Logistics of pool hopping?

bchbetha

DIS Veteran
Can anyone walk me through the general pool hopping perk, assuming I’m right that there is one? How to easily get between the resorts? How to gain entry? Is it too much hassle? Like is it a good selling feature but wouldn’t really be worth it in reality? Thanks!

Buses at each hotel go directly to city walk

PBH, hrh, rpr are the 3 that have water taxis from their hotel to city walk
From there you can take a water taxi to PBH, rpr or hrh

Buses run to all the hotels

Cbay does not have water taxi service

Probably easier to walk to hrh for their pool if you miss the water taxi at city walk

If you are at rpr it is easy to walk to Sfalls for their pool

Basic walking, bus or city walk transfers to water taxi for going to the other hotels

All you need to do is show your hotel room key to get towels at the hotel pool
You don’t need to bring your own towels

I’ve pool hopped when staying at hrh and rpr and took the water taxi to PBH

Probably the only hotel pool I would hop to would be cabana bay as they have the lazy river pool

I’m really content to stay at my home hotel (rpr) and sit by the pool and not hop

I get lazy while on vacation and don’t want to spend the extra time to pool hop

I do like sitting around my hotel pool
and order food, eat relax and visit with friends more than being in the pools

It could be up to 25 minutes from your hotel to a pool lounger if you went from Cbay to PBH

With the new hotel opening this summer, will assume it would be bus service to city walk

If a pool is closed due to lightning water taxis won’t run
Bus or walking would be the only way to return to your hotel
Water taxis stop running if lightning is 3 miles away

PBH, rpr, hrh have their pools at the back side of the hotel
You don’t have to walk thru a lobby to reach rpr or PBH pools

If you hop to hrh by foot or water taxi, the walking path leads you to the pool section located on the back side of that hotel

We hopped from Porto to HRH for their pool. We just walked out to and across the street. Ds liked the slide but there’s no actual swimming to be fine there as the main part of trnpool is too shallow.

When we last stayed at RPR, we pool-hopped to Cabana Bay and Hard Rock...we walked on the garden path to CB and got the water taxi to HRH (transferring at Citywalk).

On our next trip in May, we plan to pool-hop to Sapphire Falls - we will likely just walk either on the garden path or through the convention space.

In a nutshell, City Walk is the hub of all travel. Go from any of the hotels to there first.

Then pretend that you are staying at another hotel. Find the water taxi or bus going to that one and get on board.

If the pool you are hopping to has a closed gate, try swiping your room key. If that does not work, go to front desk to get it activated properly. Each pool has an inventory of pool towels for you to use and drop in hamper upon leaving.

FWIW, my teens hopped on their own from CB to PBR and were turned away because they were not with an adult 18+. So they got in three rides on RRR instead, lol.

We like to pool hop and don’t find a hassle at all. although we do it when we have a little more time and it’s more like a fun activity. Takes us about 20 minutes to get from one hotel to the other. The only disadvantage from our perspective is that you don’t have a room to go to and dry off and have to travel back to your hotel and your wet swimsuit

In a nutshell, City Walk is the hub of all travel. Go from any of the hotels to there first.

Then pretend that you are staying at another hotel. Find the water taxi or bus going to that one and get on board.

If the pool you are hopping to has a closed gate, try swiping your room key. If that does not work, go to front desk to get it activated properly. Each pool has an inventory of pool towels for you to use and drop in hamper upon leaving.

FWIW, my teens hopped on their own from CB to PBR and were turned away because they were not with an adult 18+. So they got in three rides on RRR instead, lol.

I have seen what some people do. Leave you home hotel, lets Hard Rock and want to go to Porto. Take a bag of swimwear with you to the park in the morning. stash the bag in a locker at the front of the park. enjoy you morning at the park. When you leave for the afternoon grab your stashed bag and hop on the boat going to Porto. You can change at the hotel pool bathrooms, and enjoy one of their three pools with lunch poolside.
On the teen issue. I kinda like that, and kinda don't . In a way I like that they control what could turn into a whole lotta runamucka teens from invading a hotel pool without proper supervision. I kinda don't like it cause, my kids are total nerds and would not have runamucka at the pools. But, maybe they would have, had I allowed them to do that. Kids ehh? The only for sure is that they do stuff we don't expect all the time.

In the specific example of staying at HR but swimming at Porto, you could just stop st your room and change. :) And citywalk as a hub for that combo would not be appropriate as you can just walk from one to the other (either by following the path or crossing the street)

can you bring your own tube for floating in the lazy river? Will they still inflate it for you?

In the specific example of staying at HR but swimming at Porto, you could just stop st your room and change. :) And citywalk as a hub for that combo would not be appropriate as you can just walk from one to the other (either by following the path or crossing the street)

I was using citywalk example as a gobetween after a morning at the parks. but, yeah you could go back to your room and change, or use my plan and have your stuff with you and take a relaxing boat trip to the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!