Location of scrapple

pubugg

Mouseketeer
I pondered which forum to list this with :rotfl2: We are driving from MD to WDW in June, stopping somewhere overnight. I know that scrapple is not sold in the Orlando area (trust me, I've looked!). So I am wondering if anyone knows how far down south (along the 95 corridor) that scrapple is actually sold. If I knew we would have a fridge at the overnight hotel that would be one thing....and I know my nieces will go through withdrawl (and it won't be a pretty picture:rotfl2: if they don't have scrapple for breakfast for a whole week.

Can anyone help me with this dilemma??? Thanks!

I can't help, but I'm interested in the answer. I've always wanted to try scrapple. We live in Kansas, so the chances of finding it here are nil, but if you find it somewhere near Orlando, we may just make small drive to try it, lol.

I can't help, but I'm interested in the answer. I've always wanted to try scrapple. We live in Kansas, so the chances of finding it here are nil, but if you find it somewhere near Orlando, we may just make small drive to try it, lol.

Can guarantee you won't find it out there....have a friend in Army stationed out there who stocks up each time he comes back East. It is definitely an aquired taste, but gotta keep those nieces happy (or it will be a LONG week). I'll let you know what I find out (I've already been told that coastal SC doesn't have it)

I pondered which forum to list this with :rotfl2: We are driving from MD to WDW in June, stopping somewhere overnight. I know that scrapple is not sold in the Orlando area (trust me, I've looked!). So I am wondering if anyone knows how far down south (along the 95 corridor) that scrapple is actually sold. If I knew we would have a fridge at the overnight hotel that would be one thing....and I know my nieces will go through withdrawl (and it won't be a pretty picture:rotfl2: if they don't have scrapple for breakfast for a whole week.

Can anyone help me with this dilemma??? Thanks!
Yes you can find it in the freezer section a Publix Supermarket in the breakfast section

go to Publix in Florida they have it in Freezer section of breakfast food.

Publix has Habersett Scrapple in Florida in the freezer section with other breakfast products

That is a good brand for scrapple but curious why they have it in the freezer section instead of fridge? Whenever we've frozen scrapple (rare but if you stock up on BOGO's you will have too many extra) and defrosted for later use it always crumbles a bit too much.

Well, y'all are doing better than I am...I had to web search scrapple to find out what you're talking about. From what I found, it's originally an Amish thing, so I presume mostly prevalent in the NE. I suspect it's in the freezer section because it contains meat and probably not a high demand in the south (except from transplants), so the freezer keeps it unspoiled longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!