London Trip in April

Hi, I am newly planning a trip for my birthday in June. Yay! Do you have any opinions on either the Royal Horseguards or Landmark hotels? Or do you have any suggestions? It's my fortieth and just me and my husband(no kids), so a nicer hotel within walking distance to touristy stuff is what I'd prefer. Thanks for any help!
taj mews

Anyone know any good tips on trips to London? We are planning on going in April next year to catch a game at Stamford Bridge, catching a Chelsea game, Seeing some sights, Looking for any tips on Hotels, transportation and activities... Never been and my son is really looking forward to going for his Graduation present.... thanks for any tips....
Going to Disney in Sept, so really need some savings..... :)

Join the Chelsea True Blue supporters club immediately, one membership per person that wants to watch the match. You MAY be able to get tickets out of that, but the Bridge is very difficult to get tickets at. Please be aware "touting" (scalping) of tickets is illegal in the UK and carries a very high likelihood of fake tickets or showing up and being told that they aren't your tickets and you aren't allowed.

We went last March, because Chelsea was still in the FA Cup, they had their Premier League match moved to a different date and they ended up playing a FA Cup game while we were there against United. The only shot we had at tickets at that late date were hospitality tickets direct from the club, it was an amazing, once in a lifetime experience but it cost more than our monthly house payment. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again if in the same position, but just realize that the hospitality tickets can run $300+ each, and the seats aren't even that good at that price.

With that said we did get a pre-match tour of the Bridge, dinner and drinks and the chance to meet a couple of Chelsea players. It was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had.

Do you have any opinions on either the Royal Horseguards
I got married there (Well in the Liberal Club next door) . Its a 5/10 min walk down to Parliament square one way, and about 4 tube stops to Tower etc if you go East. You can walk 5 mins up Northumberland Ave into Trafalgar Sq, and then on into Soho and the West End. Its a nice hotel. The Corinthian (which is opposite) is one of the most expensive, but is beautiful.
catching a Chelsea game,
If you go, do not cheer for the other side when they score etc.. I am a season ticket holder at another London club, and this is a common issue, fans being in the wrong part of the ground, and it can single you out a bit. If you are Chelsea fans, you will be fine.
It's my fortieth and just me and my husband(no kids), so a nicer hotel within walking distance to touristy stuff is what I'd prefer. Thanks for any help!
The issue with this is a bit like WDW. If all the tourist stuff you want to see is in the East and the City, start to look there. If you want to do Kensington and the West End, stay at that end. Even if you stay slap in the middle, the attractions aren't really walkable. Anywhere in Zone 1 tube makes it pretty easy to get to most places.
Personally, I think the London Eye is a waste of money and time
Agreed.

I just got back last week from a two week stay at the Conrad St. James. We loved it and it was so close to everything. We walked to so many things and the tube was right across the street for the rest (St. James Park Underground station). It was a quick few stops to the museums in one direction and to the Tower of London in the other. It was a short walk to Victoria station with access to other tube lines. We only took a taxi to get to the British Museum since that would have required changing train lines and since it was our last day there, we decided we'd rather splurge.

If your around in the evening my best tip for free is book in for the key ceremony at the Tower of London ... https://www.hrp.org.uk/tower-of-london/explore/ceremony-of-the-keys/#gs.aPEGCqs -

An HRP https://www.hrp.org.uk/membership/#gs.kZ1AGPY pass could save you money if your into that side of the history..

Westminster is now tour-able for a fee though I suspect the restoration works may see that end for a while (as with Buck House) (and remember its free for UK residents if you go through your MP as is the climb up Big Ben - again though the works will probably see this end for a few years)

Walk a lot - its the best way to see London - Check the distance - you dont actually need the tube half the time (in fact it will probably take longer by the time you have descended - walked - waited and ascended)

A theatre tip for those of you that are going to London spring 2018 and are old enough to appreciate Meatloaf... the singer not the food! Bat Out of Hell The Musical is back for a bit starting in April. I saw it last August when it was there for a very short run... loved it soooo much! It went from London to Toronto for a limited run but is back to London. I am going back to London in May... last summer took my DD17 but this year it's going to be just my DH and me. A bit of a splurge to go back 10 months later but I can't resist. So far have booked Chess, Red and Bat Out Of Hell. Huge theatre buff!!! So excited!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter