Looking for a home scanner

ski_mom

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to organize my life and would love to find a scanner that I could use at home to scan in some paper documents. I tend to be a "saver" but would love to get rid of the paper. I currently use our scanner at work to occasionally scan in some things I want to keep, but would love to just have one at home to be able to get rid of lots more.

I'm looking for something that scans to a pdf document, but really doesn't need to do much past that.

Just wondered if anyone has one that they use / like?

Thanks!

There are tons of apps available. You can Google "app to scan documents"

If you want to go the App Route, I use the free version of Genius Scan at work and for some home stuff. Take a picture, saves as a PDF, you can email, text, etc.

If you want to buy a scanner, do research first based on what type of computer and what operating system you have. There was a time when some scanners would not work with Macs, and the problem could not be solved by downloading a driver. Maybe that particular issue is not a problem today (I don't know), but you want to know before you buy.

If you only have a few documents, you can take a picture of them on your phone and you end up with a file you can store on your PC. Things like monthly bank & credit card statements are generally posted online, so you can also reduce the amount of paper you receive by choosing that option.

I've used the Turbo Scan app on my phone for several years. It's very easy to use! You can then email the documents to yourself, upload them to a storage service like Dropbox, Amazon Cloud, or Google Drive, or even store them with TurboScan itself.

Thanks everyone - I think I'm going to try one of the phone apps first. This is the budget board after all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter