky!

I qualified for loews platinum last summer and have never paid full price for a room. My rates are usually APH or FLO and therefore are very low. I have always gotten my welcome gift without question and have been upgraded on several occasions. Like antmaril said it does help a lot if your stay is during a non busy time and the shorter the better. It's much easier for the hotel to upgrade a guest for one or two nights than it is for five.

I signed up for Loews member last year and within a year, I became a Platinum!! I love getting an upgrade! I'm getting an upgrade again. I'm getting a King Suite!! The lady asked me over the phone if I want to be upgraded, I said sure, so she typed it on my reservation and I mentioned to her that I wanted to be in the higher floor facing the pool/parks or at least just the parks. So far just about all of my stays, I get a view of the parks or both! Now to me, I think that's "Magic!!"

Fantasia,

You have me going crazy, and I will tell you why.

I booked the HRH first, then tried Portofino. Then I read your threads and I have decided to try Royal Pacific.

Just tell me I will not be disappointed!!

Leaving in a few days as you can see, and I am totally excited. I just hope I will fall in love so I can become a gold memeber really fast!

Connie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter